Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Blondiega1

How sad!

Tragedy as bride, 25, dies just hours after getting married when husband, 27, loses control of sports car while leaving reception

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2531689/Newlywed-25-killed-husband-27-loses-control-car-drives-away-reception.html

Edited by Blondiega1

That is sad but I also I think it is wrong for them to use her maiden name I can see if it was included with her married name.

Because everyone had so much time to get used to her marred name???

• Like 4

Saw this on the news last night. Terrible tragedy.

I also thought it strange they used her maiden name and didn't refer to her by her married name at all - whether everyone was 'used to it' or not it seems rather disrespectful of her new husband and their marriage in general.

Some women don't change their name when they get married. Not sure if that's the case here or not but I personally know several married women still using their maiden names both professionally & in their everyday lives.

• Like 1

That is sad but I also I think it is wrong for them to use her maiden name I can see if it was included with her married name.

Maybe she didn't plan to take her husband's last name when married. Not unheard of in the last few decades or so. Regardless, a very sad story.

Some women don't change their name when they get married. Not sure if that's the case here or not but I personally know several married women still using their maiden names both professionally & in their everyday lives.

My daughter has been married almost 11 years and still uses her maiden name. It's not my choice, but to each his own. And regardless of the name the family or the news media used, this girl is still dead no matter what her name is. Is it really an issue at this point?

All I can think is that if she'd have only had her seat belt on......but that's a moot point too.

You cannot 'take your married name' at the wedding.

You have to go to the social security office, with your marriage certificate/license, and apply for a name change.

You can take the social security application to the DDS to change your name on your drivers license, along with your marriage certificate/license, if you don't want to wait until your new social security card comes in the mail.

Perhaps, out of courtesy, the media should have mentioned her married name.... But, it wasn't her legal name yet.

• Like 2

You cannot 'take your married name' at the wedding.

You have to go to the social security office, with your marriage certificate/license, and apply for a name change.

You can take the social security application to the DDS to change your name on your drivers license, along with your marriage certificate/license, if you don't want to wait until your new social security card comes in the mail.

Perhaps, out of courtesy, the media should have mentioned her married name.... But, it wasn't her legal name yet.

Good purnt.

My niece knew Kali and has shared some pictures and things about her on facebook. Check out her country songs she has on reverbNation. Beautiful girl, and a beautiful voice.

]

Edited by ProudMawMawof5

I'm thinking charges will be brought against the groom. He said he was dodging a dog. It appears that he ran up on the stop sign and slid across the road and down the embankment. They are also waiting on results from a blood test. Bad all the way around.

My wife said that while she believes in taking your husband's name, she will never do it again.

Apparently it was a nightmare getting everything changed over to my last name.

I think she had to take a couple days off to get it done.

I have a feeling "alcohol may be a factor" which means the groom will probably face a vehicular manslaughter charge in the near future.

The WSB video shows black marks starting at the stop sign that move sideways and diagonal before going forward that are consistent with someone burning out when taking of from a stop. After the vehicle enters the roadway it immediately loops around and goes off road into the ravine. He simply lost control driving recklessly.

post-2340-0-47944000-1388602160_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ugadawgs98

Totally heartbreaking!! I just cannot imagine what the families are going through right now and how much worse it will be if the groom does get charged.

I have a feeling "alcohol may be a factor" which means the groom will probably face a vehicular manslaughter charge in the near future.

The WSB video shows black marks starting at the stop sign that move sideways and diagonal before going forward that are consistent with someone burning out when taking of from a stop. After the vehicle enters the roadway it immediately loops around and goes off road into the ravine. He simply lost control driving recklessly.

That's exactly how we saw it too. I didn't buy the dog story after seeing the tire marks.