Paulding.com

Stacy Denise Thrasher age 35 of Douglasville, passed away on Friday, February 15, 2008. She was born January 16, 1973 in Cobb County, Ga.; daughter of John D. and Brenda N. Parks Shook. Mrs. Thrasher was preceded in death by a brother, John Daniel Shook. She was a loving mother, a fantastic gospel singer and a member of North Paulding Worship Center.

Survived by her husband of 18 years, Charles B. “Chuck” Thrasher of Douglasville;

parents, John D. and Brenda N. Shook of Lithia Springs; son, Charles Bradley Thrasher of Douglasville; daughters, Ashley Nicole Thrasher and Alisha Ann Thrasher, both of Douglasville; brother, James K. Shook and his wife, Wendee A. of Dallas; sister, Kendra Holcomb and her husband, Joe of Hiram; grandparents, Ruth Shook of Marietta and Wayne and Nellie Parks of Ellijay.; several nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held Monday, February 18, 2008 at 11:00am from Clark Funeral Home with Rev. Charles B. "Chuck" Thrasher ,Rev. Joe Holcomb and Rev. John Shook officiating. Interment will follow in Mozley Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends at Clark Funeral Home on Sunday, February 17, 2008 from 4-8pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, Ga. is in charge of arrangements.

www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

Stacy you will be missed greatly. Your husband loves you more than life itself. I wish I could have known you much much longer, but I will always remember you. Your family was blessed to have you as a mother and wife. I was blessed to have you as a friend, if only for a short while.

Rest in peace, and sing a new song. Your at home now and we will see you again.

Matt

The world lost one of the most precious people I ever had the pleasure of having for a best friend for the last 12 years on Friday. She will be greatly missed and a piece of my heart goes with her. There will never be another on this earth who can fill the void that is left in my life and the life of my family.

Please continue to lift this family in your prayers. Only the grace and strength from God is going to get them and us through this. She leaves behind a husband who cherished her for more than 20 years and 3 teenaged children that are hurting and wanting their Momma right now. Pray that we can be strong for them and help them get through not only the next days, but the many months and years to come.

Matt, thank you for your words of comfort.

Thanks to everyone who has expressed their sympathy and the continued prayers.