Paulding.com

End of the School Year!

Just wanted to check in and see what everyone is doing for the summer months?

I am working and when not at work, going to the pool. I don't have any major fun trips planned, but I wish! If you'll share (in this thread) what your summer plans are for you and the kids--we will enter you for a chance to win 4 free tix to each one of the children's events listed below! Winner will be chosen this Friday afternoon, so you have all week to enter. We will take your screen name and put it in a hat and then pull out the winner randomly. It's all very scientific and fair. :)

Thanks for 'playing' and good luck!

Off the Cobb Comedy Improv Returns to the Dallas Theater!

Saturday June 4th

Children’s Show at 5:00pm

Regular Show (18 and up) at 7:00pm

Off the Cobb is an absolutely hilarious night of improv comedy, where the audience is a part of the show! Think “Whose Line is it Anyway?” done your way! The OTC (Off the Cobb) offers comedy improv shows that are interactive and fast paced and allow the audience to help the actors create scenes on the spot.

The troupe has headlined at Atlanta’s Punchline and is returning to the Dallas Theater for the one night only in 2011! It’s a different show every time because our audiences help us keep it fresh. Join us for a one of a kind experience

THAT PUPPET GUY

(Lee Bryan) in….

The Big Bad, Little Red Pig Show

June 15th at 2pm (Wednesday)

Look out! Little Red is ridin' into your 'hood and the Big Bad Wolf is working double-time in this twisted, tangle of tales. Two childhood favorites have been cleverly "squished" together with just one Big Bad Wolf to share in all the hilarious fun! Meet the trio of delightful little pigs including Hamlet, Miss Barb B. Que and their very famous cousin Kevin...Kevin Bacon! We huffed and puffed new life into this production through the use of rod puppets, hand puppets, clever music and an original script.

The Dallas Theater presents

THAT PUPPET GUY!

(Lee Bryan) in….

Circus Fanta-Sea Thursday July 7th at 11am and 2pm

Join Captain Tater Tot, the Pirate Captain and Ringmaster, who loses all his circus cargo in a mighty storm at sea. This aquatic adventure features puppets made from recycled plastic bottles. Circus acts include: a tap dancing Octopus, a unicyclist Seahorse, and a tightrope walking Starfish. But did Seymore the Shark come to join the circus... or just eat it?

Concludes with a behind-the-scenes demonstration of puppetry styles used in the show

For info on ticket prices and our other shows, please visit our website at

http://www.dallastheater-civiccenter.com

As of May 23rd, we do have a few spaces left in our drama camps for ages 7-9 and ages 13-15

(all other weeks are full). Please see website for further details.

ok, I will play. :lol:

My daughter is graduating and just started a job. So I guess we won't be doing a whole lot now. At first I had planned to visit Florida with the kids but now I am not sure that my daughter will have the days off. So I may just check about going to Gulf Shores or something for a few days.

Otherwise...we are going to do a whole lot of nothing....and we are gonna enjoy every minute of it. :good:

I will be working this summer. However my boys will be going to Tennessee for the summer to visit the grandparents. They love doing this and I do to because they each go one at a time. So it's great one on one time with each of them. For us and the in laws.

16 year old will be attending summer softball workouts at the high school twice a week, then swimming and hanging out with her boyfriend in the rest of her free time. 13 year old will have football workouts/camp and then probably play Playstation the rest of the time. 10 year old is probably playing a little summer baseball and then fishing and hanging out with my dad, his Pop, a lot! No family trips planned as we are going to Disney World/Universal Studios for fall break in September.

We will be visiting the library every week, we have annual passes to the aquarium, we will be visiting sara babb pool and park, and hubby just joined a co ed softball league so we have a full summer planned. However, we will be planning at least 1 stay at home day every week! Happy summer!

My kids are being used for slave labor...that's right, I said it...they are at home, they can earn their keep! lol :ph34r: :rofl:

There is no reason I can think of why people with kids our age should have to lift a finger to do anything when were home.

