Paulding.com

This year, Paulding County has a real choice in whom to elect to represent District 19 in the Georgia House of Representatives. We can choose to elect a leader with a vision—who understands the problems and proposes real, workable solutions. Or we can choose to elect someone who campaigns on empty rhetoric, and instead relies on party affiliation to cruise to victory.

By now, I feel I have become a familiar face on Paulding.com. I have openly and honestly answered questions posed to me, in stark contrast to my opponent, who has yet to appear in an open forum, despite the fact that two have already taken place. We are at a crossroads in Georgia. Paulding County has 12% unemployment, much higher than the state average, and if we are to bring jobs back to the area, we need to have solutions to the problems befalling education, transportation, and water.

I believe in the sanctity of education, and as your Representative, I will always work to preserve and improve the quality of education throughout the state of Georgia. This past session, we have seen our elected officials vote to slash education funding, which has led to—amongst other things-- increased class sizes, numerous furlough days, a poorer quality of education, and a defunded HOPE Scholarship. These are all both unacceptable and avoidable. We must find alternative sources of revenue, all the while without raising our income taxes.

With the new hospital in the works and getting ready to break ground, this is an excellent opportunity to expand our campus of Chattahoochee Tech to include a nursing program. If we can do this, we can graduate Paulding County students from a Paulding County school to go directly to a Paulding County job.

I have proposed solutions, such as a Point-of-Sale Bill, instituting Sunday Sales, removing outdated tax exemptions given just to large corporations, and adding a small levy on the sale of tobacco—a bill proposed last year by a Republican, and supported by a bipartisan coalition of elected officials. I believe that these, as well as other, proposals can work in concert with one another to bring significant amounts of revenue into Georgia’s coffers.

We also must tackle the problem of a poor transportation infrastructure head-on. I believe we should look towards a statewide expansion of destination rail, however we must also address our own shortcomings right here in Paulding County. That means expanding Highway 92 between I-75 and I-20 as well as directing traffic towards our new airport. In order to promote industries settling in Paulding, we also need to add more spurs to the state railroad system.

Paulding County has been dependent on someone else's water for far too long. Frankly, this has been and will continue to be a hinderance in attracting new industries to employ our local workers. We are all tired of hearing that the reservoir is coming, but never seeing it happen. The time to make it happen is now if we want to attract industry to our county. We have to be able to provide our job makers and our citizens with water today, tomorrow, and 10 years from now.

These are just a few of the problems facing District 19 as I see them, and a couple of solutions we can explore in an attempt to improve our county. I could sit here and write my platform in buzzwords, but all that does is give you a good little soundbyte. Politics-- and our futures-- are not about tiny clips of words. The problems, and their solutions, facing us are complex, and District 19 must elect someone who can understand those nuances. I know I am the person who can do just that.

As always, I am here to listen, answer questions, and propose solutions. Though there is just over a week left, I hope to have the opportunity to have an open forum with my opponent so that you, the voter, can easily distinguish between the two of us. My cell phone number remains 770-508-8823, and my email is Will@AveryforGeorgia.com.

I hope to be able to earn your vote on November 2.

• Like 3
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This year, Paulding County has a real choice in whom to elect to represent District 19 in the Georgia House of Representatives. We can choose to elect a leader with a vision—who understands the proble

I am disappointed in your response in that you have no qualms about letting illegal immigrants attend, you are only concerned with how they pay for it. Because they have committed a crime or have ben

I had asked previously if you had any proof of your quote "Paulding County has had representation that has worked for themselves and the corrupt developers..."

You responded:

The fact that our leaders at the state level have removed and never seriously considered impact fees speaks volumes to me. We have put the burden of area improvements on roads and schools back on homeowners rather than allowing developers to help foot the bill along with homeowners. In most areas of the country this is something that is expected. This in now way implies anything being "illegal."

Don't many developers have to improve infrastructure to the area of their development? Don't they run the sewer lines and improve roads in the area? Isn't there a large tap fee for connecting to water and sewer that is part of the price paid by the purchaser?

I'd expect a retraction of the comment regarding previous representation working for corrupt developers if you have no proof. Just admit that you made a mistake and were grandstanding when you gave the interview.

