Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
lucky64

You know how people from here meet up for lunch?

I was thinking and I know some or maybe the majority of you won't go a long with it.

But would it be such a blast to get all of us together and have like a huge fun day/ picnic of some sort at a park?

Have a grill, cook some chicken, hamburgers, hotdogs, everyone bring drinks, side dish (bought or homemade), plates etc...

We can pick a date, start of list on what people are going to bring.

Bring your family/kids, have games there. Just have one hell of a fun day with p.com people?

Pubby can film it or do a piece on it post it. It might help to get people to come back that use to come here.

What do you guys think?

Used to happen way back in early pcom days regularly. There was a good group of people who show up for lunch and such. I think there was a crackdown on it by pubby for some reason or another. Something to do with using Paulding.com to schedule it or being the reason behind it. Someone else will probably chip in to fill in the blanks or correct me.

Original P Commers coming back??? Probably not... Thanks to Pubby and crew.. It used to be a good thing..Not now... Paulding County TMZ!! LOL

Really? Just to get the people on here together with their families for a fun day at a park. That would be so much fun! We talk to each other just about every day, we laugh, bitch, cry, all together. We all at one time understand exactly what someone is going through, we jump for joy when someone get's preggo, graduates, win a game. We are sadden when someone lost a love one, a pet. We freak out together over snakes, spidars, phoba's.

We not actually get together and bond even more than what we do here. People can actually meet someone face to face and become life long friends, not just a nonface on a forum.

Original P Commers coming back??? Probably not... Thanks to Pubby and crew.. It used to be a good thing..Not now... Paulding County TMZ!! LOL

Please don't turn this around. We haven't had a nice thread in a very long time, that can bring people together.

• Like 1

I like it better, NOW, Cableman!

I got tortured enough from those people. There are some real nice people on P.com now. They allow everyone there opinions, without biased hit jobs.:drinks:

• Like 1

I was thinking and I know some or maybe the majority of you won't go a long with it.

But would it be such a blast to get all of us together and have like a huge fun day/ picnic of some sort at a park?

Have a grill, cook some chicken, hamburgers, hotdogs, everyone bring drinks, side dish (bought or homemade), plates etc...

We can pick a date, start of list on what people are going to bring.

Bring your family/kids, have games there. Just have one hell of a fun day with p.com people?

Pubby can film it or do a piece on it post it. It might help to get people to come back that use to come here.

What do you guys think?

Count me in, I'll bring the kale soup!

Really? Just to get the people on here together with their families for a fun day at a park.

It used to happen pretty often with lunches. A couple events got pretty large.

People started scheduling their own things and it was shut down. Not sure if that is still the practice now, but it could explain why no one is doing it.

• Like 1

Lucky: I never intended to turn this around.. I appreciate what you are trying to do. I hope it works out good for all of you. But I am an original P Commers from the day when things were great until KING Pubby and crew decided that we can't be real on here.. Just ask anyone.. Things have changed because this is not your place to say and do what you want.. Welcome to the Kingdom... What you are doing was an every weekend event with P Commers.. And Now... Good Luck!! :good:

I like the idea, Lucky

and I don't know what converse and cableman are talking about.

pubby

Really? I'm sure cableman and I both have stories that could help bring back memories.

Really? I'm sure cableman and I both have stories that could help bring back memories.

Well then ya'll could come and tell em ... you'd be invited.

pubby

Please, again, don't turn this thread ugly. I want this to be fun!

• Like 1

I like the idea, Lucky

and I don't know what converse and cableman are talking about.

pubby

So, Pubby, can I use this forum to try to put this together? Like, have a poll, and let the majority of the people to pick the park. Then have a thread on what games, food, drinks, plates and such they can bring? If the thread could be a sticky that would be great this way we don't have to hunt for it. Also, in the same pole, pick the day, date, time.

Please, again, don't turn this thread ugly. I want this to be fun!

Not trying to turn it ugly at all. A lot of the stuff that happens on the board now is child play compared to years back. Even so many of the "board foes" would still cross paths at meet-n-greets without any issues. I'm not sure that could happen now though...

It was a way to put faces with names and figure out which online line personality match a person in real life. Oddly enough, one of the few people I ever invited to my house was one of p.com's most liberal members. On the board we were opposites politically but in person we got along fine.