Mine will try their hand at interior decorating and I at "letting go"....they get to redo their rooms in whatever style THEY choose. :blink: We have passes to Six Flags (although I refuse to go once it gets really hot), at least one trip to Dixieland Fun Park and IF we raise enough funds each one of my girls won scholarships to take Master Dance Classes in Las Vegas. Notice I said they won scholarships for classes, everything else is at mommy & daddy's expense... :p We'll be out and about trying to EARN the money. I can't stand it when people stand around begging for money for nothing in return :nea: .

We're going to take a few fun day trips: Nantahala river rafting, The Lost Sea caverns in TN, and tubing down the river in Helen. Otherwise, getting braces is the big event of the Summer for my daughter. How exciting!

Our summer is jammed packed full. Both boys will be visiting relatives in KY for a week. Youngest has soccer except in July. Oldest has cheer except in July. Oldest will be teaching a week of leadership training to other Boy Scouts (co-ed - there are high school girls in Boy Scouts called Venturing). Youngest and I will be at summer camp for a week in Covington. Then we're home for two weeks - though hubby may take them with him on a work trip to DC. Then, our big summer adventure - driving out to Cimmeron, NM to drop off oldest and 7 other scouts and adults so that they can backpack for 12 days while my mom, youngest, and I tour around the west - Grand Canyon, Chaco Canyon, etc. Then, the drive back. At that point, we have a week until school starts and I"m thinking we'll sleep.

Sounds like a packed summer to me.

My 13 year old is going to start out the Summer by going White water rafting with his Dad. Then he and my 14 year old are going to RUSH camp with about 530 other middle and high school kids. My youngest will be going to SURGE camp later in June where the rest of us will be helping out.

We will start off July with a family trip to Lake Michigan (my folks have a place up there so we all~my siblings and our families) try to get together one week a year. LOVE this week!

When we get back it seems like my daughter will have about a week before Band Camp starts. She's very excited!! Go Raiders.

Then it is back to school.

Personally I hope to be working fairly consistantly and I would also like to go to The Melting Pot (never been) and do one of the painting things at Paint N Party on June 4th (I want to do the palm tree one). That place looks cool~~anyone want to join me? It's $25 but I think if we can get $10 people it will drop to $15.

Oh and I did take advantage of the Stars and Strikes Groupon so we will be going there a few times as well as hitting Sun Valley Beach. We have season passes but I have a feeling this will be our last year having them.

And lastly I hope to spend some time at the amazing, wonderful, spectacular Dallas Theater!!

As a current stay at home mom (laid off in August 2010) it will be the first time in 10 years that I've been able to spend any real time with our four kids during the summer. :yahoo: I am excited about that! But... the 4 yr old broke his arm last week. Long arm cast for the next 4 weeks, that changed our plans. Still looking for some reasonably priced ideas for what we can do- Free tickets would be awesome :clapping:

We will spend a week in Gatlinburg. We'll hike, do Dollywood, do some touristy stuff, hang out in the cabin. Then the kids will go to Scout camp for a week. And finally, we'll wrap up the summer camping at Gulf Shores for a few days. In between, we'll hang out at the pool.

I am a stay at home/work at home mom so I will be spending the summer with 5 & 2 year olds. We normally do Six Flags season passes but decided not to this year and instead we got a above ground pool for the back yard. So we will be spending time around here. Also when we need some sand time we love the VFW Lake off Buchanan Hwy. I am a member of nwatlantamommies.com and we will be doing stuff with them all summer. Steive B's tour,Coldstone tour,park days,movies,free cartoons at the Dallas theater etc...I will also be working during the summer to grow my Avon business.

We've got a week in Florida planned. We'll be spending weekends at the grandparent's pool, and weekdays playing in the yard and riding bikes. I'd like to get to the Tellus museum at some point, and my middle child wants to go to Rock City and Ruby Falls.