Good luck in the election. I appreciate your being available for questions and comments in this forum.

I had asked previously if you had any proof of your quote "Paulding County has had representation that has worked for themselves and the corrupt developers..."

Don't many developers have to improve infrastructure to the area of their development? Don't they run the sewer lines and improve roads in the area? Isn't there a large tap fee for connecting to water and sewer that is part of the price paid by the purchaser?

I'd expect a retraction of the comment regarding previous representation working for corrupt developers if you have no proof. Just admit that you made a mistake and were grandstanding when you gave the interview.

Good luck in the election. I appreciate your being available for questions and comments in this forum.

That is the problem with the impact fee situation. Very few developers actually had to pay for infrastructure improvements. They worry about the area of roads at the entrance to their subdivision and the rest was either forgotten about or was put upon our local tax payers to improve. As far as the sewer situation, this is precisely why our counties' sewer system is over burdened as it is. Our local sewer system can not handle the volume because of the lack of sewer infrastructure improvements to the system as a whole. I will say that not all developers have abused the system of development, and working as a land surveyor for many years, I have worked closely with some great folks and some not so great folks.

Bottom line is infrastructure improvements, have for years, fallen on the backs of county tax payers.

What are your views and what legislation would you support or not support concerning the ability of illegal immigrants and the children they brought with them to Georgia to attend Georgia public universities? Do you believe they should be allowed to attend? Should they be prohibited from attending? If you believe they should be allowed to attend, do you think they should pay in-state or out-of-state fees? Should they have to provide proof of citizenship to the school? Tuition paid by students only makes up a portion of the cost of attending and the balance is provided by the taxpayers of this state, as I'm sure you are well aware, based on your efforts to protest proposed cuts to Georgia Universities in March of this year.

Edited by cobbobig

What are your views and what legislation would you support or not support concerning the ability of illegal immigrants and the children they brought with them to Georgia to attend Georgia public universities? Do you believe they should be allowed to attend? Should they be prohibited from attending? If you believe they should be allowed to attend, do you think they should pay in-state or out-of-state fees? Should they have to provide proof of citizenship to the school? Tuition paid by students only makes up a portion of the cost of attending and the balance is provided by the taxpayers of this state, as I'm sure you are well aware, based on your efforts to protest proposed cuts to Georgia Universities in March of this year.

Great question, and it is a huge issue right now. You are exactly right, that the in-state tuition only covers a small portion of the total expense of that student attending a public college. The out-of-state tuition is formulated to cover the real cost of that student attending the same public university. I DO NOT think that any student that is not a resident of Georgia, much less of the US should be given in-state tuition rates. Our state's taxpayers should not subsidize the remainder of the cost of the student. I do however think that we should allow student visas to students that do want to pay full out-of-state price for attending a Georgia university. These students should definitely not be allowed access to the HOPE scholarship either.

Great question, and it is a huge issue right now. You are exactly right, that the in-state tuition only covers a small portion of the total expense of that student attending a public college. The out-of-state tuition is formulated to cover the real cost of that student attending the same public university. I DO NOT think that any student that is not a resident of Georgia, much less of the US should be given in-state tuition rates. Our state's taxpayers should not subsidize the remainder of the cost of the student. I do however think that we should allow student visas to students that do want to pay full out-of-state price for attending a Georgia university. These students should definitely not be allowed access to the HOPE scholarship either.

I am disappointed in your response in that you have no qualms about letting illegal immigrants attend, you are only concerned with how they pay for it. Because they have committed a crime or have benefitted from the commission of a crime of their parents, I believe they should not have the opportunity to attend at all. Further, I do not want to see an amnesty program that grants those already here a student visa.

Edited by cobbobig
  • Like 3

I am disappointed in your response in that you have no qualms about letting illegal immigrants attend, you are only concerned with how they pay for it. Because they have committed a crime or have benefitted from the commission of a crime of their parents, I believe they should not have the opportunity to attend at all. Further, I do not want to see an amnesty program that grants those already here a student visa.

I said we should allow student visas for people wanting to attend college. I too am against amnesty and believe people should go through legal means to attend.

I said we should allow student visas for people wanting to attend college. I too am against amnesty and believe people should go through legal means to attend.

