Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
chindog

Need an Orthopedic Surgeon

I need to find a recommendation for a good orthopedic surgeon for follow up from an injury I suffered a couple of months ago. I shattered my leg in a bicycle wreck while we were on vacation in Tucson, AZ, and had surgery to put a titanium rod down the center of my tibia from the knee to the ankle. I left Tucson as soon as I was able to drive, and just got back home. Now I need to follow up with an orthopedist for treatment for other injuries with the tendons and muscles in that leg.

Can anyone recommend someone around the Dallas hospital area or Villa Rica hospital area?

Thanks!

I have never used any of tehse but these doctors are at tanner in villarica..

http://www.tanner.org/find-a-doctor/find-a-doctor?type=1

here is paulding wellstar: we have Dr. Duffiled and staff...

http://www.wellstar.org/physicians/pages/physician-finder.aspx

Our family uses Dr. McGuire and his staff at Pinnacle Ortho at Well Star Paulding. He has worked on my wife daughter and sister. He is great.

• Like 3

Our family uses Dr. McGuire and his staff at Pinnacle Ortho at Well Star Paulding. He has worked on my wife daughter and sister. He is great.

Thanks JYD. Pinnacle is in our network, so will see if I can get in to see him.

Thanks JYD. Pinnacle is in our network, so will see if I can get in to see him.

My mom used Pinnacle (Austell location) with good results (ankle and knee).

• Like 1

Dr. McGuire is now with Ortho Atlanta, which bought the Pinnacle offices, including the location in the Wellstar Outpatient location and we are quite satisfied with him.

What makes it more confusing is that Pinnacle just opened a office in the building next door to the one that Ortho Atlanta is in.

• Like 2

I need to find a recommendation for a good orthopedic surgeon for follow up from an injury I suffered a couple of months ago. I shattered my leg in a bicycle wreck while we were on vacation in Tucson, AZ, and had surgery to put a titanium rod down the center of my tibia from the knee to the ankle. I left Tucson as soon as I was able to drive, and just got back home. Now I need to follow up with an orthopedist for treatment for other injuries with the tendons and muscles in that leg.

Can anyone recommend someone around the Dallas hospital area or Villa Rica hospital area?

Thanks!

cant give you any Dr names ...but hope you get better soon
  • Like 1

Dr. Richard Maguire at Ortho Atlanta located at Paulding Hospital. 770-445-5666. He is great fixed my shoulder that had torn cartlidge and that was a few years ago and the Physical therapist is right next door and they are great as well.

• Like 2

I can tell you that both Pinnacle and Ortho Atlanta are excellent. Both have first rate physicians and PAs, and very helpful staff. Pinnacle had a split back a few years ago over whether or not to become part of the Wellstar System, but I that is water under the bridge. Both are good. I work with both groups and can do as well as the other. It is all personal preference.

• Like 1

Dr. Worthheim, Resurgens Windy Hill. The best in Atlanta area. Has been in practice for years. Was and may still be on the Falcons/Braves staff. A really good surgeon.

• Like 1

Dr, Duffield is or was with Pinnacle there is alot of doctors in pinnacle. we have used them.. as stated above.

Dr. McGuire is with Ortho now.

I work in the industry and know most of these doctors. The one I would use, and have used, is Dr Marc Duffield with Ortho Atlanta in Douglasville and Austell. My rotator cuff and labrum were destroyed. He fixed it surgically and it is now 100% perfect. Working in the industry helps me because I know these guys. I chose Dr Duffield. He is awesome.

• Like 1

Dr. Pesson did a great job replacing my wife's knees when he was with Pinnacle at Cobb. However I think he's in Cartersville now.

Dr.Pesson has retired as of last year. We attended the reception. He said I need the rest then laughed.

• Like 1

Dr. Charles Pesson is not retired. After retiring from Pinnacle he went with Harbin Clinic in Cartersville. 770-276-7217

• Like 2

Just keep in mind that some orthopaedists specialize. You have those who do general orthopaedic surgery, those who specialize in upper extremities, lower extremities, sports med, backs. Be sure the one you go to will do what you're wanting.

I had a broken foot that required a bone graft and hardware. I went to a doctor who specialized in foot and ankle surgery. He was an orthopaedist and at least in theory could do anything a general orthopaedic surgeon could do but he limited his practice to the foot and ankle. Also more recently, I had knee replacement. The doctor does hips and knees (and works on legs). He doesn't touch the upper extremities. That is left to his partner who will be replacing my shoulder next year (if not sooner). The partner does not do knees or hips. In fact, one reason he is in Pensacola is the group he used to be with shortly after internship in the Atlanta area already had an upper extremity guy. Their loss, my gain. :good:

chindog, you might want to call around to the various groups that have been mentioned and ask who their "leg" or lower extremely guy is. Explain thoroughly what you had done--the rod, especially--and let THEM tell you who the best one would be. That is not your everyday orthopaedic problem. You probably don't want just any everyday orthopaedist.

• Like 1