31 replies to this topic

#1 james_mills

james_mills

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 07:30 AM

Its time to start the preparations for the eighth annual Paulding County Foster Children’s Annual Christmas Party and the second annual Christmas party for the Paulding County Senior Citizen’s Program. Individuals, groups, and corporate sponsors are welcome to join in the fun and start the holiday season by making sure there is a sparkle in each child’s eye (young and old), a place for them on Santa’s knee, and the hope that wishes really do come true.

I became involved in this project five years ago and each year brings more rewards. As our county grows so does the number of children in the foster care system. In the last two years the number of foster families has grown from 30 to 45. How sad we need this many but, how wonderful that we have those who are willing to take children in their homes and love and care for them. The foster children’s party provides a bonding time for foster parents and children. It gives the children an opportunity to realize they are not out there alone and an avenue to build support systems. It is a wonderful time of goodwill through fellowship. It is a joy to join this inspiration!

Each year individuals, local businesses and other civic organizations help sponsor this joint community event. Last year the sponsors included: County Line Ruritan Club; Hiram Hornets Youth Association; J.M.C. Development and Home Place Communities; The Ragsdale Inn; Carmel Catering; March Of Dimes; D.J. Brown Sugar; Turner, Woodall and Associates- Attorneys –At-Law; Paulding County Civitans and Jr. Civitans; Unlimited Rentals; Hardy Chevrolet; K-Mart; Kroger; Publix; Phi-Beta Lamba at Chattahoochee Tech; Chick-Fil-A; Cato’s; Ryan’s; Valinda’s Cozy Kitchen; Ms. Paulding County; Miss Paulding County; Southern Exposures; Coldwell Banker Realty; Reeve’s Floral; several individual community members; and Showers of Flowers. If you would like to join this list of wonderful volunteers please contact Mittie Mitchell at 678-641-6385 or e-mail: mitc808@bellsouth.net. Please send all monetary donations by November 21, 2004.

Donations needed for the foster party:
Gift sponsors / Entertainment / Prepared Food / Sponsors / Volunteers

Donations for the Sr.Citizens:
Sweaters / Bingo Prizes / Desserts / Food Gift Certificates / Sugar Free Candy / Christmas Corsages

Through Fellowship, Goodwill, and Community Service we make Paulding County a better place in which to live!

Project Coordinator,
Mittie Mitchell

Edited by james_mills, 17 November 2004 - 10:36 PM.

James M. Mills, Jr.
Cross Walk Chapel - Treasurer
Paulding Ruritan Club - Secretary/Treasurer
jmmills2@bellsouth.net
http://www.facebook....ames.m.mills.jr

4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6:4-7 (New International Version)

#2 shed

shed

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 08:08 AM

Now that's what a community can do when it bands together to help those that maybe less fortunate. Thanks to everyone involved with this project.
Posted Image

THWG

All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.

#3 cherokeewoman

cherokeewoman

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:31 AM

If you can't volunteer, is there some place that a individual can make a donation?

#4 mach4

mach4

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,992 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (cherokeewoman @ Nov 15 2004, 03:31 AM)
If you can't volunteer, is there some place that a individual can make a donation?

Great question, cherokeewoman! I was thinking the same thing while I was reading this. smile.gif

I would like to make a donation if we can find out where and what!

#5 Murphyfallsdown

Murphyfallsdown

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:32 AM

please let us know what we can do as induaviduals to help with the great project! i know that there are so many who need help this holiday season and since god has blessed me in so many small ways i would like to help others feel the love he has shown me even if it is small.
"May No Soldier Go Unloved. May No Soldier Walk Alone. May No Soldier Be Forgotten. Until They All Come Home." ~ Patti Patton-Bader

no greater love has a man then to lay down his life for another.
john 15:13

It is the Military who salutes the flag
who serves beneath the flag and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag
- support our Troops -

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.
[/b]

#6 m.mitchell

m.mitchell

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:56 PM

Eighth Annual Foster Children's Party

Any interest in this project you can call Mittie Mitchell at 678-641-6385 or e-mail at mitc808@bellsouth.net

Thanks for your interest. It is a very worthwile project.

