Paulding.com

Anyone hear on the scanner about a body being found on the train tracks

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard them mention the railroad at one time last night. And then they were taliking about the city of Dallas. The dispatcher was asking if she needed to call the railroad to divert any traffic and the officer said no--they were finished. This was all about the time the accident was on Baker Bridge. They had several pretty bad things going on last night. I think they had life flight out here at least 3 times.

The boy was found around 4:00 am on Sunday morning. He had been beaten within inches of his life. All blows were to the head and face. Life Flight took him to Grady hospital, where he underwent immediate emergency surgery, to relieve pressure and blood from the brain. Supposedly what had happened according to witnesses, " A girl he had dated before, called him and told him she was going to pick him up, so he met her, and got in the van with her. She then eighther took him to where these other boys were, or they were in the van, the witnesses said they could not see into the van. they evidently took him up onto the train trussel, near the dowtown area of dallas, and beat his face in." They were obviously trying to kill him, they left him on the train tracks to die.

They have tubes draining from his head, and he is on a ventelator,the doctors say it is touch and go, and that the next 48 hours will tell if he survives. They feel he may have brain damage, but will not know until they can wake him without him frailing around, as though he remembers what was happening, and is still fighting for his life. This boy is 19 years old, and has 2 brothers, and a sister. His mother has been at the hospital, ever since she recieved the call on Sunday morning. His father passed away 2 years ago from muscular dystrophy, and things have been very hard already for this family, and now to have to go through this is just tragic! I pray for this family, and for the boy. If he pulls through this, they say he will need alot of facial reconstructive surgery. His entire face was crushed into his brain, they removed several bone fragments from his brain, hoping to relive pressure. He does not look like the boy I know.

Whoever did this, has no respect for human life, as well as no respect for themselves. This, in my opinion is premeditated attemptive murder at this point, but if this boy dies, it is murder, and they will be in prison, if they catch these boys. The boy did manage to give 1 name to the life flight men, before he passed out. No telling how long he had been laying there.

This is tragic, and i can't believe this kind of thing could happen so close to home. I pray that if anyone saw these boys carry him up to those tracks (being there are homes all over that area), that they will report this, so that these boys who did this cannot do this again to anyone. Supposidly this was all about a girl, and she was part of it, she set him up. These boys deserve the highest punishment allowed, if they will do this, what is next?

Like I said, If anyone knows anything about this, PLEASE go to the police, and tell what you know!

Please PRAY for this boy and his family!

I am absolutely mortified.

Prayers for the victim and his family. So horrifying he was there with no one to take up for him, beaten to an inch of his life, and left like that. Prayer, prayer, prayer.

Please let's keep this thread up, and any information about this situation posted straight away.

Edited by Laurel Bay

Believe it or not, a similar thing happened to my cousin several years ago, although I am unsure why he was beaten up. All I know is that he was beaten and left on train tracks to die. He actually was hit by a train, but survived. He too was in Grady. I don't know how much brain damage it did, but I know that he functions in regular day to day life. I hope this boy survives...and I agree, the girl seems to have been an accomplice to whatever charges there are.

The boy was found around 4:00 am on Sunday morning. He had been beaten within inches of his life. All blows were to the head and face. Life Flight took him to Grady hospital, where he underwent immediate emergency surgery, to relieve pressure and blood from the brain. Supposedly what had happened according to witnesses, " A girl he had dated before, called him and told him she was going to pick him up, so he met her, and got in the van with her. She then eighther took him to where these other boys were, or they were in the van, the witnesses said they could not see into the van. they evidently took him up onto the train trussel, near the dowtown area of dallas, and beat his face in." They were obviously trying to kill him, they left him on the train tracks to die.

They have tubes draining from his head, and he is on a ventelator,the doctors say it is touch and go, and that the next 48 hours will tell if he survives. They feel he may have brain damage, but will not know until they can wake him without him frailing around, as though he remembers what was happening, and is still fighting for his life. This boy is 19 years old, and has 2 brothers, and a sister. His mother has been at the hospital, ever since she recieved the call on Sunday morning. His father passed away 2 years ago from muscular dystrophy, and things have been very hard already for this family, and now to have to go through this is just tragic! I pray for this family, and for the boy. If he pulls through this, they say he will need alot of facial reconstructive surgery. His entire face was crushed into his brain, they removed several bone fragments from his brain, hoping to relive pressure. He does not look like the boy I know.