Wouldnt' a student visa be granted to someone while they are still in another country and had applied properly? After receiving the visa then they would be allowed to come to this country?

The GAE endorsed Roy Barnes....he has stated that he would do away with teacher furloughs. Where do you stand and what are you going to vote to help the teachers, the slide cannot continue. I agree education needs to move back to the top, but you start with the teachers. I was told recently that systems have given teachers money to offset furlough days. Why did Paulding County not do this. Some states have used a 1/2 cent tax for education for a 5 years period with no renewal. But, you cannot sell this because of the toll road on 400 that is paid for. Thanks for being open to the public, because evidently your opposition does not care....

You responded:

When Austin was in charge of the Planning and Zoning Board, he told me point blank in open session that he had never seen a residential development in Paulding county that was self supporting and never expected to. I asked him if he honestly expected the taxpayers of Paulding county to pay for PRD in this county, and he answered yes, that is the cost of growth. I say "Bull crap". This county has for too long raised property taxes to fund infrastructure for low end residential development. Development that was in large part carried out by those developers politically and financially connected to the previous board. It's a matter of public record who built the crap shacks in this county and who made contributions to the campaigns of the Commission. The Commission has for years quashed any effort to institute impact fees on residential development in the county and fully and openly expected the existing property owners to pony up for extensive infrastructure improvements and concessions to the builder buddies. The new commission is far better than the old, but I still intend to watch them like a hawk when the economy improves and the developers come calling with campaign contributions and hunting trips.

The GAE endorsed Roy Barnes....he has stated that he would do away with teacher furloughs. Where do you stand and what are you going to vote to help the teachers, the slide cannot continue. I agree education needs to move back to the top, but you start with the teachers. I was told recently that systems have given teachers money to offset furlough days. Why did Paulding County not do this. Some states have used a 1/2 cent tax for education for a 5 years period with no renewal. But, you cannot sell this because of the toll road on 400 that is paid for. Thanks for being open to the public, because evidently your opposition does not care....

Teachers are not effective unless they feel appreciated and valued. We find ways to stop teacher furloughs and keep teachers from going to work everyday with a dread that they are the next to be laid off. A furlough basically equates to a type of tax increase on teachers. A furloughed teacher has to do the same amount of work to teach the same amount of material, but is getting paid less, which is the basic essence of a tax. Teacher layoffs have increased class sizes over capacity. Classrooms that were designed to accomodate 25 students now hold 35 and not all students have text book. This has to be fixed now.

I will work to try to find solutions to prevent teacher furloughs, layoffs, and ways to decrease class sizes.

No one can guarantee that they can end teacher furloughs without raising taxes. They are writing a check that their butt may not be able to cash. Nobody likes the idea of teacher furloughs, but the fact of the mater is that education funding as a percentage of the overall State Budget has increased during the recession and they have still been deemed unavoidable by many local boards faced with reduced overall funding. The money has to come from somewhere.

Will has said that he will try to end furloughs, and that's the most honest answer there is.

The new commission is far better than the old, but I still intend to watch them like a hawk when the economy improves and the developers come calling with campaign contributions and hunting trips.

YEPPERS. Don't trust 'em as far as I can throw 'em.

Will, good answers.

• Like 1

I am very appreciative of your willingness to answer questions in a public forum such as this, and with that I will ask you, do you view the new healthcare legislation that was passed before we knew what was in it, can be constitutionally legal to force an American citizen to purchase a product against their will?

I am very appreciative of your willingness to answer questions in a public forum such as this, and with that I will ask you, do you view the new healthcare legislation that was passed before we knew what was in it, can be constitutionally legal to force an American citizen to purchase a product against their will?

No one should be forced to purchase anything against their will and I do not agree with the current health care reform. Plain and simple.

No one should be forced to purchase anything against their will and I do not agree with the current health care reform. Plain and simple.

What about car insurance? Georgia law requires anyone operating a motor vehicle purchase at least $25,000/$50,000 in laibility coverage. I have heard many conservatives make this argument about the health care legislation. I will be surprised if the legal efforts to invalidat the legislation on that ground will succeed, as the same argument could be made to invalidate mandatory car insurance laws.