Middle child also has some summer reading to do since he's going to be in ALL advanced classes next year!

My daughter just turned 13 so we are going on a special trip to Gatlinburg in a few weeks and her favorite aunt and Granddad are also joining us :) Then for the 4th of July we are all going to Orange Beach and my kids are so excited because their cousins are coming too! Other than that we'll be hitting up a lot of the free movies in Hiram while helping the food bank :)

Right now we do not have anything planned. My two boys will have to spend most days at the sitters since both parents work.

expenses are pretty tight, so maybe some day trips are in order this year. We used to go to the beach for a week, but with the gas prices the way they are that is probably nixed this year.

Wife has had to use most of her vacation/sick days so looks like if we go anywhere it might just be me and the two boys.

Anyone got some suggestions on where to go with a 12yr and 6yr old boy that is not too far away?

Right now we do not have anything planned. My two boys will have to spend most days at the sitters since both parents work.

expenses are pretty tight, so maybe some day trips are in order this year. We used to go to the beach for a week, but with the gas prices the way they are that is probably nixed this year.

Wife has had to use most of her vacation/sick days so looks like if we go anywhere it might just be me and the two boys.

Anyone got some suggestions on where to go with a 12yr and 6yr old boy that is not too far away?

Helen and go tubing down the river!!

I am having fun reading what all you and your kiddos are up to this summer. I would love to go rafting in North Georgia, and I have never been to the GA Aquarium, I need to make that trip.

And a tour of Coldstone Creamery sounds awesome! Maybe beacuse I have an ice cream craving right this minute~ :)

Keep the posts coming and we will be choosing a winner on Friday!

going to myrtle beach for about a week and the rest of the summer is at SunValley Beach! On rainy days, the movies or just resting up for the next sunny day! Ah...live is simple and good! :wub:

I'm raising a grandson, and construction hasn't been that good for the past few years ( my profession). So, we're doing the "natural thing-mostly. As a Cub scout leader, we are going to Cub Scout day camp, the week after school lets out. I'm working there so it won't cost to much., and it will be loads of fun-bee-bee's, archery, outdoor cooking, crafts, building, knots, macrame, and scouting skills, including flag ettiquite.If anyone is interested, call John Volk at 770-714-8432-he's the director this year. Then, a week off and the following week off to encampment-6 days of nothing but camping out and boy type fun. In between times, we're going to go to High Shoals falls (off 61) a cool place to go with a waterfall and stream, down in the woods. My grandson and I were Baptized there last year and it holds a lot of good memories for us both. Probably will hit Coots Lake a few times, and go back to the Villa Rica Gold mine for panning and hiking. There's a place in GA where you can go amethyst mining for not to much money-so, we're going to try that. Lots of lakes for fishing, swimming, and picnics. Hoped to visit my daughter in Florida, but won't be able to if work doesn't pick up. Have a friend in North Carolina on the beach, and we'll spend a weekend with her-more swimming and surf fishing! Got a pool in the back yard, and will get as much use out of that as possible (along with a lot of the kids in the neighborhood) Going to keep up the "Back-Pack" program for our school (providing food for kids from the school who need it), and teaching at the Sunday school on Sundays (funny how that works out!) At $5.oo a ticket, we will catch a few more Rome Braves games, and tail-gate our dinner in their parking lot. That's an absolute HOOT-much better than going into downtown Atlanta.Maybe go up into the mountains once or twice for tubing in the streams-cold, cold water-great to cool off in ( to say the least) Other than that, tending to my garden ( want those home grown veggies ), getting the grass to grow, starting a multi-family chicken co-op for eggs, listening to the crickets at night with some fire-fly catching, the birds chirping in the morning, and if we're lucky, listening to the rain on the roof once in a while. I also like to hear the wind blowing through the pines when I can-magical sound. Finally, want to try camping at the Veterans camp on 101, and Tanner Park again-love camping. Well, that's it. WHAT DO YOU THINK!!!

