Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
CitizenCain

Sister of Newtown massacre victim

Sister of Newtown victim makes gun-control plea in letter to Obama

The tragic shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., have increased the calls for gun control around the nation and in Congress, but perhaps none have been as poignant as that from 10-year-old Natalie Barden, sister of victim Daniel Barden.

Natalie's letter,

My name is Natalie Barden and I wanted to tell the president that only police officers and the military should get guns. If people want to do it as a sport than they could go to a shooting range and the guns would not be able to leave there.

Daniel was laid to rest on Wednesday

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/anderson-cooper-reads-sister-victim-letter-intended-obama-151325260.html

I feel for her and all those impacted by the tragic shootings but I don't expect the country to change rights provided by the constitution based on the wishes of a 10 year old.

• Like 4

Sister of Newtown victim makes gun-control plea in letter to Obama

The tragic shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., have increased the calls for gun control around the nation and in Congress, but perhaps none have been as poignant as that from 10-year-old Natalie Barden, sister of victim Daniel Barden.

Natalie's letter,

My name is Natalie Barden and I wanted to tell the president that only police officers and the military should get guns. If people want to do it as a sport than they could go to a shooting range and the guns would not be able to leave there.

Daniel was laid to rest on Wednesday

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/anderson-cooper-reads-sister-victim-letter-intended-obama-151325260.html

Yes. Indeed.

My 10 year old also thinks that school isn't necessary and that pizza covers the entire food pyramid.

But, this will get LOTS of attention. LOTS of it.

• Like 1

I feel for her and all those impacted by the tragic shootings but I don't expect the country to change rights provided by the constitution based on the wishes of a 10 year old.

I don't suspect anyone thought it would.

Edited by CitizenCain

Yes. Indeed.

My 10 year old also thinks that school isn't necessary and that pizza covers the entire food pyramid.

But, this will get LOTS of attention. LOTS of it.

It doesn't?! :angry:

:lol:

It is sad that the President of the United States is using this tragedy as an opportunity to push his agenda.

Yep, once again my friend you are correct!!!!

• Like 2

What I don't understand is how it solves the problem. If someone is crazy and wants to kill people they will just find another weapon. Bombs, cars, airplanes, checmical. Mustard gas can be made my mixing household cleaners right?

• Like 2

I don't suspect anyone thought it would.

You know there are countries that ban private citizens from owning firearms. People that support that might consider moving there. Americans embrace and support the constitution, including the 2nd amendment. Too many have died defending it for it to be disregarded by those that fail to understand its purpose.

• Like 5

You know there are countries that ban private citizens from owning firearms. People that support that might consider moving there. Americans embrace and support the constitution, including the 2nd amendment. Too many have died defending it for it to be disregarded by those that fail to understand its purpose.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: SEMPER FI!!!!

• Like 3

I used to work with a team in China. Some of them got a chance to come to the US for a few weeks. The first thing they wanted to do was go to a shooting range. They had never held a firearm.

Ah yes and people affected by tragedy make such great decisions dont they? Im pretty sure alot of people in hindsight werent really happy about the patriot act....but hey who cares about rationale?!

Ah yes and people affected by tragedy make such great decisions dont they? Im pretty sure alot of people in hindsight werent really happy about the patriot act....but hey who cares about rationale?!

You do understand that Natalie is a ten year old that just went to her brothers funeral yesterday don't you Skippy ? I doubt she knows much about the Patriot Act.

Edited by CitizenCain

You do understand that Natalie is a ten year old that just went to her brothers funeral yesterday don't you Skippy ? I doubt she knows much about the Patriot Act.

So not just a a person affected by tragedy, but a ten year old affected by tragedy....those are the most rational good decision makers I know!clapping.gif

Maybe you should let her make some investments for you or something there, Slappy!

So, you're saying that her letter was an emotional plea caused by the loss of her brother?

Because if that's the case than it's certainly acceptable for the media to exploit it for ratings and web traffic. :rolleyes:

Who said anything about banning all guns? Way to jump to a conclusion.

• Like 1

To be fair I'm sure there are countries that only ban some guns that you're welcome to move to as well :rolleyes:

I'm sure there is a little brother or sister out there that has written a letter blaming a car for the death of their sibling. Where's the push to ban them? No disrespect to anyone involved in the CT shooting but there has to be some rational thinking here. If you think this could have been avoided if certain guns were illegal, you need help.

• Like 1

To be fair I'm sure there are countries that only ban some guns that you're welcome to move to as well :rolleyes:

Why should she leave ? Why not you , I'm thinking you would be in hog-heaven in a country like Syria or Afghanistan. All those guns and people to kill.

Why should she leave ? Why not you , I'm thinking you would be in hog-heaven in a country like Syria or Afghanistan. All those guns and people to kill.

Why should he leave? He's not trying to change the constitution.

• Like 1

By the way I didn't Jump to a conclusion. The letter said:

" My name is Natalie Barden and I wanted to tell the president that only police officers and the military should get guns"

That sounds like all guns to me.

