Paulding.com

Lets see how the election is looking

Some questions on the July 20 ballot  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Voters are being asked to renew the SPLOST (one cent sales tax). How are you leaning?

• Favor renewal of the SPLOST
    • Reject renewal of the SPLOST
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you plan to vote in the Republican or Democratic Primary?

• I plan to vote in the Republican Primary
    • I plan to vote in the Democratic Primary
    • undecided
  3. 3. Republican primary voters, who do you support for the District 19 House Seat?

• Paulette Rakestraw Braddock
    • Steve R. Golden
    • Daniel Stout (I)
    • Undecided
    • NA: Voting in Democratic primary
  4. 4. Republican primary voters will choose the next District Attorney. Who do you support for this office

• Dick Donovan
    • Drew Lane (I)
    • Chad Plumley
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 2 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Beverly Cochran
    • Adam Gregory
    • Todd Pownall
    • Undecided
  6. 6. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 3 commissioner. Who do you support?

• H.V. Collett II
    • Tommie Graham (I)
    • Undecided
  7. 7. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 4 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Jason Anavitarte
    • David Barnett
    • Earl Cosgrove
    • Tony Crowe
    • Undecided
  8. 8. There is but one local candidate running as a Democrat. Will Avery is running for District 19. What do you think about that?

• I think it is good, we should all encourage a two-party system.
    • I think that everyone should be a Republican in Paulding
    • He hasn't a chance of getting my vote in November
    • Depending on who gets the Republican nomination, I might vote for him.
    • I wish there were more Democrats running

Here is some information on Jason that I received.

Doraville approves DP benefits for employees

Ga. municipalities cite minimal costs for offering benefits

By ZACK HUDSON

Friday, August 25, 2006

The city of Doraville, a suburb located northeast of Atlanta, recently became the latest local government in Georgia to offer domestic benefits to its employees.

I think this is just another step in the same direction as major corporations have been going. Its good business to offer these benefits, Doraville City Councilmember Jason Anavitarte said.

The Doraville City Council passed the ordinance Aug. 7, bringing it in line with its DeKalb County neighbors Decatur and Pine Lake. The vote was 3-2 with one abstention. Voting in favor were Anivitarte, Marlene Hadden and Bob Spangler. Voting against the measure was Ed Lowe while abstaining were Tom Hart and Donna Pittman.

The city has 120 employees. The measure went into effect immediately, Anivitarte said.

This is another victory. Georgia is moving forward, Georgia Equality Executive Director Chuck Bowen said of the Doraville ordinance.

With the addition of Doraville, seven municipal government bodies in Georgia offer domestic partner benefits, including Atlanta, Fulton County, East Point, DeKalb County, Decatur and Pine Lake, according to Georgia Equality.

http://cache.zoominfo.com/CachedPage/?archive_id=0&page_id=1692460214&page_url=%2f%2fwww.southernvoice.com%2f2006%2f8-25%2fnews%2flocalnews%2fbenefits.cfm&page_last_updated=8%2f26%2f2006+8%3a17%3a06+AM&firstName=Jason&lastName=Anavitarte

I sure hope that he does not bring this type of leadership to Paulding County if elected

I'm so disappointed in you Whitey - that's all you got? :lol: So he voted for domestic partner benefits while a councilman in the City of Doraville.......

Edited by Beach Bum
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not that it matters but I will be voting in the July election; however, I SURE AS HECK will not be voting in this poll.

You obviously don't know or understand anything about Steve Golden. He claims to be a christian but I have serious reservations about that. Have you ever met someone who would sale their grandma a roc

Why the HECK not?

greeneyed girl if you are speaking of this group

that is a easy answer, They are all the product of the past good old boy network, You know the tax and spend group, that has nearly bankrupt the county.

PSST Let you in on a little conversation that I overheard in the barber shop today, Some of this group has plans to nix the construction of the hospital on bill carruth parkway,and relocate it to the Cedar crest area, Remember what the past adminstration attempted to do with the hospital? Do you remember who owned the land ETC. So........ Let us talk about the issues, Like the proposed hospital location, Jobs, Industrial growth, Water resources, Traffic, Teachers jobs,etc.

Trying to tie candidates to the Paulding County Builders Association Is something that was tried in the past election and failed miserably, Pretty simple Look at the past adninstration. And look at those that were a part of it, And then ask yourself when did all this building begin, And who was a part of it.And if you want any details on the Hospital relocation I am of the opinion that Jason may be able to give you some answers on that, At least that is what the rumor in the barber shop was. Oh..... Steve Golden name was also mentioned

So now you have resorted to repeating "barber shop gossip"? As for the hospital, I know many people with WellStar that have been there for a very long time and I would have a hard time believing that anyone tells WellStar where to build a multi million dollar facility. I would also venture to say that they probably spend years planning and researching potential locations and I seriously doubt that politicans are able to influence their decisions.

Edited by Beach Bum

So now you have resorted to repeating "barber shop gossip"? As for the hospital, I know many people with WellStar that have been there for a very long time and I would have a hard time believing that anyone tells WellStar where to build a multi million dollar facility. I would also venture to say that they probably spend years planning and researching potential locations and I seriously doubt that politicans are able to influence their decisions.

I found the Barber Shop gossip to be amazing stuff! Do you think it is any more reliable than Beauty Shop gossip cause we know how reliable that is.unsure.gif search.gif

I found the Barber Shop gossip to be amazing stuff! Do you think it is any more reliable than Beauty Shop gossip cause we know how reliable that is.unsure.gif search.gif

Good question......lemme think about that for a moment. Nope, I don't think barber shop gossip would be any more reliable than beauty shop gossip. :lol:

I'm so disappointed in you Whitey - that's all you got? :lol: So he voted for domestic partner benefits while a councilman in the City of Doraville.......

Nope got some more, For some reason he resigned, From the City Council post?

Maybe he moved to Paulding County.unsure.gif

That could be - timing would be about right. I looked at his website and his accomplishments are quite impressive. He is taking the time to come out to my home and meet with me and my family and I am very anxious to meet him and hear what he has to say. I will of course be contacting the other candidates too as I would like to meet them and hear what they have to say.

I thought I would take a few minutes of my time this morning and attend the Morning session of the Bi Monthly Board of Commissioners meeting Just to see how many of the candidates that are running for the commission jobs even took the time to attend the meetings that they are running for, To my surprise the candidates running for this office was very sparse, And only a small handful of candidates even showed up and to me this is a disgrace.

But that is not what this post is about, Too all candidates both local and State wide You should be ashamed of yourselves for trashing the Watson Complex with hundreds of campaign signs asking for our votes, that property belongs to all citizens of Paulding County and should be respected as such.

I approached a group of candidates and we talked about the disgrace that the Candidates had shown to the Watson Complex with the hundreds of signs littering this complex, And. two candidates (Todd Pownall and David Barnett) agreed to limit the number of signs at this complex to two signs each. If all the candidates would

As I was leaving Todd Pownall was removing his Signs and David Barnett stated he would remove his after lunch.

To all of the other candidates will you please show a little respect for the people’s property, and reduce the signage to one per entrance.

Thank you Dick Donvan, David Barnett And Todd Pownall for reducing your number of signs down to One at each entrance.

Shame on the other Candidates Drew Lane this is where you work, WTH are you thinking, Beverly do you really think that you need Fifty Seven Signs on the Watson complex to convince people to vote for you? And the candidates running for state office, Why would you want to trash out Courthouse like this, You want out votes then show some respect.

For those who have not witnessed this disgrace at the center of the Paulding County Government, You should drive by and take a look, Better yet I will take some pictures and post on here for all of Paulding County to see. After all a Picture is worth a thousand words.

SHAKING HEAD IN DISGUST,

What, no e-mail :D Really no need to call Google is my friend :D

I don't have any clue what you are talking about with this candidate but generally speaking, I have learned that sometimes Google is not your friend.

Thank you Dick Donvan, David Barnett And Todd Pownall for reducing your number of signs down to One at each entrance.

Shame on the other Candidates Drew Lane this is where you work, WTH are you thinking, Beverly do you really think that you need Fifty Seven Signs on the Watson complex to convince people to vote for you? And the candidates running for state office, Why would you want to trash out Courthouse like this, You want out votes then show some respect.

For those who have not witnessed this disgrace at the center of the Paulding County Government, You should drive by and take a look, Better yet I will take some pictures and post on here for all of Paulding County to see. After all a Picture is worth a thousand words.

SHAKING HEAD IN DISGUST,

whitey, I agree with you on this one, It is a disgrace to trash the courthouse like this, If a person has to look at this many signs, Just to buy a car tag, What does this say about the charachter of the candidate? Would they trash their property like this?