I'm raising a grandson, and construction hasn't been that good for the past few years ( my profession). So, we're doing the "natural thing-mostly. As a Cub scout leader, we are going to Cub Scout day camp, the week after school lets out. I'm working there so it won't cost to much., and it will be loads of fun-bee-bee's, archery, outdoor cooking, crafts, building, knots, macrame, and scouting skills, including flag ettiquite.If anyone is interested, call John Volk at 770-714-8432-he's the director this year. Then, a week off and the following week off to encampment-6 days of nothing but camping out and boy type fun. In between times, we're going to go to High Shoals falls (off 61) a cool place to go with a waterfall and stream, down in the woods. My grandson and I were Baptized there last year and it holds a lot of good memories for us both. Probably will hit Coots Lake a few times, and go back to the Villa Rica Gold mine for panning and hiking. There's a place in GA where you can go amethyst mining for not to much money-so, we're going to try that. Lots of lakes for fishing, swimming, and picnics. Hoped to visit my daughter in Florida, but won't be able to if work doesn't pick up. Have a friend in North Carolina on the beach, and we'll spend a weekend with her-more swimming and surf fishing! Got a pool in the back yard, and will get as much use out of that as possible (along with a lot of the kids in the neighborhood) Going to keep up the "Back-Pack" program for our school (providing food for kids from the school who need it), and teaching at the Sunday school on Sundays (funny how that works out!) At $5.oo a ticket, we will catch a few more Rome Braves games, and tail-gate our dinner in their parking lot. That's an absolute HOOT-much better than going into downtown Atlanta.Maybe go up into the mountains once or twice for tubing in the streams-cold, cold water-great to cool off in ( to say the least) Other than that, tending to my garden ( want those home grown veggies ), getting the grass to grow, starting a multi-family chicken co-op for eggs, listening to the crickets at night with some fire-fly catching, the birds chirping in the morning, and if we're lucky, listening to the rain on the roof once in a while. I also like to hear the wind blowing through the pines when I can-magical sound. Finally, want to try camping at the Veterans camp on 101, and Tanner Park again-love camping. Well, that's it. WHAT DO YOU THINK!!!

I think you have a wonderful summer planned! Sounds like your grandson is in for a really relaxing, educational and fun summer. It's so great to read about people taking their kids outside for so many different outdoor activities. Nice!

Wow.....Are you married? :lol: J/K! Sounds like a fabulous plan. Have a wonderful summer!

Pretty boring until July! Then we have 3 camps! the first week in July is a church camp, the 2nd week in July is a church camp in Myrtle Beach and then the last week in July is Theater Camp at the Dallas Theater!!!!!

I will probably be taking off a day here or there to spend with DD during the summer so she doesn't have to spend EVERY day with the grand parents, and we'll probably hang out at the pool. We will do our ONE trip to Six Flags, but other than that, which ever way the wind blows is probably how we will plan!

Wow.....Are you married? :lol: J/K! Sounds like a fabulous plan. Have a wonderful summer!

Actually, no, I am not married, but I am female!!! Dad was "Charlie", and I'm his only child. After moving south, I found that Charli was a perfectly acceptable name ( I use Charli-ann sometimes so that there is no gender confusion) Would love to find a good man who loves fishing, camping, canoeing, hiking, scouts, shooting guns, riding horses, and farm life, but there are none left it seems.You'd think being loads of fun, not to hard to look at, and the worlds most incredible cook would help, but no luck.

Actually, no, I am not married, but I am female!!! Dad was "Charlie", and I'm his only child. After moving south, I found that Charli was a perfectly acceptable name ( I use Charli-ann sometimes so that there is no gender confusion) Would love to find a good man who loves fishing, camping, canoeing, hiking, scouts, shooting guns, riding horses, and farm life, but there are none left it seems.You'd think being loads of fun, not to hard to look at, and the worlds most incredible cook would help, but no luck.