Should she have written the letter? Yes

Should her parents have let her send it? Absolutely

Her good parents were wise to let her work through her grief in any way that suited her.

Should the letter have been released to the media? No

Should the media use it to gain readership? No

Should anti gunners exploit it? No

I'm sickened by the exploitation of this tragic situation, but neither will I sit idly by while people do it.

I'm sickened by the exploitation of this tragic situation, but neither will I sit idly by while people do it.

One mans exploitation is another mans news coverage and what is called in this country Freedom of the Press.

Dear Mr. President,

I am only 10 years old and alcohol has caused my family to be torn apart.

My daddy had to go prison for driving drunk and getting in a wreck and killing 2 little girls.

My mommy just lays around and drinks all day.

I have to cook and wash clothes for my baby brother Sam, he is 7, so he can go to school.

My sister is 14, but she is either drinking with our mommy or she is off smoking pot with her baby's daddy.

Please make sure that no one can ever buy alcohol, so this does not happen to anyone elses family.

Your friend,

Susy

WOW! Give this child a break, i mean really. This child just lost her sibling to a gunman, wth do you guys expect her to do?????? And just because a child writes a letter to our President doesnt mean we will lose our right to own guns. Some of you could really use a lesson on empathy. And yes i agree, this letter should of never gotten to the media but hey who are we to say the parents didnt or did want that. Let the child write her letter, let her grieve.This child is 10 and all she knows is some gunman killed her brother and yes i would expect her to not want anyone to have a gun.

WOW! Give this child a break, i mean really. This child just lost her sibling to a gunman, wth do you guys expect her to do?????? And just because a child writes a letter to our President doesnt mean we will lose our right to own guns. Some of you could really use a lesson on empathy. And yes i agree, this letter should of never gotten to the media but hey who are we to say the parents didnt or did want that. Let the child write her letter, let her grieve.This child is 10 and all she knows is some gunman killed her brother and yes i would expect her to not want anyone to have a gun.

Please see post #24. Pretty much sums it up.

I don't think there is anyone here that lacks empathy. I don't think there is anyone here that wouldn't throw there guns in the river if they thought it would have prevented the Sandy Hook tragedy. The cold truth is that it would not have.

• Like 1

She ain't from here anyway, some EU country I think, she spews "your America" , "Your CT". Those countries have their crazies as well, just most of the country are crazy.

It's sad that so many people cannot put their campaign for guns aside for long enough to see the misery this poor little ten year old child must be feeling for the loss of her brother.

I had no idea so many cold hearted people lived in Paulding county.

• Like 1

It's sad that so many people cannot put their campaign for guns aside for long enough to see the misery this poor little ten year old child must be feeling for the loss of her brother.

That angle isn't going to work either. Most of us can see right through the bullsheet. Hey I know! Why don't you try the poor black child angle?

Please see post #24. Pretty much sums it up.

I don't think there is anyone here that lacks empathy. I don't think there is anyone here that wouldn't throw there guns in the river if they thought it would have prevented the Sandy Hook tragedy. The cold truth is that it would not have.

im sure everyone would do away with guns IF they thought this could have been prevented by doing so. I dont think that every letter, post, or any kind of writing that has the word gun in it should be a topic about the government taking away gun rights.

• Like 1

im sure everyone would do away with guns IF they thought this could have been prevented by doing so. I dont think that every letter, post, or any kind of writing that has the word gun in it should be a topic about the government taking away gun rights.

Really? Did we read the same letter? :blink:

I'm not going to feed you anymore, troll. Your credibility was destroyed earlier today, and you wisely abandoned the topic and decided to spread your poison in new posts. You're obviously miserable and entertain yourself by trying to make others just as unhappy. Using the words of a grieving ten year old girl as bait is the lowest.

I encourage others to ignore your posts so that maybe you'll dry up and take your garbage elsewhere.

You never gave a reason behind posting this article you simply left it and said nothing. Second nobody here has said "This girl shouldnt be sad" or "F*** her!" we have simply stated he plea is not rational and not feasable.

But just so you dont have to leave feeling wrong, allow me to be cold hearted to you so you know youre right...

I hope you get a scorching case of the clap from a very hideous looking person.

...or does it make me warm hearted because I wanted you to be right? Such dichotomy!

You never gave a reason behind posting this article you simply left it and said nothing. Second nobody here has said "This girl shouldnt be sad" or "F*** her!" we have simply stated he plea is not rational and not feasable.

But just so you dont have to leave feeling wrong, allow me to be cold hearted to you so you know youre right...

I hope you get a scorching case of the clap from a very hideous looking person.

...or does it make me warm hearted because I wanted you to be right? Such dichotomy!

Marry me?

One mans exploitation is another mans news coverage and what is called in this country Freedom of the Press.

Oh, you mean that other Constitutional right? :rolleyes:

mellow.gif Hum as usual. The two have nothing I common except a horrible tragedy an People fail to see the real cause of this being the use of a military weapon on little kids and just think this was a isolated issue and find a way to blame the president.

Hey do you blame him for everything wrong in your life too?

1356036655[/url]' post='3740363']

Yep, once again my friend you are correct!!!!