Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
JSC

any one tried this restaurant?

Very good. Limited menu though. A couple of times there you've pretty much had all there is.

LOL. but if you are a creature of habit..... like me.. you get the same thing everytime. (my usual, etc)

We have been there a couple of times, I do NOT like cajun foods very much but, the Chicken Tenders were pretty darn good. Hubby loves this place. I think they had somekind of Green Pea Salad, it was pretty good, too. It was something different and I would try it again!!! The ranch dressing was good, also.

We went in Saturday try had a crab leg special hubby I thought was impressed then he suddenly change his mind he's weird when it comes to trying new restaurants! I don't eat seafood so I got the Jumbalya and it was cold but I think I'd give them another shot

I have been eating at this restaurant since they were in downtown Dallas.

Good food and the shrimp are from the US, so they are tasty.

Wife loves the shrimp Po Boys.

We have been there a couple of times, I do NOT like cajun foods very much but, the Chicken Tenders were pretty darn good. Hubby loves this place. I think they had somekind of Green Pea Salad, it was pretty good, too. It was something different and I would try it again!!! The ranch dressing was good, also.

Are the chicken tenders pretty spicy? I love cajun, but don't like sea food.

We tried them when they were in the little building next to the old courthouse in downtown Dallas. My hubby and I didn't care for it that much. Most of their stuff tasted too fishy to us. Although I did like their beignets, yumm yumm. Hubby liked their fried shrimp.

Edited by NinaBritt

Love it! We have been eating there since they were in downtown Dallas. I love their shrimp po boys. The shrimp is so fresh, plump, and deveined! I also love the beignets. The owner is very nice too.

We tried them when they were in the little building next to the old courthouse in downtown Dallas. Me and my hubby and I didn't care for it that much. Most of their stuff tasted too fishy to us. Although I did like their beignets, yumm yumm. Hubby liked their fried shrimp.

Yummy!!! There used to be a place in Buckhead called Huey's that had cajun food and we'd take our girls there every other month or so just for beignets. It was quite a treat, we were sad when they closed. We've never been to the restaurant in Hiram, but now we may need to.

Love it! We have been eating there since they were in downtown Dallas. I love their shrimp po boys. The shrimp is so fresh, plump, and deveined! I also love the beignets. The owner is very nice too.

YUMMMMM. I've been wanting a good shrimp po' boy. Gonna have to give it a try,

I hope they are more successful than the other restaurants that have been in that location. I am sure having an established customer base from their other location helps. I didn't care for the Mexican place there but enjoyed J-Rods when they first opened up. Good food, friendly owners but it went downhill fast.

The food at Cajun's is awesome. The fried catfish is great, as is the shrimp poboy. We stopped going to D'ville now that Cajun's is in Hiram. We're going tonite, so maybe we'll see some of ya'll there.

We have eaten there, I had the shrimp poboy and loved it, my husband is alergic to seafood so he eats the sausage/red beans and rice. Both are very good.

I wasn't too crazy about it. But I am spoiled with a place in Roswell that has better food than I have had in Louisiana. Adeles

We ate there when it was in Dallas, and then a couple times since they moved my only complaint is that a couple times we went and took a while to get service. But the owner is a nice guy who interacted with our daughter and made her laugh. My husband loved their veggie salad and used to get it to go.

I ate there when it was in Dallas, no complaints I hope they do well. As long as Gumbeaux is within a 100 mile radius I won't eat any where else as far as Cajun goes.

Are the chicken tenders pretty spicy? I love cajun, but don't like sea food.

The Chicken Tenders were not spicey at all, just lightly breaded and deep fried. Don't forget to ask for the homemade Ranch dressing!!! :good:

I ate there when it was in Dallas, no complaints I hope they do well. As long as Gumbeaux is within a 100 mile radius I won't eat any where else as far as Cajun goes.

That is the number one place IMHO. We go there at least once a month. I get take-out quite a lot because they are just a few miles from us. We have never had a bad meal there, and we have been going for at least eighteen years.

Limited menu? Maybe, but they change it all the time! My current favorite is Amy's Specialty Salad with either shrimp or chicken done to order. I get the grilled shrimp with my salad. Beautiful shrimp done perfectly tender! Never overcooked as can happen easily with shrimp. My favorite time is coming up. Crawfish time!!! I am so excited. We eat there at least 1-2 times a month. Raw oysters straight from Louisiana right now on Thursdays. We love it and have for over a year now. Actually, it is my favorite restaurant right now! Love the Purple Haze Albita Beer on tap too!

