Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
drosser

Person Shot

Cross street of Cedarcrest Road. Rescue 11 in route.

23 year-old male, conscious and breathing. Accidentally shot himself in leg. He is an employee of the pawn shop.

23 year-old male, conscious and breathing. Accidentally shot himself in leg. He is an employee of the pawn shop.

prayers going up for the young man

Mo ron....

I do hope he is ok but... mo ron

• Like 1

Evidently, it must not have been too serious. I didn't even hear the transport information.

The one and only time I fooled around with my guns while drunk was back around 1982.

I was in the living room and was unloading a .22 semi-automatic pistol and shot my girlfriend

Cabbage Patch Doll through the head.

Yes, I murdered an innocent Cabbage Patch Kid.

(never did like that doll)

ETA: It was an accident and I learned a good lesson.

Hope this guy does the same.

Edited by stradial

The one and only time I fooled around with my guns while drunk was back around 1982.

I was in the living room and was unloading a .22 semi-automatic pistol and shot my girlfriend

Cabbage Patch Doll through the head.

Yes, I murdered an innocent Cabbage Patch Kid.

(never did like that doll)

ETA: It was an accident and I learned a good lesson.

Hope this guy does the same.

Those dolls are creepy. Nice shot.

Those dolls are creepy. Nice shot.

Yep. For a drunk guy that wasn't aiming, it was pretty good.

In the left side and out the right.

I wonder if she every noticed, those .22's don't make a big hole in a Cabbage Patch Kid's head. (Plus it was in the hair line)

FYI, 38s don't leave a big hole in your ceiling either. pardon.gif

Hunting knives leave nasty holes in your walls, though.

Yep. For a drunk guy that wasn't aiming, it was pretty good.

In the left side and out the right.

I wonder if she every noticed, those .22's don't make a big hole in a Cabbage Patch Kid's head. (Plus it was in the hair line)

One of my family was amazed how his empty Syg .380 put a .380 diameter hole in their kitchen table.

Amazing!

My .22 that got that Cabbage Patch Kid was empty also.

Like I said, I was lucky that I got to learn or re-learn two big lessons and the cost was just a Cabbage Patch doll.

1. All guns should be treated as loaded.

(yeh, I know this is a basic #1 lesson, but it really hit home with this deal)

2. Drunk people should not play with guns.

• Like 2

Could someone split this topic? I think it's important to continue this discussion and see how many of us, as "responsible" gun-owners, will admit to our mistakes, that could have had devastating consequences.

mine: About 20 years ago, my husband had just picked up his 30-06 ... not sure of the exact position or anything, but it blew a small hole in the ceiling of our home!

When I was in the Army as an MP we always had to clear our weapons in a clearing barrel before turning them in. There was a National Guard troop working with us and he went to clear his Barrett 9m. He jacked the slide back but then let it go forward instead of locking it open like you are suppose to. He then promptly killed the clearing barrel. When the gun went off it scared him, and the rest of us, and he dropped it on the ground. I then watched him bend down, pick it up, remove the magazine and before I could stop him he killed the clearing barrel again.

At about that time the NCOIC came up and snatched the weapon away from the guy. We had a good laugh.

My husband always carried his .38 when we went to Atlanta. One night we pulled in the garage and he opened the door to get out of the car. When he did, the .38 fell out of his lap and hit the floor, discharging into the ceiling. He wasn't drunk and neither was I. It was just a freak thing.

Drunks also should not play with knives. To this day, more than 30 years later, you can still see the outline of the knife that a friend threw into our wall. It was mere INCHES from my head. And no, I don't believe the friend was ever allowed to return if he was drinking. He soon became an ex-friend, too.

My husband always carried his .38 when we went to Atlanta. One night we pulled in the garage and he opened the door to get out of the car. When he did, the .38 fell out of his lap and hit the floor, discharging into the ceiling. He wasn't drunk and neither was I. It was just a freak thing.

Drunks also should not play with knives. To this day, more than 30 years later, you can still see the outline of the knife that a friend threw into our wall. It was mere INCHES from my head. And no, I don't believe the friend was ever allowed to return if he was drinking. He soon became an ex-friend, too.

Unless your revolver has a floating firing pin that can only be fired when the trigger is pulled back, all revolvers should be carried with an empty chamber under the firing pin to prevent firing from being dropped of something striking the hammer.

Yep, there a lot of things drunks shouldn't be allowed to touch.

Edited by stradial

We had no explanation for why it fired. Hubby thought the chamber was empty. He has since gotten rid of that revolver.

I can think of at least a dozen things drunks shouldn't be allowed to touch and that doesn't include the obvious things of cars, knives and firearms. pardon.gif

Unless your revolver has a floating firing pin that can only be fired when the trigger is pulled back, all revolvers should be carried with an empty chamber under the firing pin to prevent firing from being dropped of something striking the hammer.

Yep, there a lot of things drunks shouldn't be allowed to touch.