Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
mimosaflower

Paulding Man

This is so heartbreaking..... and I personally would not call a woman a *mother* who knew her husband was violent and left her kids with him.. she should be charged also... she knew her husband was violent and left those babies with him. if she could not take the abuse what makes her think those babies could take it?

Your so right LR, this woman does not deserve the HONOR of being called mother. I heard this morning on the news that she's trying to get custody of the little girl!! Why does she want custody of a child that she so easily discarded a few years ago? :angry2: :(

Absolutely heart breaking. Seeing the sweet face of that beautiful little boy is so heartbreaking . I have no other words to describe how I feel, except deep anger for the monsters that let this happen. How could mother leave here babies to an animal? I can't wrap my head around it.

Rest in peace sweet boy.

From what they are saying on the news, all of the signs looked like the abuse had been going on for some time. Now--why had teachers (or like) not noticed anything unusual?? I understand that boys always have scrapes and bruises and such--but there is a difference in bruises from playing and bruises from a beating.

I can't think about this without getting a lump in my throat and feeling ill. I also can't help thinking about this child wondering why his 'mother' left him with this monster and where she was while this was going on. I can't get what his last moments must have been like out of my head, his dad was killing him and his mother left him there even though she knew that he was a violent, horrible man. OMG, this is too awful.

• Like 1

All children truly have in this world are their parents, they are defenseless. The only way they can be saved is for an adult to interfere and step in.

No parent is perfect, we don't all agree on how to raise children.

It never hurts to ask for an investigation if something does not seem right.

You would be surprised at the number of relatives that are aware or suspect. I think their obligation is much greater to help these children.

It is just so awful to think of this young man so afraid that he did not tell an adult.

Your so right LR, this woman does not deserve the HONOR of being called mother. I heard this morning on the news that she's trying to get custody of the little girl!! Why does she want custody of a child that she so easily discarded a few years ago? :angry2: :(

I seen a clip of her on the 6 o'clock news she sure did not look like a grieving mother, talking about the father and how She KNEW he was abusive!

1381848510[/url]' post='3848970']

From what they are saying on the news, all of the signs looked like the abuse had been going on for some time. Now--why had teachers (or like) not noticed anything unusual?? I understand that boys always have scrapes and bruises and such--but there is a difference in bruises from playing and bruises from a beating.

It's not always as obvious as hindsight would lead you to believe. The child was only in the current school for a quarter. I'm sure each and every one of his teachers are torn up trying to figure out how they missed the signs.....and if bad grades were truly the catalyst as reported earlier in the thread, God help 'em because there's no getting past that.

• Like 4

It's not always as obvious as hindsight would lead you to believe. The child was only in the current school for a quarter. I'm sure each and every one of his teachers are torn up trying to figure out how they missed the signs.....and if bad grades were truly the catalyst as reported earlier in the thread, God help 'em because there's no getting past that.

Where did he go to school?

What I'm not getting is, why he is only being charged with Felony Cruelty to Children and not First Degree Murder!!!

I'm confused if the father beat the boy to death or not. The article says that the boy was reported to have drowned and the police discovered marks on the body that are consistent with a history of abuse. The article does not speculate that the boy was beaten to death. The autopsy will show cause of death as drowning or trauma.

We could use a man like Earl Lee again. This POS never would have made it to the jail.

You got that right!!!

You would be surprised at the number of relatives that are aware or suspect. I think their obligation is much greater to help these children.

Sometimes relatives do know and do report to authorities.....and nothing is done. I know of a woman who was on drugs and was neglecting her children. She kept a filthy house and they kids had to fend for themselves. Both kids were under 6. DFCS was called. They called the woman, so she knew they were coming to investigate. When they got there, the house was spotless, the kids were clean, and she looked like she'd stepped out of a fashion magazine. Case closed. DFCS should not call before they show up. In this case, the relative was made to look like the bad guy for calling in a "false" report. After the case was closed, mom went right back to her drugs and neglect. She finally got clean, but the kids missed out on so much during the time she was consumed by the drugs. Luckily, she was not a violent person, and she did love her kids. She just wasn't capable of properly caring for them for a long time.