#7 m.mitchell

m.mitchell

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (cherokeewoman @ Nov 15 2004, 02:31 AM)

You may call Mittie Mitchell at 678-641-6385 or e-mail at mitc808@bellsouth.net.
Thanks for your support.

#8 m.mitchell

m.mitchell

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (mach4 @ Nov 15 2004, 05:28 AM)
Great question, cherokeewoman! I was thinking the same thing while I was reading this.  smile.gif

I would like to make a donation if we can find out where and what!

please call Mittie Mitchell 678-641-6385 or e-mail at mitc808@bellsouth.net. thanks for your support.

#9 m.mitchell

m.mitchell

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Med464rescue @ Nov 15 2004, 05:32 AM)
please let us know what we can do as induaviduals to help with the great project! i know that there are so many who need help this holiday season and since god has blessed me in so many small ways i would like to help others feel the love he has shown me even if it is small.

Call Mittie Mitchell at 678-641-6385 or e-mail at mitc808@bellsouth.net

#10 mach4

mach4

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,992 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:07 AM

Details....Post details here.....

not contact........ sad.gif

Please? smile.gif

#11 Coach Mark

Coach Mark

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:38 AM

The County Line Ruritan Club and the Hiram Hornets Youth Association are coordinating the Paulding County Foster Children’s Annual Christmas Party. In addition, there will be a Christmas party for the Senior Citizen Program of Paulding County. We are also collecting items they can use for bingo prizes.

Our club is a Volunteer Community Service Organization whose mission is to make our Community a better place in which to live through promoting the ideals of Ruritan National. Those ideals are Fellowship, Goodwill, and Community Service. As a Ruritan club affiliated with Ruritan National we are under Section 501© (4) of the 1954 Internal revenue Code. Our group exemption number is 1615. We are seeking individuals, groups, and corporate sponsors to help with these events that start the holiday season right by making sure there is a sparkle in a child’s eye, a place for them on Santa’s knee, and the hope that wishes might really come true.

Make all monetary donations payable to:
County Line Ruritan Club
C/O James Mills, Treasurer
Attn: Foster Children’s Annual Christmas Party
55 Hickory Trail
Dallas, GA 30132

Packages may be mailed to:
Mittie Mitchell
450 Turnberry Drive
Hiram, Ga. 30141
678-641-6385
mitc808@bellsouth.net

#12 Coach Mark

Coach Mark

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:51 AM

The Foster Kids Party is set for Friday December 10th, 7 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church in Dallas.

#13 m.mitchell

m.mitchell

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (mach4 @ Nov 16 2004, 07:07 AM)
Details....Post details here.....

not contact........ sad.gif

Please?  smile.gif

You can pick a specific child to buy a gift for or do a monetary donation which will be used to buy for the others. Donations of food for the party are also welcomed.
Items for bingo prizes for the Sr. Citizen Program.
I will be glad to meet anyone who wants to donate just give me a jingle 678-641-6385.

#14 mach4

mach4

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,992 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 06:28 AM

Thank you both for the information!

#15 Maxeys

Maxeys

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:19 PM

I have been a part of this for several years. The feeling it gives to be a part of this. To watch these families and the children. To know you are helping make the holiday alittle brighter. These feelings are the best.

For some this is the only time they see their siblings. I couldn't imagine.

These families (Foster Parents & their children) give all year to these children. They share it all with them. They are truely unique people.

So please if you can give alittle or alot please do so. Monetary, food, toys, gifts, paper products anything can be used.

Call or e-mail Mittie.

Edited by Maxeys, 17 November 2004 - 09:20 PM.

#16 james_mills

james_mills

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Maxeys @ Nov 17 2004, 10:19 PM)
I have been a part of this for several years.  The feeling it gives to be a part of this.  To watch these families and the children.  To know you are helping make the holiday alittle brighter.  These feelings are the best.

For some this is the only time they see their siblings.  I couldn't imagine.

These families (Foster Parents & their children) give all year to these children.  They share it all with them.  They are truely unique people. 

So please if you can give alittle or alot please do so.  Monetary, food, toys, gifts, paper products anything can be used. 

Call or e-mail Mittie.

bumping it to the top...
James M. Mills, Jr.
jmmills2@bellsouth.net

4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6:4-7 (New International Version)

#17 Maxeys

Maxeys

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:24 PM

Thanks James.

