Paulding.com

Georgia Power Luncheon Presented by Paulding Chamber of Commerce

Paulding Chamber of Commerce - Georgia Power Luncheon - Thursday, August 4, 2011 at the Paulding County Senior Community Center 54 Industrial Way, Dallas, GA 30132 Start time 11:00 AM Networking and 12:00 Meeting & Lunch. Cost $20.00 members prepaid/$25.00 Members at door/$25.00 non-members prepaid/$30.00 non-members at door.

Call Yolanda Newell, Small Business Development if you have any questions 404-416-4946.

Speaker - Mr. Louis Miller, General Manager - Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport

Hmm. Is Paulding going to be the eventual home to Atlanta's 2nd commercial airport?

I can answer that.....NO!

Our terrain is WAY too hilly and steep to consider building runways as needed for commercial traffic, and without any kind of a reasonable feeder roadway system to Hartsfield from here, that ain't gonna happen.

Atlanta also still owns another chunk of potential airport land south, I believe near Griffin or Barnesville, and it is much flatter there.

No our airport will be a private airport for some of the rich and famous to park their planes and some politicians and businessmen to fly in and out of on occaision. Don't see much else anytime soon.

Is this open to the general public?? Or, Is this only for the Chamber of Commerce and Georgia Power people?

This is basically a very large networking meeting for business folks.

Pubby always tapes these speeches and puts them on the fastread page listed by date.

People that skip the front page miss a lot of taped county and meetings that would keep them informed about what goes on in the county.

We continually are ask questions on here that are easily answered correctly by watching the video tapes on the Fastread page. Many times when you ask a question about local Gov. on here you get an opinion.

This is basically a very large networking meeting for business folks.

Pubby always tapes these speeches and puts them on the fastread page listed by date.

People that skip the front page miss a lot of taped county and meetings that would keep them informed about what goes on in the county.

We continually are ask questions on here that are easily answered correctly by watching the video tapes on the Fastread page. Many times when you ask a question about local Gov. on here you get an opinion.

I thought any interested citizen was welcomed to attend. They just have to pay a little more, is that correct?

Cost $20.00 members prepaid/$25.00 Members at door/$25.00 non-members prepaid/$30.00 non-members at door.

I thought any interested citizen was welcomed to attend. They just have to pay a little more, is that correct?

Cost $20.00 members prepaid/$25.00 Members at door/$25.00 non-members prepaid/$30.00 non-members at door.

That's correct -- Chamber members pay a lower price than those who are not a member of the Chamber.

Yes I believe you can, I was letting her know that it was mostly businesses.

It is always best to RSVP so that you will have a seat also, but yes everyone is welcome to attend.

My intention was not to be discouraging about attending, sorry if I came across like that.

Yes I believe you can, I was letting her know that it was mostly businesses.

It is always best to RSVP so that you will have a seat also, but yes everyone is welcome to attend.

My intention was not to be discouraging about attending, sorry if I came across like that.

I thought you just forgot to add that part. :wub: Thanks Millcreek!!!!