Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
MissSophie

If you live in the Rose's Store area?

It's in the middle of nowhere.

I've often wondered if the people that live out that way go to Bremen/Buchanan, possibly Villa Rica or travel to Hiram.

Nothing is "close" to Rose's store but it is about equal travel time to either Villa Rica, Rockmart, and Hiram in my opinion. There is also Publix at New Ga and stuff like that. The eating places are the same you have to drive a little bit to get anywhere.

I've often wondered if the people that live out that way go to Bremen/Buchanan, possibly Villa Rica or travel to Hiram.

All the above! :)

• Like 1

My ex in-laws live out there. Not much better than what is was back in the 80's!! Nothing is close. It would drive me crazy to live out there.

I am right by Rsoes. I shop at Publix New GA. Bank in Villa Rica, shop in Villa Rica and Rockmart the most, sometimes Breman Walmart. Its all about the same distance away. I plan my trips to Hiram and Dallas wisely cause its a treck to go daily.

• Like 1

My sister lives out there.

She shops and eats mostly in Villa Rica.

As far as church, I know the Pastor at Holly Springs Baptist on Holly Springs Road you should try there.

I shop in Hiram or Villa Rica. Bank in Hiram. Don't go to church. :drinks:

Though I may find one with a great youth program to sign my kids up to. My step daughter goes to a church youth program and seems to adore it.

Yes we do!!..... :)

I've asked about that place a couple of times but no one responded. Please share some info!

2nd the ewww we ate there once...not impressed and slow.

• Like 2

I've asked about that place a couple of times but no one responded. Please share some info!

Is that the old Meril's BBQ? If so, we got a pizza from there once, it was kinda okay, I've heard they have added things to there menu.

I live 5 miles from Rose's in Yorkville. We have been here over six years now. Yes, it's a drive but you get used to it and it's nice to come home to peaceful country area than all the traffic in Hiram. From my house it's 8 miles one way to Rockmart and 12 miles the other to Dallas. Most of the time I shop at Wally World in Rockmart it's always nice, clean and ten times less crowded than Villa Rica or Hiram.

The best mexican food is El Nopal in Rockmart and we go to Pizza Hut,and Rockmart also has some of the normal fast food places.

I'm afraid to :ninja:

We got pizza there once and that was more than enough for us. We didn't even eat the whole thing. We didn't care for the taste. Everyone in the house compared it to not so good freezer pizza. When we were there they ran out of cheese for the pizza :blink:

My friend says they have great subs though. I don't know if we'll ever be brave enough to try though and we are the types to always give a small, family owned, local business a chance.

Is that the old Meril's BBQ? If so, we got a pizza from there once, it was kinda okay, I've heard they have added things to there menu.

yup it used to be Merles

I live 5 miles from Rose's in Yorkville. We have been here over six years now. Yes, it's a drive but you get used to it and it's nice to come home to peaceful country area than all the traffic in Hiram. From my house it's 8 miles one way to Rockmart and 12 miles the other to Dallas. Most of the time I shop at Wally World in Rockmart it's always nice, clean and ten times less crowded than Villa Rica or Hiram.

The best mexican food is El Nopal in Rockmart and we go to Pizza Hut,and Rockmart also has some of the normal fast food places.

Dang I didn't realize we were so close to Rockmart. Maybe I need to start going out there.

Union Community has some of the best schools if I may say so :ninja:

Triangle and Walmart in Rockmart and Pizza Farm is the BEST!!!

:good: We're about 1 mile from Rose's, go to Rockmart very often, not crowded and a lot less traffic. Pizza Farm is awesome !!

• Like 1

I second Oh no. That pizza is dreadful. Those Totino's pizza's are like Johnny's Pizza compared to that place. Awful!

• Like 1

I live in Buchanan. I grocery shop at wal-Mart in Bremen (10 min). I bank in Villa Rica (15 min) I go to the movies in Carrollton (30 min). My parents live in Burnt Hickory (30 min) my doctor is in Marietta (45 min). I love driving ( it relaxes me) so I do not mind all the driving. Where I live it's peaceful and no traffic. Plus I'm 15 min from the interstate and Douglasville is not all that far.

Oh !! And The Steak House is in Rockmart ( 20 min) and its the BOMB!!

If Rose's sells beer, what else would you need?

:lol:

I have no idea if they sell beer or not, I've never been in there.

If Rose's sells beer, what else would you need?

:lol:

I have no idea if they sell beer or not, I've never been in there.

They do...not that I went there and got some while wearing a sombrero and fake mustache on Cinco de Mayo or anything.

Well, I guess I'll just skip that place.

It is very peaceful out here but I do feel isolated sometimes. The driving doesn't bother me too much. Its made me get better with leaving with enough time so when I met friends I'll be on time.

Friends, you know who you are.... :ninja: :)

We live like 3 minutes from Roses and to me i can go any way and be somewhere to shop in 15 minutes or less. VR, Bremen/Buchanan, Rockmart, Dallas or Hiram. I love to live out here, grew up in Hiram when it wasnt so congested, well there was nothing, like it like that

Ew!!! :ninja:

Hmmm... We just got food from there a few weeks ago and it was really good. All 4 of us enjoyed it.

Potato pizza, fried mushrooms, cheesesticks, fried pickles & poppers.

I'm about to move out that way in about 6 weeks. Grew up in Hiram too and hate all the congestion. Can't wait to get back to the country life. Glad someone posted this.

As far as church I'll keep going to my church. Praise Tabernacle on Hiram Lithia Springs Rd.

Edited by Prince4ever

I live by Roses store and love it out here. I do most my shopping in Villa Rica. Our family attends Holly Springs Baptist Church on Holly Spring Road.

We live like 3 minutes from Roses and to me i can go any way and be somewhere to shop in 15 minutes or less. VR, Bremen/Buchanan, Rockmart, Dallas or Hiram. I love to live out here, grew up in Hiram when it wasnt so congested, well there was nothing, like it like that

When they put the stop light on Nebo, it was time to move. Close enough to shop, far enough to enjoy the country, 1/4 mile off the highway... :good: