Paulding.com

Accident with injuries at courthouse April 17

I don't have any details other than my wife called to say she heard a report that a car had jumped the curb at the Paulding County courthouse and struck a some people, possibly a child and injured them.

Anyone have any more information?

Updated: 2:51 p.m. Friday, April 17, 2015 | Posted: 1:36 p.m. Friday, April 17, 2015

1 dead, several injured after car strikes Paulding Co. courthouse

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/3-people-hit-car-paulding-county/nkxGm/

^ true, saw the news story update ...... :(

1 woman dead

1 woman in very bad condition, not known if critical or not

1 man is bad condition, most likely stable

both infants are being reported as expected to be in okay condition

81 yo woman from Cobb. Said to be hysterical and was taken to hospital as well.

too sad ....

^ true, saw the news story update ...... :(

1 woman dead

1 woman in very bad condition, not known if critical or not

1 man is bad condition, most likely stable

both infants are being reported as expected to be in okay condition

81 yo woman from Cobb. Said to be hysterical and was taken to hospital as well.

too sad ....

1 man dead

From someone on the scene: 1 woman died, 1 man with broken leg (and possibly more injuries), mother of twins thought to have broken leg also and twins were OK. Of course, more injuries could have been found once they reached the ER. The driver was taken to hospital because she was hysterical--as can be expected.

They also said that they did not understand how the lady just kept going. Said it was like she was just mowing down the sidewalk and people.

The lady who passed away was my uncles ex wife... her son had dropped her off while he went to park since it was raining. and this happened while he was parking his car. , he was able to get back to his mom before she passed away. please say a prayer for my uncle and his kids.

That is so sad LR.

I drove by there on my way home. The yellow tape is still there and it appears it took out a panel or two of the office.

To me it falls in the category of a freak accident. Even given the age of drivers at the courthouse, I don't think this kind of accident will happen again there for 100 years.

pubby

That is so sad LR.

I drove by there on my way home. The yellow tape is still there and it appears it took out a panel or two of the office.

To me it falls in the category of a freak accident. Even given the age of drivers at the courthouse, I don't think this kind of accident will happen again there for 100 years.

pubby

I agree. No rhyme or reason. Healing thoughts to those affected. Snap of a finger. :(