#18 Maxeys

Maxeys

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:17 AM

We are still looking for Volunteers and Donations.

This is a great start for the Holiday Season.

#19 james_mills

james_mills

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (Maxeys @ Nov 18 2004, 12:17 PM)
We are still looking for Volunteers and Donations.

This is a great start for the Holiday Season.

I'll see if I can get some of the photos that I took last year during the setup for the party to post. I think Pubby will give us some front page exposure for this worthy cause.
James M. Mills, Jr.
jmmills2@bellsouth.net

#20 Maxeys

Maxeys

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (james_mills @ Nov 18 2004, 11:53 AM)
I'll see if I can get some of the photos that I took last year during the setup for the party to post.  I think Pubby will give us some front page exposure for this worthy cause.

That would be great if Pubby could do that. It is a worthy cause.
Thank you.

#21 m.mitchell

m.mitchell

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Maxeys @ Nov 19 2004, 08:44 AM)
That would be great if Pubby could do that.  It is a worthy cause.
Thank you.

Come join the fun . It is a very rewarding experience!

#22 james_mills

james_mills

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 08:22 PM

I couldn't find my photos, they must be on another computer, possibly my work laptop. I'll try again on Monday.
James M. Mills, Jr.
jmmills2@bellsouth.net

#23 james_mills

james_mills

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 01:52 AM

I found the pictures but now I am getting this error when I try to add them to this post. huh.gif The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error.
James M. Mills, Jr.
jmmills2@bellsouth.net

#24 m.mitchell

m.mitchell

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (james_mills @ Nov 21 2004, 01:52 AM)
I found the pictures but now I am getting this error when I try to add them to this post. huh.gif

The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error.

Come jpin a worthy cause.

#25 Coach Mark

Coach Mark

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:31 AM

With the start of the Holiday Season now getting into full swing it seems like a good time to remind all that we, the Members of the County Line Ruritan Club, Paulding Ruritan Club and the Hiram Hornets Youth Association do a lot more than just sponsor Youth Sports Activities. When the sports season winds down, we keep going, kind of like that “Energizer Bunny”. And to this, I would like to point out our 8th Annual Foster Kids Christmas Party is just 3 weeks away.

Over the last eight years we have helped many less fortunate, to have a Merry Christmas, and now we are at it again. We are looking for a little help, you see as the County has grown so have the number of Kids. We are in need of several different things from gifts, to trucks in order to move items, to Santa Helpers to wrap gifts, to people who will help set up tables & chairs, to people who will help take down the tables & chairs, some to help clean up after the party, some who will serve the meal, some to donate food for the meal and yes money to help make sure we take care of all the Kids.

The Party this year is set for Friday December 10th 7 p.m. at the 1st United Methodist Church in Dallas. Mittie Mitchell is our Coordinator and if you would like to volunteer some time please contact her at 678-641-6385 or by email at mitc808@bellsouth.net.

County Line Ruritan Club
55 Hickory Trail
Dallas, GA 30132

Mittie Mitchell
450 Turnberry Drive
Hiram, Ga. 30141
678-641-6385
mitc808@bellsouth.net

Thanks for helping us help the Kids,

Coach Mark

#26 m.mitchell

m.mitchell

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Coach Mark @ Nov 23 2004, 09:31 AM)
With the start of the Holiday Season now getting into full swing it seems like a good time to remind all that we, the Members of the County Line Ruritan Club, Paulding Ruritan Club and the Hiram Hornets Youth Association do a lot more than just sponsor Youth Sports Activities. When the sports season winds down, we keep going, kind of like that “Energizer Bunny”. And to this, I would like to point out our 8th Annual Foster Kids Christmas Party is just 3 weeks away.

Over the last eight years we have helped many less fortunate, to have a Merry Christmas, and now we are at it again. We are looking for a little help, you see as the County has grown so have the number of Kids. We are in need of several different things from gifts, to trucks in order to move items, to Santa Helpers to wrap gifts, to people who will help set up tables & chairs, to people who will help take down the tables & chairs, some to help clean up after the party, some who will serve the meal, some to donate food for the meal and yes money to help make sure we take care of all the Kids.

