Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Blondiega1

K- coffee maker

Who owns a Keurig?

What model do you own?

Pros?

Cons?

I'm not a big coffee drinker but the cappuccinos rock!

And I'd do hot tea and hot chocolate.

Plus I understand you can do iced beverages too.

We have one - use it every day. Only con we have found is that it doesn't make coffee as hot as some might like. But, it's a good temp for me.Convenience is absolute. Get a refillable adapter - use whatever you want in it.

We have 1) and really like it. It's very simple and easy to use. There's litterly hundreds of types and flavors to choose from. Both my wife and me have found our favorite flavors.

Actual cost is high per cup but I think if you factor in the waste of throwing away several cups using a conventional coffee maker it most likely averages out a little. Also now that friends and family know we have it, we get gifts of K Cups which reduces the cost. In all we got 6 boxes as Christmas gifts.

Ours makes super hot coffee, so I start a cup before I take my morning shower and it's about the right tempature by time I have dressed.

If ours broke, I would go out immediately and buy another one.

We have the "Special Edition" I think. We got it at SAMs. They have a pretty good price on them. Love ours. I guess the only con that we have found is it does cost a little more. But, the ease of it outweighs the cost. The hot apple cider is awesome.

See it's really just me and the girl child who would use it.

So I'm considering the mini which doesn't have a reservoir and brews one up at a time.

Main uses would be the capaccinos, teas, hot chocolate, even iced beverages which the description says it does.

Reviews are good, I just can't decide it I should go with the larger one with the reservoir.

Do you leave the water in it? Or like any other coffee maker do you have to dump the water after each use?

I have a Keurig Vue. I love it most of the time. The coffee tastes great, and it will make up to a 16 oz cup. It will also make 2 step and iced drinks. The downside is that I have to order my coffee online or buy it at Walmart. Keurig gives a 10-15 percent discount for returning customers and usually waive the shipping fee for orders over $40.

I have a Keurig Vue. I love it most of the time. The coffee tastes great, and it will make up to a 16 oz cup. It will also make 2 step and iced drinks. The downside is that I have to order my coffee online or buy it at Walmart. Keurig gives a 10-15 percent discount for returning customers and usually waive the shipping fee for orders over $40.

See I thought about the vue, but there seems to be a lot more k cup options for the regular Keurig models.

<br />See it's really just me and the girl child who would use it.<br />So I'm considering the mini which doesn't have a reservoir and brews one up at a time.<br />Main uses would be the capaccinos, teas, hot chocolate, even iced beverages which the description says it does.<br />Reviews are good, I just can't decide it I should go with the larger one with the reservoir.<br />Do you leave the water in it?  Or like any other coffee maker do you have to dump the water after each use?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You can leave the water in it. We have the special edition as well.... Daughter child does iced coffee and says it is good.

For what it is worth, Consumer reports tested the single serve makers in Jan/13 and pod coffee makers in Sept/13. In both types they put the Delonghi models on top.

We use one at work and I am not impressed with it at all. I have no idea what model it is, although it looks like a smaller one to me and it is red.

I drink too much coffee for one. We have the reusable thingy at work and I just take my own coffee. For some reason, this one never makes the same amount of coffee. One time it will completely fill the cup, but most of the time, it only does a half cup. I have also found when it only does about a half cup, to go ahead and put a little more water in it and use the same coffee.

It also fills the resavoir on the bottom really quick. I don't know if it is an overflow or what, but we actually have it sitting in a plastic tub thing to prevent water from going everywhere.

For the money that the boss paid for it--I don't think it is worth it at all. If I paid that much for it--I would be pissed!!

See it's really just me and the girl child who would use it.

So I'm considering the mini which doesn't have a reservoir and brews one up at a time.

Main uses would be the capaccinos, teas, hot chocolate, even iced beverages which the description says it does.

Reviews are good, I just can't decide it I should go with the larger one with the reservoir.

Do you leave the water in it? Or like any other coffee maker do you have to dump the water after each use?

We have the single serve in the camper and one with the reservoir in the house. The reservoir is better for controlling the serving size. I think that it brews a better cup because it is consistent.

I'm leaning away from the vue for lack of cup variety.

I'm leaning toward the mini. It does the 3 sizes, but no water storage.

You just add water one cup at a time when you want a cup.

It's smaller, does the sizes and varieties I want, and no water storage which makes it more portable.

Papi says he's putting his foot down and I'm NOT taking it on vacation! LOL!

I like that I can do a cafe' mocha and the girl child can do a French vanilla!

Larger variety that I've seen in stores and amazon! Including capaccinos, Snapples, celestial seasonings teas, hot chocolate,and more!

We got The girl child a small in room desktop model for Christmas and I've gotten hooked on it!

Edited by Blondiega1

<br />I'm leaning away from the vue for lack of cup variety. <br /> I'm leaning toward the mini.  It does the 3 sizes, but no water storage.  <br />You just add water one cup at a time when you want a cup.<br />   It's smaller, does the sizes and varieties I want, and no water storage which makes it more portable.  <br />Papi says he's putting his foot down and I'm NOT taking it on vacation!  LOL!<br /><br /> I like that I can do a cafe' mocha and the girl child can do a French vanilla!<br />  Larger variety that  I've seen in stores  and amazon!  Including capaccinos, Snapples, celestial seasonings teas, hot chocolate,and more!<br /><br />We got The girl child a small in room desktop model for Christmas and I've gotten hooked on it!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

If you don't plan to use it a lot, go with the smaller one with cup size varieties. We have the special edition like they have at Sam's and everyone in the house uses it, but me. The K-cups are pricey, in my opinion, considering my family uses 3-4 each day. We do have the refillable thingy, however. I always take the reservoir off every couple days to wash and let it dry out. Most of the time the water is emptied out from using it so much. You do have to clean like you would any other coffee maker, with vinegar or the special made coffee pot cleaners.