Edited by Pigpen

What about car insurance? Georgia law requires anyone operating a motor vehicle purchase at least $25,000/$50,000 in laibility coverage. I have heard many conservatives make this argument about the health care legislation. I will be surprised if the legal efforts to invalidat the legislation on that ground will succeed, as the same argument could be made to invalidate mandatory car insurance laws.

Will we await your reply on this issue, however I must interject to pigpen, auto insurance is mandatory because everyone who drives on public roads can involve another citizens in an accident which can lead to financial difficulties for other parties " repairs, damages, medical bills" However if you choose to only drive on your private property you do not have to purchase auto insurance.

The same can be said for health insurance if one chooses to not purchase health insurance, and ends up dieng because of lack of medical intervention, then it has not caused others any financial harm.

Will we await your reply on this issue, however I must interject to pigpen, auto insurance is mandatory because everyone who drives on public roads can involve another citizens in an accident which can lead to financial difficulties for other parties " repairs, damages, medical bills" However if you choose to only drive on your private property you do not have to purchase auto insurance.

The same can be said for health insurance if one chooses to not purchase health insurance, and ends up dieng because of lack of medical intervention, then it has not caused others any financial harm.

I understand there is some distinction. However, insurance is required in both situations to protect both the insured and the general public. Most auto accidents involve damage costing less than $25K. Without such car insurance, members of the public are at risk of being damaged by the uninsured driver. Similarly, an uninsured patient places the public at financial risk because taxpayers often foot the bill for their medical care. One of the goals of Obamacare is to reduce the cost of such treatment (often furnished through Medicaid), which theoretically saves money for Medicaid.

Car insurance is slightly different. First of all, one chooses to drive, if you choose not to drive, you don't have to purchase insurance. Also, the laws are only for liability insurance, which protects others from negligence. On the surface the situations look similar, but not completely.

Car insurance is slightly different. First of all, one chooses to drive, if you choose not to drive, you don't have to purchase insurance. Also, the laws are only for liability insurance, which protects others from negligence. On the surface the situations look similar, but not completely.

Agreed they are somewhat different. Valid distinction you raise.

This year, Paulding County has a real choice in whom to elect to represent District 19 in the Georgia House of Representatives. We can choose to elect a leader with a vision—who understands the problems and proposes real, workable solutions. Or we can choose to elect someone who campaigns on empty rhetoric, and instead relies on party affiliation to cruise to victory.

By now, I feel I have become a familiar face on Paulding.com. I have openly and honestly answered questions posed to me, in stark contrast to my opponent, who has yet to appear in an open forum, despite the fact that two have already taken place. We are at a crossroads in Georgia. Paulding County has 12% unemployment, much higher than the state average, and if we are to bring jobs back to the area, we need to have solutions to the problems befalling education, transportation, and water.

I believe in the sanctity of education, and as your Representative, I will always work to preserve and improve the quality of education throughout the state of Georgia. This past session, we have seen our elected officials vote to slash education funding, which has led to—amongst other things-- increased class sizes, numerous furlough days, a poorer quality of education, and a defunded HOPE Scholarship. These are all both unacceptable and avoidable. We must find alternative sources of revenue, all the while without raising our income taxes.

First of all, teachers were laid off because of the loss of tax revenue. Foreclosures and the reduction of property taxes due to the loss of market values of property in the county (as across the country) are the chief causes of less property tax revenue collected. This caused the BoE to have to look at where they had to reduce operating expenses to prevent running into deficit spending. This isn't something that happened only in Paulding County, but in school districts all across this nation. I doubt there is a school board in this country, to include ours who wanted to lay teachers off. You claim this was avoidable, but yet you don't inform anyone how these decisions were unavoidable. Now tell us how the layoffs of teachers were avoidable.

With the new hospital in the works and getting ready to break ground, this is an excellent opportunity to expand our campus of Chattahoochee Tech to include a nursing program. If we can do this, we can graduate Paulding County students from a Paulding County school to go directly to a Paulding County job.

Now tell us how you propose to get Chattahoochee Tech to take on the expenses of expanding their campus to include starting a nursing program. Are you proposing our tax dollars pay for it?