:rofl: NOW it all makes sense! :lol: :lol: I've always hated the name Charlie for a guy (my dad's name is Charlie, too :ninja: ) but LOVE the name Charli for a girl. Seems like a strong, sassy female name.

Hey, with those credentials, maybe I'm still interested! :rofl: My guess is that most guys feel intimidated by you. May need to "up" your standards...lol.

We're planning something new this summer. Stepping into the dreaded cheerleading and football arena. Should be interesting. Wonder how long we'll last. :ninja: Never done well with nasty parents. Meditating and chanting..."going in positive"...."parents are people,too"....

:rofl: NOW it all makes sense! :lol: :lol: I've always hated the name Charlie for a guy (my dad's name is Charlie, too :ninja: ) but LOVE the name Charli for a girl. Seems like a strong, sassy female name.

Hey, with those credentials, maybe I'm still interested! :rofl: My guess is that most guys feel intimidated by you. May need to "up" your standards...lol.

We're planning something new this summer. Stepping into the dreaded cheerleading and football arena. Should be interesting. Wonder how long we'll last. :ninja: Never done well with nasty parents. Meditating and chanting..."going in positive"...."parents are people,too"....

Oh God! Didn't know how much that sounded like a "lonely hearts club" ad-Oh well. Any way, that's me-strong and sassy (and getting a little old), but still fiesty and full fo spunk ( now that almost sounds nasty!) Upping my standards is on my agenda-tired of doing for others (men) and not getting in return. I'm not a male basher though-love the home life routine, just tired of the kind who keep on taking and complain all the way. The next one better have more testosterone then me.

I think you have a wonderful summer planned! Sounds like your grandson is in for a really relaxing, educational and fun summer. It's so great to read about people taking their kids outside for so many different outdoor activities. Nice!

Thanks for that vote of confidence! So hard when his friends are going on cruises, Disney World, and the like. makes me seem cheap and boring. It's hard to be a grandparent raising a kid-didn't plan on the expense at my age, and have to budget carefully to make ends meet (especially with things the way they are) Still, even if some big remod jobs comes my way, I don't think I'd change much-except to see my daughter in Florida. She has Lupus, and I've almost lost her a few times in the last few years. She lives a block or so from Miami Beach, and that would seem like a 1st class resort vacation, even though we'd be sleeping on the floor.

Thanks for that vote of confidence! So hard when his friends are going on cruises, Disney World, and the like. makes me seem cheap and boring. It's hard to be a grandparent raising a kid-didn't plan on the expense at my age, and have to budget carefully to make ends meet (especially with things the way they are) Still, even if some big remod jobs comes my way, I don't think I'd change much-except to see my daughter in Florida. She has Lupus, and I've almost lost her a few times in the last few years. She lives a block or so from Miami Beach, and that would seem like a 1st class resort vacation, even though we'd be sleeping on the floor.

Amen to that...

We will be spending LOTS of time in the pool (if Tow EVER gets done putting it up!) this summer. We have passes to WW and 6F, but I have to work during the week so the boys are kinda stuck at home with nothing to do.

Amen to that...

We will be spending LOTS of time in the pool (if Tow EVER gets done putting it up!) this summer. We have passes to WW and 6F, but I have to work during the week so the boys are kinda stuck at home with nothing to do.

How old are the boys?

15 and 13

Well, at least at that age, you can leave them without to much worry. As long as they don't invite the whole neighborhood into the pool things shoud be OK. My grandson is 9, and I have to be around for him or arrange for someone else to be with him. When work is popping, he gets a hard hat and a tool belt! The boy can drive a farm tractor already,- has been driving it since he was 5. I need to get a bobcat, and put him to work. Oh God, nobody better call DEFAC-they'll be charging me with child labor! Still at almost 5" tall and 125 lbs, nobody would know the difference-he's already bigger than some of those illegals I see working on the side of the road-Anybody looking for a good American worker?