Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
DomesticViolenceByProxy

What Are Paulding Superior Court, #FamilyValues?

Paulding Superior Court Family Values...?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. In a period of less than 24 months, how many master bedroom overnight guests of the opposite sex is appropriate for a parent w/children at home?

• 2 or less
    • 7 or less
    • 8 or more
    • Unsure...
  2. 2. Should a parent allow an adult male friend to bath a 4 yr old daughter when the parent isn't home?

• Yes, if he is a friend or boyfriend.
    • Yes, if he is an acquaintance or more...
    • No
    • Unsure...

1.) You find out your 4 year old daughter has been bathed by an adult male without your ex being present and without your permission. The man in question is a "friend" or acquaintance of your ex but unknown by you and not bonded or vouched safe by any child care agency.

a.) Should a judge that issues seemingly frivolous protective orders against parents be unconcerned?

2.) You find out through your children that your ex has opened their home over the prior 18-24 months to at least 8 separate master bedroom overnight guests and your ex's mother has expressed her disapproval of the sleeping arrangements which (1) expose the children to so many short-term residents who are free to roam the house during their and their mother's sleeping hours and (2) uphold an example of sexual promiscuity that is inappropriate for impressionable young children. You have the same concerns as your former mother-in-law.

a.) Should a judge be concerned that having so many master bedroom overnight guests in such a short period of time is psychologically and emotionally taxing on the children, creating invisible wounds?

b.) If the judge basically says that your ex should have the right to find a significant other, how many additional master bedroom overnight guests is it emotionally and psychologically appropriate for the children to be exposed to if there have already been 8 in 18-24 months?

3.) Your ex works 3rd shift (overnight). Your ex's mother cares for the children while your ex is at work, denying you right of first refusal. You work roughly 10 days a month, which is full time for your profession. You are often available to care for the children. You currently have Wednesday overnight and every other weekend. It is noted negatively by opposing counsel that sometimes when your parenting time ends, you return the kids as much as 30 minutes early. Should the judge reduce your time with the children to every other weekend and a 1 hour phone call on Wednesdays, instead of the formerly overnight visit?

Edited by Domestic Violence by Proxy

I know you are frustrated but this scenario, as sad as it is, is the reason that the majority of the people want to avoid contact with it or even know about it.

Given we all know that there are two sides of a story - and that the devil is always in the details - we also know that we are not being given enough information to make any kind of reasoned judgment. It would a lot easier if the boyfriend had a record as a child molester.

pubby

The folks that created and put the child in this situation are the ones with no values. This would not be a court issue had they made decisions in the best interest of the child.

• Like 1

I know you are frustrated but this scenario, as sad as it is, is the reason that the majority of the people want to avoid contact with it or even know about it.

Given we all know that there are two sides of a story - and that the devil is always in the details - we also know that we are not being given enough information to make any kind of reasoned judgment. It would a lot easier if the boyfriend had a record as a child molester.

pubby

You mean boyfriends.

The folks that created and put the child in this situation are the ones with no values. This would not be a court issue had they made decisions in the best interest of the child.

Unfortunately there are parents who don't make decisions in the best interest of their children. When that is the case they need someone to speak up for them, some type of advocate.

• Like 3

It seems the OP has had a bad experience in the local family court.

I can only speak from personal experience. Our only experience with the local family court was a wonderful experience. We found the judge to be very concerned with the well being of the child. If a need arose again I would look forward to going into the local family court.

As far as the judge the OP has dealt with, I have never dealt with this judge in the court room. He was my personal attorney until he was appointed to the bench. I was very disappointed to loose him as my attorney. He represented me well.