Sometimes relatives do know and do report to authorities.....and nothing is done. I know of a woman who was on drugs and was neglecting her children. She kept a filthy house and they kids had to fend for themselves. Both kids were under 6. DFCS was called. They called the woman, so she knew they were coming to investigate. When they got there, the house was spotless, the kids were clean, and she looked like she'd stepped out of a fashion magazine. Case closed. DFCS should not call before they show up. In this case, the relative was made to look like the bad guy for calling in a "false" report. After the case was closed, mom went right back to her drugs and neglect. She finally got clean, but the kids missed out on so much during the time she was consumed by the drugs. Luckily, she was not a violent person, and she did love her kids. She just wasn't capable of properly caring for them for a long time.

Happens far too often...:(

This makes me sick at my stomach. If both this man and Sparkles Lashayla Lindsey (accused in the Kilgore road rage murder) are found guilty, I hope that they have to spend eternity in hell together.

What the heck is wrong with people these days? :angry2:

What the hell kind of name is Sparkles Lashayla? Oh good grief!

I don't understand the mother at all. What kind of mother says she hasn't been allowed to see her kids in 2 years?? And now she is trying to get custody of the little girl. I googled her name and found an article on another TV station, it give a little more information. Then you go and search her on FB--she has a bunch of pics on there, but only 1 of her kids and it was put on there 10-15. Yeah--mother of the year alright. :ninja:

I don't understand the mother at all. What kind of mother says she hasn't been allowed to see her kids in 2 years?? And now she is trying to get custody of the little girl. I googled her name and found an article on another TV station, it give a little more information. Then you go and search her on FB--she has a bunch of pics on there, but only 1 of her kids and it was put on there 10-15. Yeah--mother of the year alright. :ninja:

What kind of mother abandons her children to an animal?

And I agree, when I first heard her speak on TV that she hadn't seen them in 2 years and then the next day she's trying to get custody of the little girl.......really? So now she cares?

She didn't have time for her kids, but had plenty of time for "selfies". I still haven't seen her shed a tear. Every time she is on the news I want to throw something at the tv to shut her up.

She didn't have time for her kids, but had plenty of time for "selfies". I still haven't seen her shed a tear. Every time she is on the news I want to throw something at the tv to shut her up.

I feel the same way. Poor kids to have to deal with a "mother" like this.

But one of these kids is now dead.....beaten to death by a "man" who was his father. A father beat his son to death! :(. From the story I read, the abuse had been going on for a while, likely most of his life. That's who I am focused on....the "father."

I hope they throw the book at him! Absolute trash without a shred of human decency. :angry:

Can you imagine the home life these kids had? Little better than being scared animals I'm sure.

Tonight (10/17) our community plans on coming together to raise funds for Eric Forbes a former Shelton Elementary student who was a 6th grader at McClure Middle. Eric was an energetic sixth grader with a love for football who died tragically this past weekend from suspected severe child abuse. The following locations will have events and fundraisers tonight:

~Crossroads Grille: fundraiser and raffle for some great donations made by local companies including a membership to Governors Gun Club

~Cedarcrest Pizza Shack: In memory of Eric Forbes, the Pizza Shack will donate a percentage of Thursday's sales to the Eric Forbes fund.

~Beef O'Bradys (Seven Hills Only): 10% of proceeds from Beef's tonight will go towards the Eric Forbes Fund

~If you cannot make it tonight, but would still like to donate to Eric's Memorial Fund, you can go to: http://www.gofundme.com/4u0ne0 and make a donation. All donations will be given directly to the funeral home.

