Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
michelay1000

Earthquake?

FOX5 just showed the location, northeast of Augusta across the South Carolina border. It occured in SC but was felt as far as Atlanta.

4.4 earthquake in Edgefield, SC.

Some on FB said they felt it as far as LaGrange, and some said they felt it in Hiram.

We didn't feel anything.

Prelim. magnitude-4.4 quake shakes SC, Ga.

http://news.yahoo.com/prelim-magnitude-4-4-quake-shakes-sc-ga-035555076.html;_ylt=A0LEV0vS5f5SpHEAXqpXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0Yjkwb3VoBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM3MF8x

We felt it out near Rose's Store.

I also have friends in Augusta that were affected.

They are on day 3 without power and this startled them again.

I felt it. Made my bed shake. About threw up when I heard where the epicenter was. Ya'll know there's a nuclear site out that way in SC right outside of Augusta?

We felt nothing in New Ga, either!! Not sure where they (West Georgia Weather, Inc) got this date and time from but, it's still 02-14-14 where we are in New Ga!! YOu can check out their FB page, though.

West Georgia Weather Inc.

Effected area Radius.

M4.4 - 12km WNW of Edgefield, South Carolina

2014-02-15 03:23:38 UT

WGW 3D Earthquake systems

We felt nothing in New Ga, either!! Not sure where they (West Georgia Weather, Inc) got this date and time from but, it's still 02-14-14 where we are in New Ga!! YOu can check out their FB page, though.

West Georgia Weather Inc.

Effected area Radius.

M4.4 - 12km WNW of Edgefield, South Carolina

2014-02-15 03:23:38 UT

WGW 3D Earthquake systems

They are using universal time (UT) since earthquakes are tracked all over the world.

I felt it. Made my bed shake. About threw up when I heard where the epicenter was. Ya'll know there's a nuclear site out that way in SC right outside of Augusta?

Are you talking about Vogle? Or the "other" place Hubby had worked out at Vogle many, many, many times. He sure doesn't miss it, either

<br />We felt nothing in New Ga, either!!  Not sure where they (West Georgia Weather, Inc) got this date and time from but, it's still 02-14-14 where we are in New Ga!! YOu can check out their FB page, though.<br /><br />West Georgia Weather Inc.<br />Effected area Radius. <br /><br />M4.4 - 12km WNW of Edgefield, South Carolina<br />2014-02-15 03:23:38 UT<br /><br />WGW 3D Earthquake systems<br />
<br /><br /><br />

That date is Universal Time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Time

Are you talking about Vogle? Or the "other" place Hubby had worked out at Vogle many, many, many times. He sure doesn't miss it, either

The other place. I think it's in Beech Island, SC or maybe it's Jackson, SC. The one where everyone in Augusta has a family member or a neighbor working there.

My wife remarked to me around 10:25-10:30 that it felt like the sofa she was sitting on was being buffeted. I didn't feel it, but I told her maybe it was an earthquake somewhere.

Just saw news reports of same. Just off Hiram-Sudie.

Darn.........I missed both ice and snow storms this year and now an earthquake. I really have to get back to Georgia - 1 month and counting! :)

Last night we were at the farm in Toccoa, not far from SC. I thought I was going crazy. Was sitting in my chair with my laptop on my lap when my chair started to shake. I yelled at my husband that my chair was shaking. He came over but by then it had stopped. I could not understand why my chair had been shaking it was scary. There was no reason a chair should shake, was it a spook , or was I maybe having a some kind of medical problem. It was really scary. Boy was I glad we watched the 11pm news. Who would of thought an "Earthquake".

• Like 1

Snow and freezing rain one day and then in the upper 60's the next. Now earthquakes. You ask what's next. Wwell I'll tell you. Hell fire and damnation if we don't find a way to get rid of PO and all his stoogies. He needs to be impeached because he is violating the Constituyion but all those idiot liberals say he is doing the right thing. Well the people in Germany said the same for Hitler. Then in the Russian revolution people took to the streets and took over because they didn't like the rich ruling class. Sound familiar for what PO is saying? PO is turning into a dictator and we are letting it happen. Congress people can file impeachment for what PO is doing but the idiots will say they are racist. We need to speak up and stop this madness. Start by putting prayer back in schools and stop murdering babies. If we don't worse things will happen because God is only going to let it go so far before He does something about it. WAKE UP.

Are you armed and loaded? The gov't will be coming after your guns next. Just watch.