The Party this year is set for Friday December 10th 7 p.m. at the 1st United Methodist Church in Dallas. Mittie Mitchell is our Coordinator and if you would like to volunteer some time please contact her at 678-641-6385 or by email at mitc808@bellsouth.net.

County Line Ruritan Club
55 Hickory Trail
Dallas, GA 30132

Mittie Mitchell
450 Turnberry Drive
Hiram, Ga. 30141
678-641-6385
mitc808@bellsouth.net

Thanks for helping us help the Kids,

Coach Mark

There is nothing sweeter than the twinkle in their eye and the smile on their face. It is a real inspiration!

#27 cherokeewoman

cherokeewoman

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 02:22 AM

It is great to think of the senoirs at Christmas, I have provided a great couple, with Christmas Eve dinner for years. It gives me such a good feeling to know that it puts a smile on their face.

#28 m.mitchell

m.mitchell

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (james_mills @ Nov 13 2004, 07:30 AM)
Its time to start the preparations for the eighth annual Paulding County Foster Children’s Annual Christmas Party and the second annual Christmas party for the Paulding County Senior Citizen’s Program. Individuals, groups, and corporate sponsors are welcome to join in the fun and start the holiday season by making sure there is a sparkle in each child’s eye (young and old), a place for them on Santa’s knee, and the hope that wishes really do come true.

I became involved in this project five years ago and each year brings more rewards. As our county grows so does the number of children in the foster care system. In the last two years the number of foster families has grown from 30 to 45. How sad we need this many but, how wonderful that we have those who are willing to take children in their homes and love and care for them. The foster children’s party provides a bonding time for foster parents and children. It gives the children an opportunity to realize they are not out there alone and an avenue to build support systems. It is a wonderful time of goodwill through fellowship. It is a joy to join this inspiration!

Each year individuals, local businesses and other civic organizations help sponsor this joint community event. Last year the sponsors included: County Line Ruritan Club; Hiram Hornets Youth Association; J.M.C. Development and Home Place Communities; The Ragsdale Inn; Carmel Catering; March Of Dimes; D.J. Brown Sugar; Turner, Woodall and Associates- Attorneys –At-Law; Paulding County Civitans and Jr. Civitans; Unlimited Rentals; Hardy Chevrolet; K-Mart; Kroger; Publix; Phi-Beta Lamba at Chattahoochee Tech; Chick-Fil-A; Cato’s; Ryan’s; Valinda’s Cozy Kitchen; Ms. Paulding County; Miss Paulding County; Southern Exposures; Coldwell Banker Realty; Reeve’s Floral; several individual community members; and Showers of Flowers. If you would like to join this list of wonderful volunteers please contact Mittie Mitchell at 678-641-6385 or e-mail: mitc808@bellsouth.net. Please send all monetary donations by November 21, 2004.

Donations needed for the foster party:
Gift sponsors / Entertainment / Prepared Food / Sponsors / Volunteers

Donations for the Sr.Citizens:
Sweaters / Bingo Prizes / Desserts / Food Gift Certificates  / Sugar Free Candy / Christmas Corsages

Through Fellowship, Goodwill, and Community Service we  make Paulding County a better place in which to live! 

Project Coordinator,
Mittie Mitchell

Christmas is in the Air! What a refeshing felling. Come join the fun!

#29 cherokeewoman

cherokeewoman

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 03:26 AM

Is there anywhere in the county that you can drop off some gifts for the foster children, without having to mail them?

#30 m.mitchell

m.mitchell

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (cherokeewoman @ Nov 29 2004, 03:26 AM)
Is there anywhere in the county that you can drop off some gifts for the foster children, without having to mail them?

I am glad to meet you. Just give me a call at 678-641-6385.

#31 m.mitchell

m.mitchell

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (m.mitchell @ Nov 29 2004, 05:36 PM)

the Senior Citizen Program is located across from the detention center and runs from 9am-2pm. YOu can drop off bingo prizes there.

#32 m.mitchell

m.mitchell

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (m.mitchell @ Nov 29 2004, 05:36 PM)

Christmas time is a time for sharing. Would you like to sponsor a child or the seniors? Call 678-641-6385.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics