Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
lowrider

CLAYTON COUNTY OFFICER DIES........

I heard this on the news this morning. He was reported in "grave" condition, just reported he has died.

The officers were called to a "domestic dispute" at the Motel 6 last night. The officer was shot in the head twice and had been on the job 4 months.

It's so sad, especially right before Christmas.

I'll try to find a link.

Prayers for the family and fellow officers.

The shooter was killed by police.

source

Clayton Co officer dies after being shot in head

Posted: Dec 17, 2012 3:29 PM EST

Updated: Dec 18, 2012 8:46 AM EST

CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. -

A Clayton County police officer has died after being shot twice in the head during a gunfire exchange with a suspect on Monday, authorities said. Officer Sean Callahan, 24, died at 5:16 a.m. on Tuesday.

The suspect died in the shootout, which occurred at a Motel 6 on Davidson Parkway in Stockbridge just after 2 p.m.

Callahan was among those who responded to a domestic call at the motel, according to Clayton County Police Chief Greg Porter. The officers attempted to take a couple into custody when a male suspect tried to run away, according to Clayton County PD press release.

The officers began chasing after the man, who began shooting towards them. Callahan was shot two times in the head, according to authorities. Officers returned fire, fatally wounding the man, according to police.

Callahan was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital in critical condition, Porter said.

He underwent surgery late Monday afternoon and died early Tuesday morning, say authorities.

You know when I heard "grave" condition on the radio about 8:00 this morning, I already knew he was gone. He passed at 5:16 this morning. It just pulled at my heart for the family.

I remember when Princess Diana was reported in "grave" condition on TV, I knew she was already gone.

My 7-year-old grandson says he wants to be a police officer. This is why I don't want him to. I pray he changes his mind as he gets older. Prayers for the family and friends of this young officer.