Paulding.com

Structure fire on Hwy 92 in Hiram

I had planned a quick trip to Wal-Mart on my way to work this morning. I hadn't heard anything about this but, once I got down that way, there were a whole lot of flashing lights and everyone was turning around. Couldn't tell what was on fire. There are houses down there, along with the church, bank, and daycare. If anyone hears what burned, please post. I also hope no one was injured.

I guess I'll go to Wal-Mart after work!!!

Paulding 911 Communications Center sent out the following message around 6am:

Paulding County E-911 advises you to AVOID H92 just south of Rosedale Drive.

A Structure fire has closed H92 just south of Rosedale Drive and will require a detour of traffic for the next few hours

I just came through and from what I could tell, it may have been a house. It was not the bank or daycare. A fire truck was in the parking lot of the church at the fire hydrant and another was positioned at the top of a driveway across the street. I could not actually see what had burned since the driveway is a long one and heavily lined with trees. Whether it was a home or some kind of outdoor structure like a shed, I couldn't tell. Either way, I hope no one was injured.

When I went by at 5:20 am the flames were as high as the trees(30-40ft) It was not a small shed fire. It was a barn or house.

After work I drove home that way but you can't see anything from Hwy 92.

I hope no one was hurt.