• Like 1

Snow and freezing rain one day and then in the upper 60's the next. Now earthquakes. You ask what's next. Wwell I'll tell you. Hell fire and damnation if we don't find a way to get rid of PO and all his stoogies. He needs to be impeached because he is violating the Constituyion but all those idiot liberals say he is doing the right thing. Well the people in Germany said the same for Hitler. Then in the Russian revolution people took to the streets and took over because they didn't like the rich ruling class. Sound familiar for what PO is saying? PO is turning into a dictator and we are letting it happen. Congress people can file impeachment for what PO is doing but the idiots will say they are racist. We need to speak up and stop this madness. Start by putting prayer back in schools and stop murdering babies. If we don't worse things will happen because God is only going to let it go so far before He does something about it. WAKE UP.

Are you armed and loaded? The gov't will be coming after your guns next. Just watch.

What the heck....It's to early for this!

I felt it. I was playing on the PS3 while on my bed. I thought it was someone shaking my bed. All I could think was my son was laying next to the bed where he usually sleeps and shaking it with his foot. At 12 and over 100 lbs. He is plenty big to shake it. I just told him tostop shaking the bed. Ironic isn't it... I keep the PS3 in my room because of the adult game ratings yet hesleeps in my room on the floor. Oh well.

We didn't feel it but our dog was outside and came running in the house looking around all frantic, he acted crazy for about 45 minutes.

He was swinging around toward his rear end, he was bug eyed and really jumpy, looking up at the ceiling, walls etc and snapping around like there was a fly or something behind him.

He really scared me, I thought he was having a psychotic episode of some sort and was thinking we may have to get him to an emergency vet if he didn't calm down soon. He was all over the place.

He wouldn't let either one of us try to rub or comfort him.

I wet a washcloth with warm water and washed his face, head, legs then his tail telling him "It's ok, Momma got it, it's gone now"

He finally calmed down but kept looking up at the ceiling and walls for a few minutes more before he decided whatever freaked him out was over.

Then we heard about the earthquake and can only assume that was what freaked him out so bad since there wasn't a bear in the yard or a fly in the house.

Where I live we have earthquakes every day. Sometimes it just gives you an odd sensation that is hard to describe. But the dogs always know. They'll all start barking their heads off in unison. And quite often there is a sound of thunder to accompany the cacophony of dogs.

Where I live we have earthquakes every day. Sometimes it just gives you an odd sensation that is hard to describe. But the dogs always know. They'll all start barking their heads off in unison. And quite often there is a sound of thunder to accompany the cacophony of dogs.

You live in Central America correct.

You live in Central America correct.

Yep. Just had a 4.2 two hours ago. But there are very strict building standards here so it's quite different as far as damage. I actually like the small earthquakes, just stress relief so we don't get a big one.

Edited by justgettingby

We didn't feel it but our dog was outside and came running in the house looking around all frantic, he acted crazy for about 45 minutes.

He was swinging around toward his rear end, he was bug eyed and really jumpy, looking up at the ceiling, walls etc and snapping around like there was a fly or something behind him.

He really scared me, I thought he was having a psychotic episode of some sort and was thinking we may have to get him to an emergency vet if he didn't calm down soon. He was all over the place.

He wouldn't let either one of us try to rub or comfort him.

I wet a washcloth with warm water and washed his face, head, legs then his tail telling him "It's ok, Momma got it, it's gone now"

He finally calmed down but kept looking up at the ceiling and walls for a few minutes more before he decided whatever freaked him out was over.

Then we heard about the earthquake and can only assume that was what freaked him out so bad since there wasn't a bear in the yard or a fly in the house.

The only thing that freaks my dog out is gunshots and fireworks. The only thing that drives my dog insane and she wants to get outside and chase them is the UPS and FEDX trucks. Weather or Earthquakes don't phase her, she just sleeps through them.

Lookie here, the South had a little North and now a little West.

Snow and Earthquakes. What's next?!

I didn't feel a thing. In Maryland we had a hurricane and earthquake all in one week. Now that was a earthquake, I was at work and thought a plane had hit the building. My office was above the hanger.

Darn.........I missed both ice and snow storms this year and now an earthquake. I really have to get back to Georgia - 1 month and counting! :)

I was in TX last week, what is up with one day being 30 for a high and then a few days later it was almost 70? Wait wait, that sounds like GA weather LOL

Are you less likely to feel it if your house is on a basement instead of a slab?

Edited by DallasRED