I have proposed solutions, such as a Point-of-Sale Bill, instituting Sunday Sales, removing outdated tax exemptions given just to large corporations, and adding a small levy on the sale of tobacco—a bill proposed last year by a Republican, and supported by a bipartisan coalition of elected officials. I believe that these, as well as other, proposals can work in concert with one another to bring significant amounts of revenue into Georgia's coffers.

It sounds like you're proposing tax increases not only for corporations, but for us as well. Corporations don't really pay taxes; they're embedded in the prices charged to consumers.

We also must tackle the problem of a poor transportation infrastructure head-on. I believe we should look towards a statewide expansion of destination rail, however we must also address our own shortcomings right here in Paulding County. That means expanding Highway 92 between I-75 and I-20 as well as directing traffic towards our new airport. In order to promote industries settling in Paulding, we also need to add more spurs to the state railroad system.

Where is the money going to come from to pay for these proposals?

Paulding County has been dependent on someone else's water for far too long. Frankly, this has been and will continue to be a hinderance in attracting new industries to employ our local workers. We are all tired of hearing that the reservoir is coming, but never seeing it happen. The time to make it happen is now if we want to attract industry to our county. We have to be able to provide our job makers and our citizens with water today, tomorrow, and 10 years from now.

Both Gingrey and Chambliss have been working this in DC. More.

These are just a few of the problems facing District 19 as I see them, and a couple of solutions we can explore in an attempt to improve our county. I could sit here and write my platform in buzzwords, but all that does is give you a good little soundbyte. Politics-- and our futures-- are not about tiny clips of words. The problems, and their solutions, facing us are complex, and District 19 must elect someone who can understand those nuances. I know I am the person who can do just that.

I see no solutions in your post. All you've done is use buzzwords.

As always, I am here to listen, answer questions, and propose solutions. Though there is just over a week left, I hope to have the opportunity to have an open forum with my opponent so that you, the voter, can easily distinguish between the two of us. My cell phone number remains 770-508-8823, and my email is Will@AveryforGeorgia.com.

You can start by answering my questions.

I hope to be able to earn your vote on November 2.

After reading your responces:

"No one should be forced to purchase anything against their will and I do not agree with the current health care reform".

"Car insurance is slightly different. First of all, one chooses to drive, if you choose not to drive, you don't have to purchase insurance".

"I DO NOT think that any student that is not a resident of Georgia, much less of the US should be given in-state tuition rates. Our state's taxpayers should not subsidize the remainder of the cost of the student. I do however think that we should allow student visas to students that do want to pay full out-of-state price for attending a Georgia university. These students should definitely not be allowed access to the HOPE scholarship either".

But are your responses truthful? After all you still do not have the word "Democrat" anywhere on your web site?

Edited by 474218

Thanks for bringing all of this up FM. First of all, teachers were not just laid off because of local property tax revenue issues. The state actually put the burden back on the counties and property owners by funding local school boards the equivalent of 10 days pay per teacher in the district. This way, our legislators could say that they didn't furlough any teachers or lay them off. They basically washed their hands clean of the situation and put the blame on local school boards. The counties that layed off the fewest employees were counties that had higher industrial and commercial tax bases, which is the largest issues at hand here. Of course no county wants to lay off teachers, but we must start addressing these issues now and trying to find ways to fix them, rather than just blaming the county. Solutions such as the point of sale bill that would increase the efficiency of sales tax collection that all of us already pay. That is a viable solution that will improve the situation at hand. The POS bill does not increase taxes, it simply increases revenue and prevents blatant thievery from the people who pay taxes.

As far as Chatt tech goes, if there is a market, a college or university will try to meet the demand. It could be started by shifting some of the nursing classes to the Paulding campus from the Cobb campus and over time, as funding increases, develop a full fledged program right here in the county.

It is great that Gingrey and Chambliss have been working on the reservoir as well, but it takes a team of people at all levels of government to make it happen. A million dollars is great, but it won't get the job done. I am simply trying to look out for the people of Paulding County by helping work to provide them with reliable sources of water. If you think that Congressman Gingrey is the only piece to this puzzle, you would be mistaken.

I am sorry that you think providing solutions to creating jobs is just using buzzwords. I understand that you have your own point of view and I thank you for expressing it to me.