Our daughter and SIL have a Vue. Kohls and Penneys sell the K-cups for it...or at least they did before Christmas because I bought them some there. :)

• Like 1

What models do y'all have?

Why did you choose that model over another?

I cannot find a model # on ours.

It's black, has a tank on the left side that holds water for about 6 cups, has selection buttons for 3 different size cups and uses standard K cups.

Figured out that the one at the office is the mini.

I use the same cup to put water in and use the same amount every time. About 90% of the time--it only brews half a cup. Any ideas on why??

Figured out that the one at the office is the mini.

I use the same cup to put water in and use the same amount every time. About 90% of the time--it only brews half a cup. Any ideas on why??

If you do not use filtered water or distilled water it will cause the coffee maker to get plugged up. Regular tap water can really mess up the coffee makers. My husband and I ruined our first Keurig using tap water. Ours started making half cups from time to time and then quit making coffee all together. If you read the instruction booklet, it tells you to use filtered water. Also, you are suppose to clean it with vinegar from time to time. We have one at work too and it is better to use a bigger one than a single serve for multiple people. There are actually industrial Keurig machines for the office environment.

I've had one for a couple of years and I still use it some but prefer my old coffee pot. I've bought several different coffees, the hot chocolate and apple cider and really did not care for either. I thought the hot chocolate and apple cider was to watery. The best hot chocolate we've ever had is a recipe someone put on p.com years ago for homemade hot chocolate.

If you do not use filtered water or distilled water it will cause the coffee maker to get plugged up. Regular tap water can really mess up the coffee makers. My husband and I ruined our first Keurig using tap water. Ours started making half cups from time to time and then quit making coffee all together. If you read the instruction booklet, it tells you to use filtered water. Also, you are suppose to clean it with vinegar from time to time. We have one at work too and it is better to use a bigger one than a single serve for multiple people. There are actually industrial Keurig machines for the office environment.

Just a 2 person office and the boss rarely drinks coffee!!

I will try the cleaning and see if it works. I am really thinking about just bringing my little 4 cup coffee maker to work, since it is just an extra I keep around the house.

Look at the Flavia system online. They have small to large systems. A former office space that I worked in had one of the large ones and it was real good. They supplied a very large variety of coffees, teas, etc.

I would much prefer the Flavia system over the Keurig--only thing being I don't know about the availability and convenience of the Flavia coffees.

I have the Keurig Special Edition. I've had mine about 4 years now and I have only used tap water. I don't have a filter on mine, and I have never used filtered water. Mine sits right next to the sink on the counter and I just pull the faucet over and let it fill the tank. I never take the tank off and I've never cleaned it with any type of cleaner. If that sucker died today I'd run out and buy another one.

• Like 1

Keurig Elite 40. Standard model came with 2 cups sizes but we found one that had 3 cup sizes.

Don't use it a lot since I am not a big coffee drinker, I mostly use it for ice coffee and hot chocolate.

No cons that I have found. Works as expected.

I personally have a B150 and love it! I've had two B140 models in the past and they seem to stop working after about a year, but Keurig has recently redesigned them. The new B140/145 have the digital display.

We have 2 new B145 models here at A&M Office Supply for $96.88 and one Vue V1255 for $149.99. These are new with factory tape on the units & the Vue has the sample pack still intact.

Two Christmases ago, bought the 13 yo daughter a personal K machine (red). Came with a sample box of coffees and teas. She loves hot chocolate, and has found that the generic hot chocolate from Walmart is actually better tasting than Swiss Miss. We have regular coffee maker for the larger brews, but every now and then I will run a single cup when no one else wants coffee. (No reservoir on this one - and I found that if I put a "smidge" more water in before brewing, it comes out at the perfect blend after brewing.)

I love mine,it has a filter in the tank.Now it's perfect because my wife can have her type and I can have mine.No more wasted pot sitting getting over cooked. If mine broke I would be out to get another before tomorrow at breakfast.

The ones I have had are empty once done, which led me to believe they are just instant coffee. But I suppose it depends on which brand, etc.

Either way, I'd rather a real cup of freshly ground coffee.

<br />The ones I have had are empty once done, which led me to believe they are just instant coffee.  But I suppose it depends on which brand, etc.<br /><br />Either way, I'd rather a real cup of freshly ground coffee.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Some are instant. But, the coffee ones aren't. The only reason I know is (I can't believe I'm admitting this)is that we have a friend that is an avid environmentalist and is working on reducing his carbon footprint. He, sigh, recycles all of the pieces of his k-cups. That's the only way he can justify using the k-cup machine. The coffee ones (like my caribou coffee (FAVORITE)) are definitely coffee. But, the cappuccino, iced tea, etc. seem to be instant or partially instant.

Yes, I've helped him take apart the kcups so that the plastics go in the plastics bin, the aluminium foil goes in the metal bin, etc.

but they are all instant, right?

Not really any different then using a regular coffee maker with the coffee grounds, it just pours the water through the grounds. Just that it makes a single serving versus a large pot.

Bed Bath & Beyond has coffee for the vue, also.

I'm so disappointed right now.

I really wanted this thing and it won't work straight out the box!!!

I bought the mini.

Added the water, followed the directions just like they read, and it won't dispense the liquid!

It heats because if I turn it upside down to dump it, the water comes out hot, but it won't dispense the hot liquid!

I even checked to make sure there wasn't like packing material (tape or something) over the dispenser.

Nope.

Just won't dispense the hot water.

:(

Edited by Blondiega1