Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
LPPT

Bad intersections and very slick roads*wrecks*

I am very very grateful for the BEST bus driver in the world for getting my kid home safe & sound within 20 minutes today!!

That is GREAT News!

KUDDOS not only to our bus drivers

But KUDDOS to ALL the people

Who are thinking of our children

And to ALL of the Men and Women

Serving in our community today!❤️

Glad I left on Sunday! As much as I miss snow, I'd rather just look at it from my porch than the ditch on the side of the mountain. Been reading all these posts for hours and praying everyone gets home safe or at least finds a warm refuge overnight.

my husband just got home a 25 minute ride turned out to be 5 hour ride

10-90 at aldi -5746 wendy bagwell parkway holdup

oh lawd

My daughter says there are parents STILL trying to get to the daycare she works at to pick up kids!

It's gong to be HOURS if they even make it!

I wish they'd just let them stay put!

My daughter and coworkers has a plan for dinner to feed them and bedding for them all tonight!

They will be safe and warm right where they are!

I worry so about folks on the road and now it's getting dark!

Edited by Blondiega1

bus 160 still has students on bus-she is unable to get down mcclung road=one of the fathers is going to meet bus driver at sinyard circle,

<br />hwy 278 jack-knifed tractor trailer-blocking road<br />
<br /><br /><br />

what part 278?

HIRAM-report of several vehicles in ditch at OAK STREET-officer advising as long as people are driving down hwy 92 this will continue to occur

people are assisting drivers to get out of ditch

hwy 278 at vista lake s/d black hyundia accent was hit by mercedes,she is afraid to sit at this location for fear other cars will slide into her

<br /><br /><br />

what part 278?

When I was passing through there around 5:00 there was one stuck at the intersection of 278/120 (headed into hiram) and then 2 further back between tractor supply and the hospital.

And a tanker stuck in the left lane of 278 toward Dallas!

278 toward Hiram was at a stand still at 5 and I assume it hasn't moved!

just spoke to neighbor ,he is still attempting to get home , i went and got his dog earlier to potty and come stay with us

I have been shoveling and sweeping our steps all day. Just got finished with it again.

I am sure I have seen this type of snow at some other time over the years maybe when I was a kid.

It is so wet and the temps so low that when you compress it with weight it turns to a sheet of ice on the bottom of your shoes and the surface you are standing on.

It is going to be a nightmare tomorrow.

ok, the attempt shall be to take Barrett to 120

2 buses on winn road stuck -officer will do welfare check to determine all children are accounted for and off the bus---

several cars are also wrecked

HWY 61 SOUTH IS STILL BLOCKED BY THE TRACTOR TRAILER SOUTH OF WINNDALE ROAD

HWY 381 AT MOUNT TABOR ROAD VEHICLES BLOCKING ROAD

cole lake road bus in ditch-car is on back of bus -child and bus driver are still in the bus- officers are enroute. this is at the bottom of the hill on cole lake road

Hey CC, you are absolutely right! THANK YOU to EVERYONE that is working so hard to get everyone home safe & sound

red f 150 stranded on bill carruth pkwy -people are walking from hwy 278 towards hiram sudie road to assist family member

<br />I saw a bad wreck on East-West Connector where a car flipped.  Person was laying out on the curb.  SLow down and pay attention.  This is some slick stuff.  My Jeep was worthless unless it was in 4 wd.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

That explains why traffic wasn't moving when I turned on E/W connector to try and avoid the less-traveled backroads. I ended up turning around and going Austell Road to Clay. Finally made it to Pine Valley but ended up stuck in the middle of the intersection at 92 and Pine Valley. Some nice guy helped me out of that mess, but I got stuck again on Ridge. Some guy told me to get my tires on the grass for traction. That made it so much worse. A nice lady gave me a ride home, and my daugher got a ride to my car, got it towed back onto the road, and got it home. Took me 4 hours to make an hour drive!!! A co-worker just called and it took her 7 hours to go from Terrell Mill to Barrett Parkway!!!

I'm just glad to be home!!!

Well, you'll be glad to know that the GDOT representative that was just on Ch2 says that ice isn't a problem in the metro..."there's very little ice". The problem was that everyone tried to commute at the same time and, due to accidents, now it's all backed up. The trucking nerve of this guy!

mrnn

BRIDGES ON PAUL HARRIS ROAD ARE OPENING

AVOID HWY 92 SOUTH AT MORNINGSIDE ROAD-ICE . SALT trucks are stuck in douglasville

<br /><iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S9NNR2zA6IQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><br />More snow video ...  Curtis called shortly after this moment of 'freedom' to report that he ran into another bottleneck near Pine Valley Road.   I think he thinks if no one is there, he'd recommend running a traditional traffic signal if the option is to stop and spin for a half-hour and create another bottle neck.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I was probably the one stuck and spinning!!! I apologize for any inconvenience I caused anyone!!!

ladora drive at pine ridge church on HWY 61 SOUTH =TRAFFIC ACCIDENT SCHOOL BUS INVOLVED' Officers are attempting to go via paul aiken to 61 hwy to respond

Avoid 1100 block of BAKERS BRIDGE ROAD ice on roads

Barrett was a bust - back tracking to Wade Green to get to Jiles

D.O.T. IS ADVISING COLE LAKE ROAD IS IMPASSABLE

HWY 61 AT ARBOR WAY-ROAD HAZARD reported by officer

officer vehicle needs assist bob hunton road