11 replies to this topic

#1 tripletmom2000

tripletmom2000

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:57 PM

I live on the very busy Buchanan Hwy and my trio will be going to Union Elem this year in the 2nd grade. They have never rode a school bus and I am concerned about them riding this year or not. How do I find out, if the bus would pick them up on the other side of the street or not? Also, coming away from the school, our driveway is right over the top of a hill, which would be very dangerous for a bus to stop, in my opinion. We havent registered them yet, and I know open house is very crazy, so not sure, I would be able to talk to bus driver or not.
TIA

Kris

#2 leslie71

leslie71

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,219 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

call the bus barn - or you could drive your kids to school

#3 DreamGirl

DreamGirl

Live. Hope. Dream.

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:05 PM

good luck!

#4 spartanclarinet2010

spartanclarinet2010

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:17 PM

yea, call the bus barn.
[font=Lucida Console][size=5][color=#CC0000] spartanclarinet2010

#5 spaz

spaz

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (DreamGirl @ Jul 16 2007, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.paulding..../bus_routes.htm

This feature is under construction. Once this feature is active, you will be able to type in your street address and find all information for bus numbers and schedules for your address.

We are working to have this feature up and running soon.
Paulding County School District
Transportation Department
522 Hardee Street
Dallas, GA 30132

Phone: 770-443-8035
Fax: 770-443-8037

This is the feature that I asked about earlier this month.We were told it would be available Dec.2006. Get to know your child's bus driver.I know mine and the kids like her.

#6 Becky Owner/SATBT

Becky Owner/SATBT

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:38 PM

The routes have already been given out to the drivers. Call the bus shop and ask for Terri (she handles the routing). She will be able to tell you where your pick up would be. If possible stops are set where children don't have to cross the road.
seeingangelstwobytwo.com
A Virtual Staffing Company

#7 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,477 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:37 PM

It may take a couple of weeks to get the routes situated.... so be patient...
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#8 ambrooks2

ambrooks2

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:00 PM

Hope everything turns out alright for you.

#9 mrsjones

mrsjones

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:30 PM

the kids on the buses are a lot calmer in the morning than the afternoon. if you are worried for your kids, maybe get them accustomed to mornings first amd then work them up to afternoons.

only a personal opinion tho.

thank you.

me smile.gif
George Hughes

#10 GO*BAMA

GO*BAMA

In War, Everday is Memorial Day! SEMPER FI!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:07 PM

The lead bus driver for your district will be at open house and you will get a chance to talk to that driver, it may not be your driver, but the one that is there will know everything about all the routes. If you have a concern after the first couple of weeks then get in touch with your bus driver or call the bus shop. Please be patient the first couple of weeks of school because that gives us a chance to work out all the kinks for the kids safety and time.
What we see when watching others depends on the purity of the window through which we look.
Sometimes love has to drive a nail into it's on hand!

Posted Image Posted Image In honor of my cuz who's serving in Iraq! [size=1][color="#4169E1"]

#11 spaz

spaz

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

Just another suggestion-If you want them to ride the bus start it the first day.

#12 Jetasmom

Jetasmom

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (tripletmom2000 @ Jul 16 2007, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I live on the very busy Buchanan Hwy and my trio will be going to Union Elem this year in the 2nd grade. They have never rode a school bus and I am concerned about them riding this year or not. How do I find out, if the bus would pick them up on the other side of the street or not? Also, coming away from the school, our driveway is right over the top of a hill, which would be very dangerous for a bus to stop, in my opinion. We havent registered them yet, and I know open house is very crazy, so not sure, I would be able to talk to bus driver or not.
TIA

Kris

I always made friends with my driver right off the bat. We live on a busy, busy road and the driver and I worked it out so they could be picked up on my side of the road. It was earlier than usual, but to me, it was worth it.

We also started the 2nd day. Always have and always will. I have stood out there and jumped up and down for them to see us though. We must have looked crazy but it worked. I love my bus drivers!
Formally Jetsmom - edited to finally include the final baby's initial. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics