Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
glassdogs

Feral Cat Problem

Our end of the neighborhood is infested with a feral cat and her litter.

Other than breaking out the Browning 12 gauge, any way to eliminate them?

One of our dumb-azz neighbors' un-neutered male is da daddy, they let him roam all over.

If they are in your yard and you want them not to hang out buy the biggest bag of fine black pepper you can find and sprinkle everywhere. They will move on. If you want them gone forever you will have to trap them and call animal control to take them. Good luck!

If they are in your yard and you want them not to hang out buy the biggest bag of fine black pepper you can find and sprinkle everywhere. They will move on. If you want them gone forever you will have to trap them and call animal control to take them. Good luck!

Thanks for the pepper idea. I was really hoping someone would give me the go-ahead to choot em. I really don't like cats to start with, and having this herd of them lurking around is gotten old.

Thanks for the pepper idea. I was really hoping someone would give me the go-ahead to choot em. I really don't like cats to start with, and having this herd of them lurking around is gotten old.

Cat.................the other white meat................

There are two humane options.

First, you can trap them, let Paulding Humane Society help fix them and then release them if any neighbors are willing to feed them (they are great for rat and snake control) OR

Trap them and take them to Animal Control to be humanely euthanized.

Traps are available for a refundable deposit at Animal Control.

The problem won't go away until someone is willing to take the time to do something about it (in a HUMANE way.)

• Like 4

Sure, go ahead and shoot them, then you can get arrested for animal cruelty. Then we can see your mug shot in the Busted Paper for Paulding County!

What kind of question is that to ask. Knowing dang well, you can't shoot them?!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to hit a running black cat on a dark night? 8)

You have to slow them down. Buy a gross of the glue boards for rats. Place them all around the yard and the flush the critter out.

You have to slow them down. Buy a gross of the glue boards for rats. Place them all around the yard and the flush the critter out.

Maybe all that pepper will make them slow down long enough to sneeze, a sitting target, ya know?

BTW, why black pepper and not Cayenne?

Maybe all that pepper will make them slow down long enough to sneeze, a sitting target, ya know?

BTW, why black pepper and not Cayenne?

Years ago when I did this all I could find in a 5lb bag was fine black pepper.

Years ago when I did this all I could find in a 5lb bag was fine black pepper.

So you ran all those damn cats off and they ended up on my street. Thanks, buddy.

Amazon has 5 lb pkgs of pepper, and Cayenne is about 1/3 the price of black pepper.

Brown Rice Kitten Cassarole

There is notthing tastier than kitten meat. Properly cooked, it tastes like a cross between chicken and cornish game hen. For true kitten meat connosiers, there is nothing better than kitten meat from kittens that were skinned alive. My six and eight year old just love it, and not only that, but I get them to help by holding the kittens as I remove their fur just prior to slitting their little throats (the kittens, not my kids:) We can hardly wait as each new littler is born to be able to make this tasty meal. And, by the way, the meat from newly-born kittens makes for great hors d'oeuvres if you're having any kind of get together, though plan ahead and freeze the kitten meat so you have at least four or five litters worth.

Ingredients

2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of asparagus soup

10 3/4 fluid ounces milk

1 1/2 cups water

1 pound chopped cooked kittens (use 6 kittens for a family of four)

1 cup uncooked brown rice

2 (14.5 ounce) cans French cut green beans

1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1 cup chopped onion

3 cloves garlic, crushed

1 tablespoon dried parsley

1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil

1 teaspoon dried dill weed

salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish. In a large bowl, mix the soup, milk, water, chicken, rice, green beans, cheddar cheese, onion, and garlic. Season with parsley, basil, dill, salt, and pepper. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, until rice is tender. If water is absorbed too quickly, add more as needed.

Serving Suggestion

Brighten your plates with kitten paws and tails. Use them to garnish the meal like parsley.

There is notthing tastier than kitten meat. Properly cooked, it tastes like a cross between chicken and cornish game hen. For true kitten meat connosiers, there is nothing better than kitten meat from kittens that were skinned alive. My six and eight year old just love it, and not only that, but I get them to help by holding the kittens as I remove their fur just prior to slitting their little throats (the kittens, not my kids:) We can hardly wait as each new littler is born to be able to make this tasty meal. And, by the way, the meat from newly-born kittens makes for great hors d'oeuvres if you're having any kind of get together, though plan ahead and freeze the kitten meat so you have at least four or five litters worth.

