Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
drosser

Hiram Wal-Mart

Around 6:00, I was shopping at Wally World and, when I went out to my car, there were 4 Hiram police cars parked in the space beween the garden center entrance and the main entrance. It's the area where they take the shopping carts in. I didn't see any activity while I was inside, but I was on the grocery side.

I am so nosey!! Does anyone know what happened? I can't imagine needing 4 police cars for a shoplifter.

Doughnut sale?

Oh man....that is funny and original too! :wacko:

Around 6:00, I was shopping at Wally World and, when I went out to my car, there were 4 Hiram police cars parked in the space beween the garden center entrance and the main entrance. It's the area where they take the shopping carts in. I didn't see any activity while I was inside, but I was on the grocery side.

I am so nosey!! Does anyone know what happened? I can't imagine needing 4 police cars for a shoplifter.

They had a call of 3 or 4 shoplifters in a group and all were combative with the employees who tried to stop them.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

Probably nothing, they always park there. They NEVER park in a parking space.

They better not. Any officer who parks a duty ready patrol car in a busy parking lot unattended is asking for trouble. These cars are filled with loads of expensive electronics and weapons while on duty and much of it is in plain view.

Edited by Ugadawgs98
  • Like 1

They better not. Any officer who parks a duty ready patrol car in a busy parking lot unattended is asking for trouble. These cars are filled with loads of expensive electronics and weapons while on duty and much of it is in plain view.

I think they have door locks, or something like that to keep people out. I could be wrong, but doubt it.

• Like 2

I think they have door locks, or something like that to keep people out. I could be wrong, but doubt it.

Too bad the windows are made out of glass which provides a one second barrier to an opportune criminal.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

I was thinking the cars would be more vulnerable, parked in their driveways at home everynight. :pardon: I have never been a fan of this idea. I don don't think they should be allowed to take the cars home!!! But, they didn't ask me!!! :rofl:

Seeing that there have been a lot of car breakins, here lately.

I was thinking the cars would be more vulnerable, parked in their driveways at home everynight.

Weapons and the like are secured by various security systems off duty including removal from the vehicle. On duty they are normally carried in a manner to make them more accessable which also makes them an easier targer for criminals.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

So what do you think they do with their cars when they are on a call for service? Unload all the crap and bring it in with them?

Edited by hurstrsq
  • Like 1

So what do you think they do with their cars when they are on a call for service? Unload all the crap and bring it in with them?

The danger of theft on the average call compared to situations where the officer is inside a huge store with his car hidden away in a busy parking lot are two different scenarios.

I am still curious about the shoplifters at Walmart. They catch them?

Yes....a group went to jail with probably much more than simple shoplifting charges.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

Thank You! My kept waiting too see and after 2 hours I figured I had ask then get out of the way. :rofl:

The danger of theft on the average call compared to situations where the officer is inside a huge store with his car hidden away in a busy parking lot are two different scenarios.

Yes....a group went to jail with probably much more than simple shoplifting charges.

So basically you have no clue what you are talking about. :D

So basically you have no clue what you are talking about. :D

Ummm....Ok.

I have been in a patrol car for about 10 years and have yet to have anything stolen.

Edited by Ugadawgs98
  • Like 1

We were gonna eat Mexican food at the plaza yesterday afternoon and two police cars were circling the parking lot close by. We said nope think we will eat at different location.

We were gonna eat Mexican food at the plaza yesterday afternoon and two police cars were circling the parking lot close by. We said nope think we will eat at different location.

Don't let them scare you.

Police are ALWAYS in that parking lot, go figure.

But they never gave a single ticket to the people that park along the curb in the Fire Lane (putting everyone at risk), the blue gore lines, or those illegally parked in the handicapped spots.

I wish Dallas and Hiram would make an effort to write tickets for that for just one day and I want to watch while those people just can't understand the big deal.

Must have been some very combative shoplifters to require 4 cars. I'm glad they got caught!!