We actually ate there last night and really, really liked it. We started with a dozen raw oysters that were ice cold, firm, and wonderful. I had the Amy's House Salad with Gator bites and it was DELICIOUS and HUGE! My husband had red beans and rice with smoked sausage and the veggie salad, and both were also delicious.

We will be going back!

Tried it once when they were downtown, that was enough. While Gumbeaux's is pretty good, the best Cajun I've had around here is Henry's in downtown Acworth....so, so, so good.

mrnn

Tried it once when they were downtown, that was enough. While Gumbeaux's is pretty good, the best Cajun I've had around here is Henry's in downtown Acworth....so, so, so good.

mrnn

I KNOW Cajun...this wasn't excellent, but it was VERY good.

And local. And reasonably priced.

Like I said, we'll go back.

While I do appreciate "how is this restaurant" threads, I always think of my dad's stock answer when anyone asked him if a restaurant or some type of food was good.

He always said; It is if you like it.

While I do appreciate "how is this restaurant" threads, I always think of my dad's stock answer when anyone asked him if a restaurant or some type of food was good.

Good answer. And we liked it. Was it like "home"? No. But it was really good, and I wold encourage people to give them a try.

On Saturday nights they have snow crab for $12/lb. I haven't tried them so can't say if they are good or not, but based on what we had there last night, I'd be willing to try. It was tasty food. I hope they do really well.

:)

I KNOW Cajun...this wasn't excellent, but it was VERY good.

And local. And reasonably priced.

Like I said, we'll go back.

Maybe I'll have to give them another shot. I can't even remember what it was I got, it was shortly after they opened, but I do remember thinking that the garlic bread was the highlight of the meal.

Good point! I remember the one and only time I tried the BriarPatch. I was in the mood for some bbq and thought to myself, "eh, this place is always packed, must be pretty good!". I got the pulled pork from the drive-thru. I literally gagged on my first bite and had to spit it out the window of my moving vehicle. I tried to get that taste out of my mouth the whole way home and couldn't do it. I saved some for one of my sons and they about gagged too. Just atrocious. I guess a lot of people like it though so, "it is if you like it.".

mrnn

Had to try this place put.... We had gator bites... Yummy.. I had the shrimp po boy and hubby had gator bite salad.

Good food, good service, we will go back!

I love the Briar Patch. We eat there when we can afford to eat out. I get their coupons via email about 4am on Monday's. It's the only place I know you & I can get a light lunch for $1.75 if you drink water. I've always found the food to be fresh and plentiful.

It's so true what one person likes, another person dislikes. We see that often here on Paulding.com with many different types of business's.

It's the only place where I was told here on Paulding.com I had "frigging taste bud cancer" when I said I liked it.

We still laugh about that posting when we head to the Briar Patch.

To look at the parking lot I would say more agree with me than not.

Good point! I remember the one and only time I tried the BriarPatch. I was in the mood for some bbq and thought to myself, "eh, this place is always packed, must be pretty good!". I got the pulled pork from the drive-thru. I literally gagged on my first bite and had to spit it out the window of my moving vehicle. I tried to get that taste out of my mouth the whole way home and couldn't do it. I saved some for one of my sons and they about gagged too. Just atrocious. I guess a lot of people like it though so, "it is if you like it.".

mrnn

I'm wondering if you gave them an opportunity to make it right? Maybe if their pulled pork did not suit your taste maybe their ribs, pork chops, steaks, BBQ chicken, fried chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, beef, salads or stew might have been an acceptable correction?

I'm wondering if you gave them an opportunity to make it right? Maybe if their pulled pork did not suit your taste maybe their ribs, pork chops, steaks, BBQ chicken, fried chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, beef, salads or stew might have been an acceptable correction?

Hell no....if a "bbq" place can mess up pulled pork, a bbq staple, that badly and have "bbq sauce" that tasted like ketchup, I have no interest in trying anything else off of their menu. Just chalk it up as a restaurant to avoid.

Ziegler's in Acworth, now that's pretty good bbq. You'd probably hate it :D

mrnn

• Like 1

Hell no....if a "bbq" place can mess up pulled pork, a bbq staple, that badly and have "bbq sauce" that tasted like ketchup, I have no interest in trying anything else off of their menu. Just chalk it up as a restaurant to avoid.

Ziegler's in Acworth, now that's pretty good bbq. You'd probably hate it :D

mrnn

I would like to try it. Where are they located?

I would like to try it. Where are they located?

They're in the strip mall on the corner of Mars Hill and 41, right next door to the Brazilian Wax place :lol: . You have to try both of their sauces, really good. Here is their website (w/ menu).

mrnn