Paulding.com

Willard and Ezma Johnson

I hope all of you will keep me and my family in your prayers. My Granny, who has battled Alzheimers for 14 years died last night at the age of 87. My Papa died 3 hours later at age 90. He had been sick for a couple of weeks and I believe he just wanted to be where my Granny would know him again. They had been married 73 years and they were people who were loved, and loved everyone.

I truly believe my Granny was simply waiting on Papa to cross the river.

To be married that long is amazing. I heard of so many that pass on not too many hours or days apart. But 3 hours is the closest. Anyway I know its hard to let go but they are at peace and not struggling anymore. Will say a pray for them and you.

I'm sorry for your loss.

The story of the love these two have shared is something to treasure. Love endures. These two were meant to be forever loves. They are now in heaven together. No pains, no sorrows, nothing but love.

No but thank you.. We will be by either tomorrow or Tuesday for the grass.

Ceremony today was very nice. They had tem by each other and the service was super.. Thanks to all for prayers.

Is there anything I can do to help. I am not working next week and the rest fo this week but I will let them know at school and we will pray for all of you.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be praying for your family. It never matters how long or how little you have them, it is never easy to let them go. I know that they are together in Heaven where there are no tears, no sickness, no sadness,and no more death. It is a wonderful storyand I thank you for sharing it with all.

Your in my prayers, Sandy Howell

You should see the movie The notebook. It reminds me of your grandparents..

Wow, that's amazing that they died within hours of one another. Some say you can die of a broken heart. My husband's grandparents died within weeks of one another. His grandfather had been suffering w/cancer for a good while but his grandmother was in pretty good health. She just couldn't live without him.

NewHope, I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss.

Your family has been blessed with 73 years & I'm sure sooooo many found memory's to cheerish.

God Bless you all.

edit, to add,

reminds me of the end of the movie, the Notebook :)

• 1 year later...

Wow, I am just now reading this. I lost both sets of my grandparents several years ago. On both sides of the family the spouse died within a year of the other. I always believed that they just didn't want to be apart, and I am sure that is the same with yours. I am sure they are watching over you. I am sorry for your loss.

I hope all of you will keep me and my family in your prayers. My Granny, who has battled Alzheimers for 14 years died last night at the age of 87. My Papa died 3 hours later at age 90. He had been sick for a couple of weeks and I believe he just wanted to be where my Granny would know him again. They had been married 73 years and they were people who were loved, and loved everyone.

Oh my gosh so beautiful but so sad. I am so sorry. You have my prayers. Wow.. I feel inspired..

Sorry for your loss.

73 years is such a blessing for you and your family, many loving memories.

Almost sounds like the movie, The Notebook :)

peace, be with you.

One set of my Grandparents passes 3 months from the other;

the other couple, 3 years between them.

(For some reason I am just now seeing this.)

New Hope, bless you and your family. What sweethearts your family must have cherished and looked up to.

I am very touched by their story.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family udring this time. (hugs)

they are holding hands again..... i am so sorry for your loss and the feelings of the rest of the family, but i don't think that yur granny and papa are feeling sorry for themselves. they are okay with each other. :rolleyes:

Bless You NEWHOPE........

I lost My First Grandparent (My Papa) last February. Him and MY Nanny had been Married for 53 or So Years and They were in as much Love as they were the Day They Met.!!!! You could just see them together and see so Much Love between them.:) My Papa Loved My Nanny SOOOOO MUCH and My Nanny Loved my Papa SOOO MUCH as well. I truly Believe They were Soulmates. My Papa was 77 when He Died and My Nanny is 72. My Nanny is having such a Hard time living without Him now....I feel soo Bad for Her Cause i cant do anything for Her.:( And I know that My Papa even though He is in Heaven is Missing Her too. :( But i know that they will be togther again One Day and They will Just Hug each other and just be soo Happy to be together again. :)

I Know what Your going thru NEWHOPE....It is really Hard to Loose a Grandparent.!!!!! Just know that They are Looking down on You and Your Family and sending Their Love down to Ya'll......Love Sent From Heaven...:) If You want to Talk about anything I'm here. :)

I give u my condolences but that story is an inspiration to all of us. I just lost my grandmother after battling breast cancer that moved to her liver. Grandparents had been 2gether 57 years. I will keep your family in my prayers and I ask if u would do the same. My grandfather is not doing well, he had back surgery 1 year before the breast cancer came. Just remember them always and i will always look up to their love and devotion.

I am saying prayers for your family because I know ya'll are missing them. Our loss is heaven's gain.

I am so sorry for your loss.