Tonight (10/17) our community plans on coming together to raise funds for Eric Forbes a former Shelton Elementary student who was a 6th grader at McClure Middle. Eric was an energetic sixth grader with a love for football who died tragically this past weekend from suspected severe child abuse. The following locations will have events and fundraisers tonight:

~Crossroads Grille: fundraiser and raffle for some great donations made by local companies including a membership to Governors Gun Club

~Cedarcrest Pizza Shack: In memory of Eric Forbes, the Pizza Shack will donate a percentage of Thursday's sales to the Eric Forbes fund.

~Beef O'Bradys (Seven Hills Only): 10% of proceeds from Beef's tonight will go towards the Eric Forbes Fund

~If you cannot make it tonight, but would still like to donate to Eric's Memorial Fund, you can go to: http://www.gofundme.com/4u0ne0 and make a donation. All donations will be given directly to the funeral home.

Bless his heart.

Rest in peace little one. :(

May your "parents" get their just rewards.

1382036364[/url]' post='3849817']

Who is managing this fund and what is the money going to be used for?

Who is managing this fund and what is the money going to be used for?

I was wondering the same thing after reading this on FB

from Sergeant Morgan who is handling Eric's case - he wanted to be sure and inform the community that "Evergreen Funeral Home in Conyers, GA" has called and offered to completely pay for the service. He said that I need to be sure that we knew to pass this along to the family member that is planning the service because he does not know...

Another person said the remaining money will go into a fund for the sister that is in DFACS custody.

I was wondering the same thing after reading this on FB

from Sergeant Morgan who is handling Eric's case - he wanted to be sure and inform the community that "Evergreen Funeral Home in Conyers, GA" has called and offered to completely pay for the service. He said that I need to be sure that we knew to pass this along to the family member that is planning the service because he does not know...

Another person said the remaining money will go into a fund for the sister that is in DFACS custody.

There are actually two funds set up. You can go to the link above and get the contact information of the lady who is handling that particular fund. I know she is in close contact with the funeral home. All funds will go to pay any remaining funeral expenses, tombstone, etc. and I believe any remaining funds after that will go to a trust for the sister. I think all the services have already been planned:-( It will be at Williamson's Mortuary in Riverdale GA next week.

Only 2 funds? I think her sister has also set up a fund. Check out her FB page. Be careful where you are donating folks.

Edited by Spitfire

Whose sister?

The anti-mother. I just looked and I think she took it down.

Edited by Spitfire

First off, I can't stop thinking about this and what must have been going through that poor kids mind and how he must have suffered. I tear up every time I allow myself to think about it for too long.

Second, and I know people grieve in different ways, but the thought of that mother woman making any money off of this whole situation just makes me sick. I'm sorry, this just seems to be bringing out the worst in me. Lots of unchristian like thoughts have been popping into my head where this father and mother are concerned.

First off, I can't stop thinking about this and what must have been going through that poor kids mind and how he must have suffered. I tear up every time I allow myself to think about it for too long.

Second, and I know people grieve in different ways, but the thought of that mother woman making any money off of this whole situation just makes me sick. I'm sorry, this just seems to be bringing out the worst in me. Lots of unchristian like thoughts have been popping into my head where this father and mother are concerned.

I don't think so, it's bringing out your maternal instinct and your fierce need to protect.

Your an amazing person! :wub:

I am right there with ya. If that funeral home has offered to cover expenses--then they don't need it. Maybe for the hospital and ambulance--but that should also go directly to them. I know that she lost a child, but she was not a MOTHER and she certainly does not need to profit from his death--it won't bring him back. In my book, she doesn't deserve anything for that child. She did nothing to help him at all.

I am right there with ya. If that funeral home has offered to cover expenses--then they don't need it. Maybe for the hospital and ambulance--but that should also go directly to them. I know that she lost a child, but she was not a MOTHER and she certainly does not need to profit from his death--it won't bring him back. In my book, she doesn't deserve anything for that child. She did nothing to help him at all.

I agree, it's sickening that she may be trying to profit from the loss of her son.

• Like 1