Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
dawneykids

I'm beyond stunned....he was drunk, killed 4

I'm sure he/she didn't.

It was a woman, Judge Jean Boyd. I can't believe, especially in Texas, that this sentence was handed down. She should be ashamed and have to look at huge pictures of the victims of this loser, spoiled brat kid, everyday for the rest of her life.

If he was tried in juvenile court, could have even have been sentenced to more than probation? If I recall, he is 16 (or was when this happened). That would have him a juvenile. Obviously not tried as an adult. The judge may very well have given the maximum sentence allowed. Whether we like or not, whether we agree or not, whether she agrees or not. That might have been every single day he could be sentenced to.

Personally, he should receive the absolute maximum allowable sentence for an adult. But that's just my opinion.

Can anyone even imagine a kid from a poor family of any race, especially black or hispanic, getting to walk from that?

It is simply an atrocious obvious purchase of the justice system in Texas.

• Like 2

British psychologist Oliver James asserts that there is a correlation between the increasing nature of affluenza and the resulting increase in material inequality: the more unequal a society, the greater the unhappiness of its citizens.

And, this killing is one an example of what causes our society to be unhappy with this kid.:pardon:

Edited by The Postman

Can anyone even imagine a kid from a poor family of any race, especially black or hispanic, getting to walk from that?

It is simply an atrocious obvious purchase of the justice system in Texas.

Same judge sentenced a 14yo black kid to 10 years in prison for a punch that inadvertently killed another person. She should be run out of town on a rail. I am beyond livid at this so-called sentence.

Well, with his stupidity, at least we can be pretty sure he'll violate the terms of his probation sooner or later and will be behind bars.

Same judge sentenced a 14yo black kid to 10 years in prison for a punch that inadvertently killed another person. She should be run out of town on a rail. I am beyond livid at this so-called sentence.

Well, with his stupidity, at least we can be pretty sure he'll violate the terms of his probation sooner or later and will be behind bars.

Or under one. :nea:

Local authorities described the June crash near Forth Worth, Texas, as one of the worst accidents they'd ever seen.

The woman on the phone to 911 was clearly distressed. It's dark, she said. There's been a terrible car crash. There are bodies in the street, bodies by the side of the road. "There's four or five," she cried. "There's another child in the ditch! They're gone!"

More information has come to light in the gruesome "affluenza" case of 16-year-old Ethan Couch, who was sentenced to 10 years of probation after killing four people and seriously injuring others when he crashed his truck while driving drunk outside Fort Worth, Texas.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tkKg1Kpghi8

Apparently, this kid had his OWN $400,000 house that his "parents" allowed for him to live in ALONE. He threw frequent alcohol fueled parties for his friends. There was NO Parenting. None. He and his parents should be in jail on this one.

How disturbing.

Apparently, this kid had his OWN $400,000 house that his "parents" allowed for him to live in ALONE. He threw frequent alcohol fueled parties for his friends. There was NO Parenting. None. He and his parents should be in jail on this one.

How disturbing.

Affluenza must be a tragic thing that good people will have to deal with, M2two, as more and more kids are raised in rich families. Colleges ma become a place for affluenza type behavior, as education become a thing only the rich can afford.

Sometimes the apple doesn’t fall very far from the tree, or so goes the old adage. It turns out that the parents of the affluenza_teen who killed four people while driving drunk and got off with probation have had several run-ins with the law of their own.

As it turns out, the boy’s parents have a long history of getting into trouble with the law but have never served any jail time. According to an exclusive report from Mail Online, the teen’s millionaire father, Fred Couch, and ex-wife Tonya have had a few close calls with law enforcement.

Mr. Couch, 48, has been arrested for theft, including at least two instances of writing bad checks, evading arrest, and allegedly assaulting his ex-wife Mrs. Couch. In addition, he also has several traffic tickets on his record. Even though accusations against Mr. Couch go back as far as 1989, 22 accusations in all, he has never spent time in jail.