Lucky... We will keep this positive... A good THOUGHT??? :clapping:

Thank you so much!! I just hope people would love to do this. It would be like a huge family reunion but a p.com reunion. I believe it will be a blast. Especially if everyone helps out, bring games and what not. We can pick a park that little one's have swings and slides, and maybe water where some can fish, I think this could be wonderful. I hope people will do this.

We all pitch in. I can get the girls to make a very nice fun sign. Oh, hell, I'm on a roll! I love planning things.

It still breaks my heart the flash mob didn't happen. That would have been a hoot. Oh and we can have music. I know a great dj if he is still around, or we can vote on a band, who would like to do this out of their goodness of their heart and join in the fun as well.

PUBBY... We still love ya.. But the restrictions today are way beyond... And remember.. YOU created me back in the day.. You need us back.. :pardon:

Lucky... It can happen... But we gotta check with the Ruler Almighty PUBBY!! LMAO!!! :rolleyes:

Not trying to turn it ugly at all. A lot of the stuff that happens on the board now is child play compared to years back. Even so many of the "board foes" would still cross paths at meet-n-greets without any issues. I'm not sure that could happen now though...

It was a way to put faces with names and figure out which online line personality match a person in real life. Oddly enough, one of the few people I ever invited to my house was one of p.com's most liberal members. On the board we were opposites politically but in person we got along fine.

I hear ya, and I understand. The way I am on here, is the way I am in person (add more cussing tho) just my vocab. But, not the F-bomb, I have to be seeing red to say that.

As for what you just posted, that would give people a chance to really meet someone face to face and talk out what ails each other. It could be a good thing. Let others really get to know you other than from a forum, and if anyone still don't like the next person, well, they know they have tried. Also, this is a good way to set an example for our children.

I think this is a very positve thing to do and not to mention something fun!!!

PUBBY... We still love ya.. But the restrictions today are way beyond... And remember.. YOU created me back in the day.. You need us back.. :pardon:

Lucky... It can happen... But we gotta check with the Ruler Almighty PUBBY!! LMAO!!! :rolleyes:

He liked the idea! Happy dance!!

You need us back.. :pardon:

This place will never be the same without old pleather pants... Besides, many of the old members are gone or simply don't have the time or desire to put the effort in that is needed to play like the "old days". I feel like an old man reminiscing...

Well then, the people that are here now, will come....I'm hoping.....even the vistors on here are welcomed.

I hope it works out for you. I'd say start small with a few lunches or dinners and build out from there. Let people start meeting each other in smaller groups so they can get comfortable. After a while you'll learn most are ok but there are a few that turn up that'll weird you out!

I hope it works out for you. I'd say start small with a few lunches or dinners and build out from there. Let people start meeting each other in smaller groups so they can get comfortable. After a while you'll learn most are ok but there are a few that turn up that'll weird you out!

Then my fun will begin. LMBO!!! I haven't ever been known to be a quiet person!:drinks:

I remember those days...........The Halloween party at the Cotton Gin....was awesome.....we used to meet for breakfast....those were the days...I so much :yahoo: enjoyed...

You give up to easily, lucky

One of the real secrets of life is that people want to be asked personally ... or in this case ... invited especially.

pubby

I guess no one is interested. It's all good, I tried!

I am interested and I am sure others are as well. It takes a little time to get the message spread around.

How would I do that? I can't send out invitations, and it would take me forever to pm everyone on here. Any suggestions?

I really want to do this for everyone. We can share dishes that we make, there is so much fun to be had.

This sounds like a Meet & Greet. Folks will need time to get ready for one. It would probably be best to try for a Saturday because so many work during the week.

The good ole days were wonderful when people would innocently go to a meet and greet, then people would use personal info gleaned there to take things off this board and get people fired. I can sure tell how much the local businesses miss vindictive customers using p.com to destroy their business.

Pubby and crew are not the least bit sorry to see rude, vindictive and just plain nasty people have moved on.

Drama may be entertaining on tv, but when you are hurting people that is something else. We didn't run any nice people off. Hateful people ran nice people off.

You don't see folks doing stuff on their facebook pages like they do here, and when they do try it they get told were to go, by their friends.

• Like 1