Thanks for bringing all of this up FM. First of all, teachers were not just laid off because of local property tax revenue issues. The state actually put the burden back on the counties and property owners by funding local school boards the equivalent of 10 days pay per teacher in the district. This way, our legislators could say that they didn't furlough any teachers or lay them off. They basically washed their hands clean of the situation and put the blame on local school boards. The counties that layed off the fewest employees were counties that had higher industrial and commercial tax bases, which is the largest issues at hand here. Of course no county wants to lay off teachers, but we must start addressing these issues now and trying to find ways to fix them, rather than just blaming the county. Solutions such as the point of sale bill that would increase the efficiency of sales tax collection that all of us already pay. That is a viable solution that will improve the situation at hand. The POS bill does not increase taxes, it simply increases revenue and prevents blatant thievery from the people who pay taxes.

I'm sorry, but I do not see where you are presenting a viable solution to the problem. All you've done here is now shift the blame to the state. You have given nothing but rhetoric and no ideas how the problems can be alleviated. So far you appear all fluff and no substance.

As far as Chatt tech goes, if there is a market, a college or university will try to meet the demand. It could be started by shifting some of the nursing classes to the Paulding campus from the Cobb campus and over time, as funding increases, develop a full fledged program right here in the county.

In other words, this is nothing but a feel good idea you're projecting that makes a good sound byte but really has no substance to it. This is something only Chatt Tech can do if it so desires only if they do see a market for it. This is not a legislative matter.

It is great that Gingrey and Chambliss have been working on the reservoir as well, but it takes a team of people at all levels of government to make it happen. A million dollars is great, but it won't get the job done. I am simply trying to look out for the people of Paulding County by helping work to provide them with reliable sources of water. If you think that Congressman Gingrey is the only piece to this puzzle, you would be mistaken.

I'm not thinking at all Gingrey is the only piece of the puzzle. The fact is it will take money mostly coming from Congress to make the reservoir a reality. Quite frankly, with the economy the way it is, I can see where both the feds and the state would see this project not being a priority.

I am sorry that you think providing solutions to creating jobs is just using buzzwords. I understand that you have your own point of view and I thank you for expressing it to me.

I suggest you read my first response to your OP again, because I pointed out you were offering no solutions there to the problems you addressed other than putting levies on tobacco products and eliminating tax credits to corporations, which really aren't solutions to creating jobs. Why don't you address what specific ideas you have to create new jobs instead of giving us rhetoric?

Eliminating tax credits to corporations will not do anything to help create jobs. In fact, eliminating tax credits will only encourage corporations who employ people in this state to start looking where they can relocate to get away from higher taxes. With the economy the way it is today, state's will begin to offer any type of manufacturing companies tax incentives to intice them to relocate in their state. I have seen a lot of small manufacturing companies in Michigan relocate to other states to escape higher taxes.

It would be nice to see some manufacturing companies relocate to GA, especially here in Paulding County. What do you propose should be done to entice them to relocate here?

Edited by Foxmeister

Foxmeister.

I assume Mr Avery will reply to your post, but I have to interject you are doing a piss-poor job of trying to just be a devil's advocate.

Our last 2 legislative sessions have indeed cut money out of education and thrown that back on the local BOEs to come up with the differences, and counties with a residential tax base like Paulding has indeed put the burden on the back of the homeowners.

CTC funding is directly tied to the state. We got our CTC campus to begin with from the efforts of Charlie Watts and Nathan Dean. Richardson and Maxwell [and Heath and Hamrick] did get the expansion funding and they all took credit for the Georgia Highlands campus. I was at their celebration when it opened. So I have to disagree. With a push from within the legislature, CTC could indeed expand their nursing program to coincide with the Wellstar facility. I know the Paulding Rotary Club has been funding scholarships at CTC and nursing is becoming a larger program winner.

Check out what your buddy Shearin and company did for our reservoir during his lame-duct tenure 2 years ago right now. They left numerous letters from the Corp of Engineers unanswered, and in the process move us from the top of the Corp's fast list to the bottom. What Chamliss and Isaacson are doing now is trying to get us back up the list. Send King Jerry a Thank-You note at his Mansion in the Keys.