Ingredients

10 3/4 fluid ounces milk

1 1/2 cups water

1 cup chopped onion

3 cloves garlic, crushed

salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish. In a large bowl, mix the soup, milk, water, chicken, rice, green beans, cheddar cheese, onion, and garlic. Season with parsley, basil, dill, salt, and pepper. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, until rice is tender. If water is absorbed too quickly, add more as needed.

Serving Suggestion

Brighten your plates with kitten paws and tails. Use them to garnish the meal like parsley.

This also works with piping plovers

Ingredients

10 3/4 fluid ounces milk

1 1/2 cups water

1 cup chopped onion

3 cloves garlic, crushed

salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Serving Suggestion

I ate the bones. I ate the bones. I ATE THE BONES!!!!

• Like 1

First, you can trap them, let Paulding Humane Society help fix them and then release them if any neighbors are willing to feed them (they are great for rat and snake control) OR

The problem won't go away until someone is willing to take the time to do something about it (in a HUMANE way.)

What do you mean by "HUMANE way"?

What is "HUMANE"" about trapping them, then carrying them to Animal Control so they can be put in an oven hooked to an engines exhaust with other cats AND dogs?

Seems much more "HUMANE" to just shoot them(and not get scratched and bit).

Edited by roadcrosses
  • Like 1

Ingredients

10 3/4 fluid ounces milk

1 1/2 cups water

1 cup chopped onion

3 cloves garlic, crushed

salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Serving Suggestion

Oh jeez. Seriously? That's disgusting. Why would you put green beans in this?

What is "HUMANE"" about trapping them, then carrying them to Animal Control so they can be put in an oven hooked to an engines exhaust with other cats AND dogs?

So, I'm guessing that you have no clue how euthanasia is done any more.

Trap, and release is a very good way to keep the pest under control, along with controlling the colony.

As far as neighbor's un-neutered male. Funny how they disappear.

They are not gassed and never have been in Paulding County. They certainly aren't put in with dogs either. The gas chamber is illegal in Georgia shelters.

Running the animals off for someone else to deal with isn't helping. Believe it or not, there are neighborhoods that are glad to have feral cats for rodent control and work with the Humane Society to fix them so the multiplying stops.

Cats are great snake catchers. Of course, snakes are GOOD to have around if not poisonous, but hard to get that across too.

So, I'm guessing that you have no clue how euthanasia is done any more.

Trap, and release is a very good way to keep the pest under control, along with controlling the colony.

As far as neighbor's un-neutered male. Funny how they disappear.

And then sometimes Re-Appear Ball-less! ;)

• Like 1

Also if you know who the babies daddy is you can complain to animal control cats also fall under leash laws. But I like the traps better we have had to use one when a neighbor moved and left the cat who in turn came to my house to start a riot with my cats( which are all fixed) but I still felt bad for abandoned kitty

Ingredients

10 3/4 fluid ounces milk

1 1/2 cups water

1 cup chopped onion

3 cloves garlic, crushed

salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Serving Suggestion

This is why I will never hire you for odd jobs that you reply to. This is NOT funny.

• Like 4

I have kittens and a mama that showed up at my house yesterday. My daughter made me feed them. I intend to catch them and get them fixed......I don't want a cat problem. These are actually the first strays I've seen in my 9 years at this house so I'm thinking someone put their cat out.

I used to have coyotes and hawks.....

I have kittens and a mama that showed up at my house yesterday. My daughter made me feed them. I intend to catch them and get them fixed......I don't want a cat problem. These are actually the first strays I've seen in my 9 years at this house so I'm thinking someone put their cat out.

I used to have coyotes and hawks.....

In the area of EPHS? Black with a subtle dark tan tiger stripe?

Haven't seen the ones that were in our neighborhood for a while.

Ingredients

10 3/4 fluid ounces milk

1 1/2 cups water

1 cup chopped onion

3 cloves garlic, crushed

salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Serving Suggestion

You're one sick SOB !!!!!!!! Good luck with getting anybody's business !!!!!! :angry2:

• Like 1