Paulding.com

My attachments

OK, now I see edit in a reg post.  the mistake I made was posting under "My attachments"  & I cannot delete it or edit it there.  I didn't realize everything I have ever posted thru the years is still there. using space. 

HELP

i use to be able to help with issues like this lol but not anymore sorry:(      i replied then i seen the edit...   JSC   can you delete some of your old attach? and by the way i am seeing *not secure* in big red letters. 

Edited by Lady Raider

I recently increased the size of the member's storage allocation although if in the last couple of years you went from a premium to a regular membership (I've not looked it up), the difference would be great (and smaller) with the regular membership.

LR: The not secure is something that has happened on the web in recent years.  This is something the new management will have to address as it will require getting and paying for a "recognized' security platform.

To explain it, if you look in the browser address bar, you'll see Pcom still uses "http://"  A year or so ago, largely because all these other folks are tied into facebook, google, etc. (we're not really) and those folks are wanting to make it possible for you to click, not on an ad but to go directly t o your wallet and take your money, they've moved toward a broad standard that requires encryption.  This is primarily to make the data they suck up from you 'proprietary' which they can do when it is encrypted so they want all data to be encrypted which means they require the use of "https://" - the "s" meaning there is data encryption.

When I was running the site, I considered the https:// thing an expense that was not necessary as we really don't collect data.  Anything dealing with a transaction went through paypal and while we did collect and use your email address for identity (and encrypt passwords) and the site still records your IP address ... those two data bits, while important, are not direct paths to your bank account. 

I also know that once folks register, they've been known to change their email or create a special on-off email for use on social media.

Of course being 'not secure' sounds bad but let me assure you that considering all the data those multi-national near monopolies like Facebook, google and amazon collect, it is a lie and a joke to call them 'secure' ... Seriously.

3 hours ago, Lady Raider said:

i use to be able to help with issues like this lol but not anymore sorry:(      i replied then i seen the edit...   JSC   can you delete some of your old attach? and by the way i am seeing *not secure* in big red letters. 

Where are the NOT secure in red letters? & what does that mean?   I tried deleting attachments , but I don't see the option.