Mrs. Couch was only punished with a $500 fine for allegedly running another driver off the road. She also has additional driving offenses on her record.

It was reported that Ethan Couch told a passenger at the scene where he took the lives of four people “I’m Ethan Couch. I’ll get out of this.”

http://breakingbrown.com/2013/12/affluenza-teens-millionaire-parents-have-long-history-of-brushes-with-the-law/

Sympathetic parents on the jury perhaps? Parents thinking "this could be my child"?

Two accidents just a few weeks apart in Cobb were handled differently as well, primarily for the same reason--money (or lack of money). One boy driving a van hits a tree, vehicle bursts into flames, three kids die. He's poor. A girl driving a car hits a tree, two or three kids die. She's from a wealthy family. Guess which one got the tougher sentence? Yep, the poor kid. He was speeding, so there was that extenuating factor. But so was the girl. And the girl was driving away, fast, from committing vandalism. The poor boy was just taking some friends home. Justice?

If the incident involving the "poor" boy and the van happened on Church Road and one of the victim's was the boy's sister, he got exactly what he deserved. I personally knew this family. My daughter and the boy's other sister were friends. When I found out about the drugs, underage drinking, and a lot of other stuff that was allowed at the house while the mother was there, my daughter was no longer allowed to have anything to do with the sister. There was a lot more to this story than ever made the papers or news. I don't know anything about the other accident but it sounds like the girl should have been punished just as severely. But no one should feel sorry for the boy who hit the tree because justice was definitely serves where he was poor or wealthy.

This bring something else to mind. So far everyone seems to be against the court's decision and is outraged. But what about what happened with Jake Zimmerman, there were plenty of people here saying that he should have been allowed to walk at graduation after he and 20+ were caught vandalizing East Paulding High School.

And there were than a few who said that he should have the charges dropped against him because it would ruin the "bright future" he has against. He was the class president and quite a few folks felt that because of that and where he planned to go to college should be considered. Well here's the thing, I'm betting that Ethan Couch's parents and supporters may have said the same thing for him whenever he has gotten in trouble in the past. If it wasn't his Ethan's fault that he killed 4 people and most likely has gotten out of trouble previously for things, then what's to say that Jake Zimmerman is really any different. He seems to have believed that his parents could get him out of trouble as well. So if Ethan had been punished before isn't it likely he may have not killed the people he did?

I'm not one of those people, no way, no how.

Me either!!! They all got off with a slap on the wrist. When there are no consequences, kids think they can do whatever they want and get away with it.

No, the two cases I referred to happened no more than weeks apart. In fact, I think they may have been days apart. One happened on Church Road in Smyrna and the other somewhere around Pope or Walton High School. The boy's last name was Davis. I don't remember the girl's last name.

Charles Davis and his sister Jean was killed. My daughter was friends with his sister, Stephanie. Such a messed up bunch of people long before tis happened. Very sad but, again, these kids were allowed to do whatever they wanted with no consequences whatsoever!!

Yes, that was the accident.

But both teens killed other teens and yet got different sentences.

If the incident involving the "poor" boy and the van happened on Church Road and one of the victim's was the boy's sister, he got exactly what he deserved. I personally knew this family. My daughter and the boy's other sister were friends. When I found out about the drugs, underage drinking, and a lot of other stuff that was allowed at the house while the mother was there, my daughter was no longer allowed to have anything to do with the sister. There was a lot more to this story than ever made the papers or news. I don't know anything about the other accident but it sounds like the girl should have been punished just as severely. But no one should feel sorry for the boy who hit the tree because justice was definitely serves where he was poor or wealthy.

Apparently this kid in Texas was allowed to do whatever he wanted, without consequences as well.

Charles Davis and his sister Jean was killed. My daughter was friends with his sister, Stephanie. Such a messed up bunch of people long before tis happened. Very sad but, again, these kids were allowed to do whatever they wanted with no consequences whatsoever!!