Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
rockysmom

Now that’s a surprise

Like the reruns, never tuned into the new shows. She has really gone more over the edge over the many years since the originals aired (and she never really ventured into any politics in the series until the very end).

Not surprised.

Like the reruns, never tuned into the new shows. She has really gone more over the edge over the many years since the originals aired (and she never really ventured into any politics in the series until the very end).

Not surprised.

I watched a few of the new shows. Most of Roseanne’s acting made me cringe but I admit, I was cheering for the reboot’s success until it started to tip into the twilight zone of politics.

I watched a few of the new shows. Most of Roseanne’s acting made me cringe but I admit, I was cheering for the reboot’s success until it started to tip into the twilight zone of politics.

The new show never really mentioned politics much at all...

8)

• Like 1

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/29/media/roseanne-twitter-chelsea-clinton/index.html

Im surprised because everything Ive read is saying what a money maker this show is and yet ABC canceled this show based on a racist remark.

Guess Roseannes big mouth, once again, is her own worst enemy.

It is not the money. I am a free speech advocate and frankly, didn't know the Valerie Jarrett was black (or if I did, it didn't make it out of my subconscious so didn't really 'get' Roseanne's comment. Hell, In my literalism, I side with the 'apes' in the latest round of planet to the apes movies ... or at least Caesar. It is those like the Woody Haralson character I have problems with.

Second, I really, really, think we need to have a comedy show that reaches trumpian types because such shows are going to be critical in keeping the nation together when the final story comes out on how corrupt Trump is. I have confidence that folks like Roseanne will be needed to say " I backed you but don, but you really need to go away...NOW!"

That said, as the number one network sitcom, I wonder if Fox will pick it up ... (although I suspect the folks where were walking from the show probably wouldn't stick around as they would likely feel like whores if all they did it for was the money.

pubby

Remember when ABC cancelled Jimmy Kimmel and Joy Behar ? ? ?

Yeah, me neither.

8)

It's called not tolerating racism.

Last time I checked The View was a talk show. Roseanne was billed as a comedy.

Reality vs a situation comedy.......not sure that the two should be compared to each other.

• Like 2

I think it also has to do with fellow cast members being appalled.

I agree. In what reality did she think she would get away with this?

I've never cared for Barr; always thought she was nasty and foul mouthed. And though I haven't found the actual tweet, it sounds like it was over the line.

But yes, there's a double standard. It shouldn't matter whether the show is a comedy or a talk show,

• Like 1

It's called not tolerating racism.

True, and we shouldn't tolerate racism. But we seem to tolerate a lot of other things that are just as bad.

Remember when ABC cancelled Jimmy Kimmel and Joy Behar ? ? ?

Yeah, me neither.

8)

A huge part of it comes down to revenue. I work full time, so I'm not home to watch The View or stay up late enough to watch Jimmy Kimmel. Her show was on during prime time (didn't catch this reboot, really liked the first couple of seasons of the original) If prime advertisers start losing support and her name becomes toxic, well, there you go.

She screwed up, period, and that's a shame for all the other actors, techs, workers that are involved have now lost that job.

• Like 2

Double standard

NFL players are being vilified for taking a knee for a cause, i.e. police brutality against a certain group, and they're disrespecting the flag, our soldiers, and maybe they shouldn't be in the country (Trump's words, not mine)

Some people want to defend Rosanne. Google her rendition/butchering of the National Anthem. She ends it by grabbing her lower part and spitting on the pitcher's mound.

What a Patriot!

Double standard

NFL players are being vilified for taking a knee for a cause, i.e. police brutality against a certain group, and they're disrespecting the flag, our soldiers, and maybe they shouldn't be in the country (Trump's words, not mine)

Some people want to defend Rosanne. Google her rendition/butchering of the National Anthem. She ends it by grabbing her lower part and spitting on the pitcher's mound.

What a Patriot!

I never cared for her and the National Anthem debacle sealed it for me. I'm certainly not defending her.

Just saying that some other celebrities have said as bad or worse and gotten a pass on it because they are liberals.

Should this comedian get the kind of punishment Roseanne did?

33964520_1861266130607313_34781860638752

• Like 1

Double standard

What a Patriot!

LOL. Her nasally voice gets on my last nerve. I can’t defend her because this is like her third train wreck isn’t it? At what point does she smarten up and keep her mouth shut?