Mr Avery has come on to P.com trying to have an interactive conversation with the voters and you are coming on using Paulette's rhetoric and nonsense trying to bash him. I don't understand why. You ask a reasonable question and get a reasonable answer, then acknowledge it instead of your BS.

Foxmeister.

I assume Mr Avery will reply to your post, but I have to interject you are doing a piss-poor job of trying to just be a devil's advocate.

Our last 2 legislative sessions have indeed cut money out of education and thrown that back on the local BOEs to come up with the differences, and counties with a residential tax base like Paulding has indeed put the burden on the back of the homeowners.

CTC funding is directly tied to the state. We got our CTC campus to begin with from the efforts of Charlie Watts and Nathan Dean. Richardson and Maxwell [and Heath and Hamrick] did get the expansion funding and they all took credit for the Georgia Highlands campus. I was at their celebration when it opened. So I have to disagree. With a push from within the legislature, CTC could indeed expand their nursing program to coincide with the Wellstar facility. I know the Paulding Rotary Club has been funding scholarships at CTC and nursing is becoming a larger program winner.

Check out what your buddy Shearin and company did for our reservoir during his lame-duct tenure 2 years ago right now. They left numerous letters from the Corp of Engineers unanswered, and in the process move us from the top of the Corp's fast list to the bottom. What Chamliss and Isaacson are doing now is trying to get us back up the list. Send King Jerry a Thank-You note at his Mansion in the Keys.

Mr Avery has come on to P.com trying to have an interactive conversation with the voters and you are coming on using Paulette's rhetoric and nonsense trying to bash him. I don't understand why. You ask a reasonable question and get a reasonable answer, then acknowledge it instead of your BS.

Foxmeister.

Sounds real nice there surepip, but the reality is it would have to be a decision Chatt Tech would have to make. The legislature could nudge, ask and beg all they want, but if Chatt Tech doesn't see a market for it, I doubt they will expand their campus to offer a nursing program. The economy is much different and I don't see where any funding from the government at any level is available for such a project.

Increasing taxes on corporations and consumers will not create jobs.

I see no substance in what Avery is selling. It's pitiful that of the two candidates we have to choose from in this race, neither are worth my vote.

The idea that I have most often proposed is eliminating the huge tax exemption given to Delta on fuel, which was imposed immediately post-9/11. Delta is not at risk for relocating, however, because there is not another airport that has the capacity or capability to hold it. Delta is firmly planted in the Atlanta area. I am firm supporter on a macro level to corporate tax exemptions, but I am opposed to unnecessary ones staying in place.

As far as demand for a nursing program goes, if we have a brand new medical corridor developing there will be demand for a program here. Keep saying nay if you wish.

Sounds real nice there surepip, but the reality is it would have to be a decision Chatt Tech would have to make. The legislature could nudge, ask and beg all they want, but if Chatt Tech doesn't see a market for it, I doubt they will expand their campus to offer a nursing program. The economy is much different and I don't see where any funding from the government at any level is available for such a project.

Increasing taxes on corporations and consumers will not create jobs.

I see no substance in what Avery is selling. It's pitiful that of the two candidates we have to choose from in this race, neither are worth my vote.

There are numerous tax exemptions in place. Some needed, many not, but they have been kept in place by enormous lobbying efforts paid to many legislators. Delta got their fuel tax exemption worth some 400+$Million a year just after 9-11 when they had been grounded. Several years later they paid their board almost $500Million in bonuses, and then declared bankruptcy and made their employees take paycuts.

They have been profitable again for the past few years, but still have their exemption. AirTrans/Southwest gets nothing. You actually agree to continuing Delta's exemptions?!?!

And I have to assume Richardson, et al, who stood up at the openings of the new CTC building, and when Georgia Highlands opened their Dallas campus, taking the credit for these institutions of higher learning being here because of them was taking credit for something some others actually did ? It was one of the few things Richardson and company did accomplish for Paulding, but I guess in your world they didn't ?

CTC will expand their nursing program if they get "prodding" from the legislature to do so. There are no other new hospital campuses such as what Wellstar is building taking place in Georgia. It is a natural follow up if the Legislature supports it. Local education for local jobs.

