Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Dallas Bigfoot

Fried Chicken

What restaurant either in Paulding or West Cobb makes the best Southern fried chicken. Please don't tell me Grands or Chick-fil-A. Want some that's lightly battered and able to eat with skin on. Got low cholestorol so that's no problem.

My momma would tell you Popeye's. She LOVES popeye's. I prefer to make my own ( I know - a big mess and kinda expensive with the peanut oil). The family likes Kroger quite a bit. No one likes Walmart.

This is a good ad for the library. We have a new issue of the Atlanta Magazine here that list the best chicken in the Atlanta area, these all have a website too.

Busy Bee Cafe at the West End

Watershed on Peachtree

The General Muir

Greenwood's on Green Street

Star Provisions on Howell Mill

The Colonnade on Cheshire Bridge Rd.

One Eared Stag on Edgewood Ave.

The Farmhouse at Serenbe in Palmetto

See what library users can learn? Come in today we are open until 5pm

Edited by librarygirl

Staying close to home: KFC Buffet in Dallas; John Boy's Country Cooking in Cartersville on Hwy. 41. Both are cheap and actually good.

Whistle Stop cafe on Cobb parkway right above Barrett Pkwy. used to be good.

Staying close to home: KFC Buffet in Dallas; John Boy's Country Cooking in Cartersville on Hwy. 41. Both are cheap and actually good.

Whistle Stop cafe on Cobb parkway right above Barrett Pkwy. used to be good.

Well dag nab it! Now I am going to have to go to the store. I suddenly have me a hankering for a heaping mess of fried chicken.

Thaaaanks. And the mess to clean up afterwards too.

Dang this lack of willpower... and I dont mean diet just eating. :rolleyes:

Well dag nab it! Now I am going to have to go to the store. I suddenly have me a hankering for a heaping mess of fried chicken.

Thaaaanks. And the mess to clean up afterwards too.

Dang this lack of willpower... and I dont mean diet just eating. :rolleyes:

I do too, but I can't cook good fried chicken, I'll have to stick to Church's!! Love me soe Church's Chicken with Jalepeno peppers!!!!

I was always told that my mother made the best fried chicken and considering the ladies that said it, it must have been true. (cause those ladies could cook)

However, she has bought Church's chicken for the past 10 years or more, rather than cook.

When I make fried chicken - I use Paula Deen's method. It takes time. But, it's well worth it. We bought an outdoor camp stove a couple of years ago - so I do all the frying outside in three huge dutch ovens. That took alot of the work out of it - except the disposal of the oil.

I wish we had a Church's Fried Chicken around here.

I like mine the best, but when I don't feel like the mess, I get a batch at Folks. They're fried chicken is really good. I don't like their sides, so I usely just get the chicken and make my own sides.

I wish we had a Church's Fried Chicken around here.

I like mine the best, but when I don't feel like the mess, I get a batch at Folks. They're fried chicken is really good. I don't like their sides, so I usely just get the chicken and make my own sides.

These birds said, "Thank God, this is better than becoming fried chicken."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=pTPNsg5ucIEXbM&tbnid=kvnrjzLvKmlg8M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdoblelol.com%2F4%2Ffunny-chicken-the-egg-jokes-and-videos.htm&ei=-_XCUo3UL87qkAff_4CADA&bvm=bv.58187178,d.eW0&psig=AFQjCNFOBrKZhYivzs5KGH2qWYW8Zatx6g&ust=1388594835883806

This is a good ad for the library. We have a new issue of the Atlanta Magazine here that list the best chicken in the Atlanta area, these all have a website too.

Busy Bee Cafe at the West End

Watershed on Peachtree

The General Muir

Greenwood's on Green Street

Star Provisions on Howell Mill

The Colonnade on Cheshire Bridge Rd.

One Eared Stag on Edgewood Ave.

The Farmhouse at Serenbe in Palmetto

See what library users can learn? Come in today we are open until 5pm

The Colonnade does have some good fried chicken. I have never had it at Genral Muir but they do have THE BEST corned beef hash and eggs that I have ever had.

I had fried chicken for lunch that was real good, but it was a boneless skinless breast at Dinner's Ready in Douglasville. The fried squash was excellent too.

Us too, it's better than any restaurant around.

Great flavor but the crust is too hard. I like the Kroger better. Church's was good at one time but now it lost something. Popeyes is pretty good, just too greasy.

I do some work at Popeyes HQ where they have a test kitchen. That is an interesting place. The people there are enough to make you want to eat at their restaurants. Good folks.

Best fried chicken EVER is Lamar's in Chattanooga. If you're white, you have to go downstairs, though. And be quiet on your way and tip well. You won't regret it. :wub: Lawd I've been craving me some Lamar's all day.

Best fried chicken EVER is Lamar's in Chattanooga. If you're white, you have to go downstairs, though. And be quiet on your way and tip well. You won't regret it. :wub: Lawd I've been craving me some Lamar's all day.

Uhhhh, what if you are not white?

Ryan's

Ryan's is NASTY!!!!! I went to the Hiram location many, many yrs ago and haven't been back!! I don't even like going to Golden Corral, anymore. We will go every now-and-then and about once every three or four months, I'll go get me a bowl of Broccoli Cheddar Soup to go!!

Uhhhh, what if you are not white?

Then you get to eat in the restaurant dining room. :lol: Anytime I've been it's been at night and we get looks going in the front door from other diners. We to downstairs to the lounge. They usually have a jazz band playing so it's actually pretty fun.

Church's in Douglasville is NASTY and greasy. Mrs. Winner's had the best but they had to go and close. :( Anyway, Kroger probably has the best fried chicken, and Folks has pretty good chicken too.

Where is Gabriels? Not familiar with this place. :mellow:

It's on 120 / Whitlock going into Marietta. It is on the left in the shopping center behind McDonalds. It is Paula Deen's cousin or something like that. Country fried steak is over the top.

It's on 120 / Whitlock going into Marietta. It is on the left in the shopping center behind McDonalds. It is Paula Deen's cousin or something like that. Country fried steak is over the top.

I ate there a lot, the food is good. Has anyone been to Doug's in Emerson?

I ate there a lot, the food is good. Has anyone been to Doug's in Emerson?

I have been there a few times. Last time was back in the summer. A little on the nasty looking side for me. The food has always been pretty good and I have never had any bad experiences after eating there. I just have to be in the right state of mind to go there.

I have been there a few times. Last time was back in the summer. A little on the nasty looking side for me. The food has always been pretty good and I have never had any bad experiences after eating there. I just have to be in the right state of mind to go there.

Yes, you could say Doug's is quaint. I have only been there once, the food was pretty good and the drive was nice.