Whoever did this, has no respect for human life, as well as no respect for themselves. This, in my opinion is premeditated attemptive murder at this point, but if this boy dies, it is murder, and they will be in prison, if they catch these boys. The boy did manage to give 1 name to the life flight men, before he passed out. No telling how long he had been laying there.

This is tragic, and i can't believe this kind of thing could happen so close to home. I pray that if anyone saw these boys carry him up to those tracks (being there are homes all over that area), that they will report this, so that these boys who did this cannot do this again to anyone. Supposidly this was all about a girl, and she was part of it, she set him up. These boys deserve the highest punishment allowed, if they will do this, what is next?

Like I said, If anyone knows anything about this, PLEASE go to the police, and tell what you know!

I talked to his mom this morning and their is no change in his condition, she said the doctors are wanting more than just him squeezing their finger they are wanting like a thumbs up from him, to see if there is any brain damage. but your right this family has had a hard road the past couple of years and really need everyones prayers..

I talked to his mom this morning and their is no change in his condition, she said the doctors are wanting more than just him squeezing their finger they are wanting like a thumbs up from him, to see if there is any brain damage. but your right this family has had a hard road the past couple of years and really need everyones prayers..

Prayers being said here.

Is there anything that the family really needs? I mean, obviously prayers...but anything else tangible? Also, if they do not have a minister and would like to see one, please PM me since I do work for a church in the Atlanta area.

Is there anything that the family really needs? I mean, obviously prayers...but anything else tangible? Also, if they do not have a minister and would like to see one, please PM me since I do work for a church in the Atlanta area.

me too.. if they need some quick and easy meals to have taken care of let me know. I'd be willing to help where I can.

b.

me too.. if they need some quick and easy meals to have taken care of let me know. I'd be willing to help where I can.

b.

Same here.

I know they will be at the hospital a lot in the next coming weeks. I'd be willing to gather snack foods and such.

:(

b.

I'm calling his mom now to see, I'm sure a good meal would be appreciated. the only thing is I wouldn't know where to take it.

That's a good idea, I would have never thought of that.. I'm waiting on her to call me back. and I will let you know something..

Let us know. I'd be happy to go pick up a card or two. I couldn't imagine having to worry about food at a time like this. :(

Guest Oscar

I am absolutely stunned. My thoughts are with this family. I hope any highschoolers who are on pcom are keeping their ears clean & reporting something they may hear to the police. This is just dreadful.

This is just so sad. I can't believe how mean people are. Prayers said.

I could collect the money and buy cards for places in the area, or I could find out what is near Grady (as our clergy go there regularly) and post it so that y'all can buy them at your leisure. I can either take them or have them taken to the family at Grady (as I am only about 3 miles away) is Weesa can let me know who they are.

It would be best right now for us not to release the name of the boy, because as of yet, they do not have the others in custody. The mother doas not want the identity of her son known for many reasons. If those who did this are out there, they could do more damage to the boys family.

They would like to keep his name out of all media, until the young men who did this are caught, and the brothers and sister are safe, and whoever might have seen anything. If someone saw anything, they know who they are, and they need to report it quickly, so they can be arrested!!!! This family will feel much safer, when they are in custody! This is a scary thing, and I would not want anything more to happen, as, if these young men will do this, what more will they do. I actually don't like calling them young men, because it takes a real coward to jump someone who has no way of deffending themselves 3 to 1!!!!!!!

I know that someone else knows this family here at pcom, and your concern is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou to everyone for your prayers, and support.

I heard bits and pieces of this over the scanner. It was well before 4:00 AM, as I was in bed well before then.

Another idea for this family would be money for parking. This can get really costly, especially if people are going in different cars. Even if you buy a weekly pass, by the time you add up gas and everything to go to Grady---it will get expensive. I know when my dad was in the hosptital---by the time everybody in the family was there several times a day---the hospital made several hundred dollars off of us!!!