Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
beautymaker06

tater salad

Everybody thinks they make the best. Mine is delicious and everyone loves it! Especially yankees :drinks:

I cube and boil the potatoes, then I drain and cool them before I mix my ingredients, that way it doesn't end up as mushed potato salad.

I mix together drained sweet salad cubes, chopped red onion, chopped celery and mix that with Kraft Real Mayo and a couple of squirts of yellow mustard (not too much). Add some salt, a little fresh crushed pepper.

Once the potatoes are cooled I fold in the mixture, add the chopped boiled eggs and fold until all is mixed. If it's a little dry just add some more Mayo.

It's so yummy I could just eat potato salad!!

For a fancy look, I save a couple of boiled eggs, slice them into quarters and place on top of the potato salad and sprinkle with paprika.

I've made it with a mayo sauce and an oil/vinegar sauce. Both are very good but my all time favorite is when sour cream is substitutes for mayo.

If I'm making it to eat at home I will use a mayo or sour cream mix. If I'm taking it somewhere or serving it outside I use the oil/vinegar recipe.

I make mine without mayo -

Cut up potatoes - boiled

finely chopped dill pickles

green olives chiopped

onions - chopped

garlic - chopped

mix potatoes - dill pickles - a little of the dill pickle juice; green olives - a little of the olive juice - onions - garlic

Mix in a good dquirt of brown mustard

Mix in about 1/3 bottle of italian dressing - regular kind - cheaper is better - don't know why.

Mix. I prefer it warm. My family prefers it refrigerated.

If you use the purple onion, what I call a red onion or Bermuda onion, it's really not strong at all.

That's why I use it, I can't stand overwhelming onion in salads.

Boiled cubed taters almost at the point of being mashed style.

Blue plate mayo

Sweet pickle relish

Half onion diced

Bell pepper.diced

Third cup.diced celery

Pimentos to taste

One table spoon mustard

Salt and black pepper

Mix all to a mess

Top with boiled egg slices

Top egg with paprika

I think it depends on what folks like. Sometimes I put celery in mine and others I don't. When we have a family get together--I have to put a small bowl aside without eggs (SIL doesn't like egs in his). I do use the basics (sweet pickel cubes, mayo, little mustard, boiled eggs,onions, salt and pepper). I also use a little bit of garlic and onion powder and then top with paprika.

Edited by tbird

If you use the purple onion, what I call a red onion or Bermuda onion, it's really not strong at all.

That's why I use it, I can't stand overwhelming onion in salads.

Hubby dont eat onions

Sweet relish is gross. It's much better with dill pickle/juice in it. And Miracle Whip instead of mayo. And green olive for garnish.

3 pound(s) small red potatoes, cubed bite-size 2 tsp salt 1 c celery, chopped 1/2 c mayonnaise 1/2 c sour cream 1 Tbsp brown sugar 2 tsp Dijonnaise style mustard 1/2 c green onion, chopped

Cook potatoes until soft in small amount of water, drain and cool. Combine potatoes, celery and onion. Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, brown sugar and mustard, then add potatoes, celery, and onion, and mix gently. Cover and refrigerate, the longer the better

Everybody asks me to bring the Tater salad.

3 pound(s) small red potatoes, cubed bite-size 2 tsp salt 1 c celery, chopped 1/2 c mayonnaise 1/2 c sour cream 1 Tbsp brown sugar 2 tsp Dijonnaise style mustard 1/2 c green onion, chopped

Cook potatoes until soft in small amount of water, drain and cool. Combine potatoes, celery and onion. Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, brown sugar and mustard, then add potatoes, celery, and onion, and mix gently. Cover and refrigerate, the longer the better

I don't understand why you would put sugar in your potato salad.

I don't understand why you would put sugar in your potato salad.

Cause its good. :lol:

It's only a tablespoon of brown sugar.

It all sounds good to me! Now I want some tater salad.

Brown sugar in tater salad?? Sounds delish, I'm trying it next time I make some.

potato

mayo

mustard

sweet pickle relish

1/2 packet of Italian salad dressing seasoning.

Best recipe I have ever made :)

I stopped eating potato salad when my inlaws served it hot and the potatoes were mashed (and there was enough mustard and celery seed in it to choke a horse). Bleck!

I will never understand why people make potato salad like mash potatoes.

That's why I let mine cool, I'll even put the potatoes in the frig to cool them down while I'm mixing the rest.

I can't stand mashed potato salad either.

I make some killer baked beans too, literally. LOL

I don't like potato salad (or any salad, tuna, pasta, etc) cold. I like it room temp. If I eat leftovers, I have to pop it in the microwave and get the chill off!!

I ave a friend that makes the best potato salad.

ingredients:

red potatoes

purple onion

dukes mayo

dill pickles

Bacon

boiled eggs

very small amount of mustard

I don't know how much of each ingredient she uses but OMG it is so good. :yahoo: She sprinkles crumbled bacon on the top of the salad and some paprika.

Now you guys have me wanting potato salad. Going to have to call friend and beg her for some good foods. :)

Edited by orrby

ingredients:

red potatoes

purple onion

dukes mayo

dill pickles

Bacon

boiled eggs

I don't know how much of each ingredient she uses but OMG it is so good. :yahoo: She sprinkles crumbled bacon on the top of the salad and some paprika.

Now you guys have me wanting potato salad. Going to have to call friend and beg her for some good foods. :)

Yes! I haven't ever used bacon, but I will now!

ingredients:

red potatoes

purple onion

dukes mayo

dill pickles

Bacon

boiled eggs

This is exactly how I make mine, minus the onion. I don't like mine sweet and bacon in potato salad is awesome.

And I thought this was gonna be a thread on Ron White...

I know, a bit disappointing isn't it?