BTW, ABC lost a ton of money with this decision. That’s why I was surprised they did this in the first place.

If you think about it through, what choice did they have? Her words were so inflammatory I don’t think there’s any coming out of this statement.

I never cared for her and the National Anthem debacle sealed it for me. I'm certainly not defending her.

Just saying that some other celebrities have said as bad or worse and gotten a pass on it because they are liberals.

Please, everyone, just stop with all of this. Believe it or not there are still people who just want what is right and fair and sick of all this crap. If someone has a different opinion, so be it.

Please, everyone, just stop with all of this. Believe it or not there are still people who just want what is right and fair and sick of all this crap. If someone has a different opinion, so be it.

Well OK. But I betcha Wanda Sykes will continue to work. So much for fair.

• Like 1

Well OK. But I betcha Wanda Sykes will continue to work. So much for fair.

Have a good night. My dogs need water, food, and I shall escape to British shows after I tend to my dogs. Don't even ask me about my cat LOL.

Night.

• Like 1

Apparently even at the young age of 9 George Soros was already manipulating the world.

Donald Trump Jr. retweets Roseanne Barr's discredited George Soros claims

Right-wing conspiracy theories portraying Soros — who is Jewish and was 9 years old when World War II began — as a Nazi collaborator have become internet staples. Propagated by the likes of former Fox News host Glenn Beck, actor James Wood, and conservative commentators Ann Coulter, Dinesh D’Souza and Mike Cernovich, that belief has become an article of faith in some Republican quarters.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-jr-retweets-roseanne-barrs-discredited-george-soros-claims-201243372.html

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 1

Should this comedian get the kind of punishment Roseanne did?

33964520_1861266130607313_34781860638752

She told the truth.

• Like 1

Did anyone see the show a couple of weeks ago where she

befriended her neighbors in order to to help her granddaughter ? ? ?

8)

Did anyone see the show a couple of weeks ago where she

befriended her neighbors in order to to help her granddaughter ? ? ?

8)

What she does on the show is created by writers and producers, what she does on her free time is ,according to her, created by Ambien.

What she does on the show is created by writers and producers, what she does on her free time is ,according to her, created by Ambien.

A show that none of those celebrating this witch hunt never even watched...

A show that none of those celebrating this witch hunt never even watched...

Celebrating this witch hunt? Witch hunt? Roseanne Barr has no one but herself to blame for this mess. Stop trying to twist and turn this into her being some kind of victim. If there are any victims it’s all the people that lost their jobs because of her not being able to control herself.

• Like 3

She has a history of saying and doing stupid things.

I hate that the show is now ending. I liked it. I thought it was a good reboot. I was truly enjoying it and I'm sorry for all the folks that are now out of work.

Roseanne is not stupid. She had to know there'd be backlash for the idiotic comment she made.

• Like 1

....Insert body parable here

Spider: " You knew what I was when you put me on your back."

And scene. That's a wrap people.

That's kinda racist.

No, it isn't. White, European nations stole or occupied land and countries that belonged to people of color, there's a long history of this. Considering her wife is white, I don't think she hates white people. If you want to compare this to Rosanne calling or implying that a multi-racial/black person is an ape, which is inherently racist, you're welcome to do so. but I think your dead wrong.

• Like 1

No, it isn't. White, European nations stole or occupied land and countries that belonged to people of color, there's a long history of this. Considering her wife is white, I don't think she hates white people. If you want to compare this to Rosanne calling or implying that a multi-racial/black person is an ape, which is inherently racist, you're welcome to do so. but I think your dead wrong.

I've never stole a country.

Have you?

I wasn't comparing this directly to Roseanne's statement, just pointing out that it's also wrong and she will likely get a pass for it.

Have you?

I wasn't comparing this directly to Roseanne's statement, just pointing out that it's also wrong and she will likely get a pass for it.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Have you?

You live in a stolen country. Did imperialism and colonialism never happen in the Americas, Middle East, Africa and Asia? Did slavery and genocide never happen? Revising history much?

• Like 1

You live in a stolen country. Did imperialism and colonialism never happen in the Americas, Middle East, Africa and Asia? Did slavery and genocide never happen? Revising history much?

Trapped in a prison of the past.

Ignorant of history.

Sad.

8)

• Like 1