Just what is your candidate proposing other than her "I am a Tea Party Conservative" ?

There are numerous tax exemptions in place. Some needed, many not, but they have been kept in place by enormous lobbying efforts paid to many legislators. Delta got their fuel tax exemption worth some 400+$Million a year just after 9-11 when they had been grounded. Several years later they paid their board almost $500Million in bonuses, and then declared bankruptcy and made their employees take paycuts.

They have been profitable again for the past few years, but still have their exemption. AirTrans/Southwest gets nothing. You actually agree to continuing Delta's exemptions?!?!

And I have to assume Richardson, et al, who stood up at the openings of the new CTC building, and when Georgia Highlands opened their Dallas campus, taking the credit for these institutions of higher learning being here because of them was taking credit for something some others actually did ? It was one of the few things Richardson and company did accomplish for Paulding, but I guess in your world they didn't ?

CTC will expand their nursing program if they get "prodding" from the legislature to do so. There are no other new hospital campuses such as what Wellstar is building taking place in Georgia. It is a natural follow up if the Legislature supports it. Local education for local jobs.

Just what is your candidate proposing other than her "I am a Tea Party Conservative" ?

Read again my previous post. Neither candidate is worthy of my vote. Yours wants to tax and spend. The other, well she's just a nut. I will write in Joe M. Turner

The idea that I have most often proposed is eliminating the huge tax exemption given to Delta on fuel, which was imposed immediately post-9/11. Delta is not at risk for relocating, however, because there is not another airport that has the capacity or capability to hold it. Delta is firmly planted in the Atlanta area. I am firm supporter on a macro level to corporate tax exemptions, but I am opposed to unnecessary ones staying in place.

As far as demand for a nursing program goes, if we have a brand new medical corridor developing there will be demand for a program here. Keep saying nay if you wish.

Excuse me for interrupting, I thought Chat Tech already HAD a Nursing Progam, and they just expanded and built another building.

Mr. Will Avery you seem like the right choice for us. I wish you luck and will be casting my vote for you. I got your mailer on Friday. You have a beautiful family!

• Like 1

Excuse me for interrupting, I thought Chat Tech already HAD a Nursing Progam, and they just expanded and built another building.

Mr. Will Avery you seem like the right choice for us. I wish you luck and will be casting my vote for you. I got your mailer on Friday. You have a beautiful family!

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Thank you for posting and putting yourself out here. I would not really know any of your thoughts or ideas, if it weren't for p.com. I haven't had a chance to see any of the debates this time around. My fear is the R beside your candidates name will cause a win in this election. Then of course the R's won't allow her to be seated with all the junk we are seeing and the voters will be faced with some kind of special election. Could that happen? I don't vote based on the party, but the individual. I have some reading and decisions to make this week.

You have my vote in this district 19 race. I, too, received your mailer and you have a beautiful family! I understand your lovely wife is a teacher in Paulding. I wish you and your family the best. Good luck!

Can you answer my question? If the R in this race wins, could the party decide not to seat her and have a special election?

Thank you for posting and putting yourself out here. I would not really know any of your thoughts or ideas, if it weren't for p.com. I haven't had a chance to see any of the debates this time around. My fear is the R beside your candidates name will cause a win in this election. Then of course the R's won't allow her to be seated with all the junk we are seeing and the voters will be faced with some kind of special election. Could that happen? I don't vote based on the party, but the individual. I have some reading and decisions to make this week.

You have my vote in this district 19 race. I, too, received your mailer and you have a beautiful family! I understand your lovely wife is a teacher in Paulding. I wish you and your family the best. Good luck!

Can you answer my question? If the R in this race wins, could the party decide not to seat her and have a special election?

<_<

They do have a nursing program, but it is only offered at the South Cobb/Austell campus. With the new hospital opening here, there will be an increased demand right here in our own community and it is the perfect opportunity to create a college to job "pipeline" for our residents.

I will have to check with some of the CTC Staff, but I believe the Nursing Program is based out of the North Metro or Appalacian Campus. Some of the courses can be taken at the Paulding Campus, but most would have to be elsewhere. With the new Wellstar Facility, it would make sense to have a full nursing program avaiable 2 miles down the highway.