Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
lowrider

STORMS POSSIBLE THURSDAY NIGHT/FRIDAY MORNING

TRACKING A SEVERE WEATHER RISK FOR THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY MORNING

Read more: http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/18147530/atlanta-weather-forecast#ixzz2tpOUVRih

THURSDAY: The daylight hours will be pretty tranquil with mostly cloudy skies. South winds will boost temperatures even higher than today's numbers. We are on track for a high of at least 72 ni Atlanta in the afternoon Thursday. This will help prime the atmosphere for gusty thunderstorms with the next front coming in late Thursday night. Here is a snapshot from the GFS model at 10pm Thursday when the squall line is crossing northern Alabama and closing in on northwest Georgia.

After midnight, the storms sweep through north Georgia - but may lose some intensity in the process. While wind shear is high, the instability may not be great enough for severe storms in Georgia. It will be a close call. At this time, we are monitoring the risk for mainly damaging wind gusts out of any stronger storms and the possibility that some warnings will be issued. The timeframe to watch is roughly from midnight through sunrise Friday. Below is a snapshot from 1am when the line looks weaker than it does when crossing Alabama. Most of the upper level support for widespread severe weather is steering well north of Georgia at this time - but that doesn't mean we're out of the woods.

By sunrise, the storms are rapidly weakening an moving eastward. Most of the daylight hours Friday will feature clearing skies and cooler temperatures behind the front. However, since we'll be so warm Thursday, even a noticeable cooldown Friday will still put high temperatures near 60 heading into the weekend.

Dammit. This means I'll have to bring my chickens back into the dining room. Just got their yard finished this evening and moved them outdoors, but the coop isn't built yet.

Edited by NC-17

<br />Dammit. This means I'll have to bring my chickens back into the dining room. Just got their yard finished this evening and moved them outdoors, but the coop isn't built yet.<br />

Why not prepare them in the kitchen first before setting them in the dining room? I like mine fried. LOL

Just thought I'd let y'all know there are tornado watches in Tennessee. It's supposed to be here between 12-2AM. Hopefully a lot if the energy will be gone from the storms system.

I hope it weakens. Some of those winds were clocked as high as 93 miles an hour in TN and they weren't even associated with a tornado. I don't like middle of the night severe weather. It's scary.

The whole squall line from LA to IL/OH is under Tornado Watch.

We won't get hit until around 3, 4 in the morning. I hate when storms take forever to get here.

And I just saw that it's not weakening any time soon.

A tornado WATCH is in effect for NW Georgia.

That didn't take long considering it didn't even hit GA yet. Where did you hear that? Or, who is reporting that?

Never mind, Glen Burns said it.

Tornado Watch JUST issued for counties north of metro Atlanta. Tune in for Glenn Burns full forecast coming up on the Channel 2 Action News Nightbeat at 11.

1609668_10152326175550695_955996332_n.jpg

Middle of the night storms....scary. It's so warm out.....may be a good night to open the doors and windows and sleep like a baby. Well, maybe not.....please, someone catch me in Kansas.

<br />I wish they'd only turn off the tornado sirens for TORNADOS!<br />Not for thunderstorms.<br />They just went off in Dallas.<br />

I know. Woke me up, so I put on my robe and did a midnight watch just like my mother did for me years ago to make sure my pets and husband slept soundly. They should only turn those things on if there is really is a tornado coming or what not. I am a bit sleepy today.

• Like 1

Don't get tp settled in to possible warm weather. The first snow state on the ground 3 days so we will have three snow days. Two down and one to go. Old wives tale but it looks like it might happen. Last night on weather bug (app on my iPAd) showed 50% frozen mix next Friday and Saturday. But being Georgia it could be 70 and sunshine.Crazy weather.

Don't get tp settled in to possible warm weather. The first snow state on the ground 3 days so we will have three snow days. Two down and one to go. Old wives tale but it looks like it might happen. Last night on weather bug (app on my iPAd) showed 50% frozen mix next Friday and Saturday. But being Georgia it could be 70 and sunshine.Crazy weather.

I came back solely for the crazy weather :D It is like 50 degrees out and my windows are open :D It is a gorgeous day.

I know. Woke me up, so I put on my robe and did a midnight watch just like my mother did for me years ago to make sure my pets and husband slept soundly. They should only turn those things on if there is really is a tornado coming or what not. I am a bit sleepy today.

OMG me too!

Never felt like I went back to sleep good. (((yawn)))

<br />I wish they'd only turn off the tornado sirens for TORNADOS!<br />Not for thunderstorms.<br />They just went off in Dallas.<br />

Agreed! My weather radio went off for a thunderstorm watch, then a few minutes later the siren goes off? Paulding is way too liberal with their siren use, I tend to ignore it now (unless I'm trying to sleep). One day there will be a real weather emergency but we'll all tune it out because they're being stupid with it. A thunderstorm watch warrants a siren, really?