Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
DomesticViolenceByProxy

She's wants accountability for the child support she pays?

Halle Berry want's accountability for the child support she pays to her daughter's father. She pays $16,000/mo. and wants it reduced to $3,000/mo. because her daughter's dad is able bodied yet she claims he is living off of her. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of pro athletes that are interested in the outcome of this case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L7h2ql0Fp-E

Men overall gets a raw deal with child support. A friend of mine had proof that his son was no longer living in the mother's home and was out on his own (lives in another state) the case worker said 'there's nothing' we can do, and so he had to keep paying support. Would never happen if it was reversed.

As far as I know, it's all based on income. Absent parent has to pay a percentage of their income.

I have never understood why she has to pay him in the first place. Her daughter lives with her most of the time and she has to pay him? That's a good gig if you can get it. Although, it's beyond me how stars get involved with unknowns, seeming either trying to make a name for themselves or for money, then someone is pregnant after a few months and they expect a different outcome than a huge payout? Fools.

Edited by momof 3
  • Like 1

Well guys ask for it all the time, why not??? In general I think child support should have strings attached that the custodial parent has to abide by.

1. Prove that they are not using it as ransom. You know "you have to pay to see the kid."

2. They are spending it on the kid. Housing, food, clothing, school stuff. You get the idea.

3. The kid is in fact attending school.

That's just a couple of things. I'm sure if I thought about it I could come up with more.

Keeping in mind that there is never a one size fits all approach, but there should be starting points.

• Like 1

Well guys ask for it all the time, why not??? In general I think child support should have strings attached that the custodial parent has to abide by.

1. Prove that they are not using it as ransom. You know "you have to pay to see the kid."

2. They are spending it on the kid. Housing, food, clothing, school stuff. You get the idea.

3. The kid is in fact attending school.

That's just a couple of things. I'm sure if I thought about it I could come up with more.

Keeping in mind that there is never a one size fits all approach, but there should be starting points.

I agree and if she doesn't live with him, why the huge payout?

That is a good question. Maybe they called it child support when it was supposed to be spousal support..... :unknw:

The wife's son pays child support when the kids are living with their mother.

The mother pays child support when the kids are living with their father.

They were divorced in GA.

She was busted alienating the child from her father and also filed false allegations against the father. The standard alienation divorce/custody tactics. They have 50-50 parenting I think.

http://time.com/3524843/halle-berry-gabriel-aubry-child-support/

Would a woman collecting a lot of child support from her wealthy ex be derided as a lazy bum? Certainly not. (She might be attacked as a greedy vixen, but such attacks would likely be seen as misogynist.) For all the feminism-inspired changes in cultural beliefs about what it means to be a woman or a man, the idea that providing for one’s family is an essential part of masculinity has endured. While 40% of mothers in the U.S. are now their family’s primary breadwinner—including nearly a quarter of married moms—nearly a third of Americans still agree it’s best for everyone when the man provides for his family. One person’s Mr. Mom is another’s Mr. Bum.

I'd tell her what I'd tell any man griping about the same thing - a) it's for the support of the child, and 2) you picked him.

I'd tell her what I'd tell any man griping about the same thing - a) it's for the support of the child, and 2) you picked him.

AAAAAAAAND there's that! :good: It often seems like famous people make very wrong decisions in the romance dept. If I had as much money as most of them do, I'd not trust anyone, certainly not a back up dancer or my pool guy. I'd always think they had a motive in dating me. But their egos tell them, 'OH no, he/she really loves me'. Yea whatever. How cynical am I???????

Edited by momof 3
  • Like 1

I would tell my daughter's father to shove it straight up his a-hole if he asked for accountability. I, and many others like me, pay for everything off of my income. "His" money is treated as a reimbursement. My logic is that he can quit paying at any time (he won't, but still...) and I need to be able to support me and mine. I make more money than he does, so the support is tilted in his favor.

I think the OP and others in this thread are commenting bias and extreme situations. For every woe-is-me story, there are a thousand people out there doing what's right.

• Like 1

AND any mother who,uses child support as ransom should be kicked in the balls. And Dads need to start filing contempt charges for violating court orders. Get a judge annoyed enough, something could happen.

Now, with that said, if mom can prove safety reasons or another legit reason for refusing visitation, that needs to be addressed as well.

• Like 1

AND any mother who,uses child support as ransom should be kicked in the balls. And Dads need to start filing contempt charges for violating court orders. Get a judge annoyed enough, something could happen.

Now, with that said, if mom can prove safety reasons or another legit reason for refusing visitation, that needs to be addressed as well.

Amen!

That's the problem. Often times moms cannot prove their @$$ from their elbow but they receive the benefit of any doubt. When dad proves mom is unfit, she is given the benefit of the doubt until there is a lifeless child involved.

post-47214-0-26919300-1413953686_thumb.jpg

Edited by Domestic Violence by Proxy