SHAKING HEAD IN DISGUST,

Steve Golden has no signs at the courthouse.

GO DICK DONOVAN!!!! Let's get the DA's office cleaned up with someone who gives a darn!!! He won't just draw a paycheck, HE WILL WORK for US!!!!

This is from his website NEWS.

THE BAD NEWS!!!

COURTROOMS DARK

THE BAD NEWS!!! COURTROOMS DARK During each trial week, there are 70+ jurors (@$25 a day, each) three judges, three court reporters, bailiffs and clerks present, but often left with nothing to do. Courtrooms are rarely busy after Tuesday or Wednesday, because the DA doesn’t bring cases to trial. Why? The Circuit Public Defender’s Office, which is mostly young lawyers right out of law school, has a 70% success rate against the DA. One young public defender won his first THIRTEEN CASES in Paulding County.

INDICTMENT, ARRESTS NOT PROCESSED During 2010, one of the three superior court judges put all the cases indicted or accused before December 31, 2007 on the Court’s Dead Docket. These cases were so old and had been on the judge’s calendar for so long that perhaps they were no longer viable. These cases are against either innocent Paulding citizens awaiting their day in court, or criminal offenders who are still on the streets because their cases now pending are not being pursued – and they sit in our jail on the taxpayers’ dime for their meals and beds and televisions. And even with all those cases dead-docketed, there are still 2,250 cases accused or indicted that haven't been tried. And that doesn't include the several hundred pending cases that haven't been processed yet.

ACCUSED, BOTH GUILTY AND INNOCENT, WAIT... AND WAIT... Paulding judges must release (and have released) on bond, or on the defendant’s own recognizance (a signature bond without security), those accused who wait too long in our jails – at taxpayer expense – when their cases go unprocessed. Inaction makes innocent people wait for justice and lets the truly guilty go back to their drug trafficking, or molesting, or perhaps just sitting at the local park, waiting for customers or watching the children at play.

THE GOOD NEWS!!!

On July 20, we can Hire an Able and Effective District Attorney.

Because they are all in Hiram. Looks to have a lot of money backing him.

Well maybe some folks believe he is the best candidate and have put their money and efforts behind him. I have donated to candidates in some races that I have never even considered donating in before. I am worried about the kind of government we may get if some of the candidates running should win. All any of us can do is try in any way we can to get the person elected that we feel will do the very best job for Paulding County and her people.

Well maybe some folks believe he is the best candidate and have put their money and efforts behind him. I have donated to candidates in some races that I have never even considered donating in before. I am worried about the kind of government we may get if some of the candidates running should win. All any of us can do is try in any way we can to get the person elected that we feel will do the very best job for Paulding County and her people.

I'm not voting until I see who is contributing. You I am not worried about. Special interest groups I am worried about.

I'm not voting until I see who is contributing. You I am not worried about. Special interest groups I am worried about.

I don't believe there is anyone running in one of the races that does not have some of that kind of money behind them. I am looking to see if most of it is coming from Paulding county businesses and people.

I am 100% for whomever runs agains DA Drew Lane.

nuff said!

Vote for Dick!!!

Plumley seems like a very down to earth and nicce guy with good roots to the judicial family. His father in law is Judge Foster. But he has never been on the criminal side of court. We need a hard nose in the DA's office who is willing to get it done. The DA's office is so back logged and unorganized, we got to have CHANGE.....

I don't believe there is anyone running in one of the races that does not have some of that kind of money behind them. I am looking to see if most of it is coming from Paulding county businesses and people.

I want to see the particular Paulding County business.

I'm not saying that Mr. Golden isn't the best candidate, I am going to check his backers as well as the democrat's. I wouldn't even consider voting for the other two republicans.

I went to Steve Golden's event last night was came away very impressed. The one thing that bothers me about Stout, besides the whole mother in law thing, is that he only lives in Paulding. Does not work or attend church services here. As far as I know, his child does not attend Paulding County schools. I don't like that at all. I hope to get to Paulette Braddock's event to meet her also.

You can meet Paulette on Thursday 6/10 night at Stars and Strikes... Plus she will be hosting an aray of meet and greets...I am sure you will enjoy meeting her and support her

in her quest to help our community...

I actually meet her this past weekend. I think she is a fine candidate and lady but did not impress me. Sorry.

You can meet Paulette on Thursday 6/10 night at Stars and Strikes... Plus she will be hosting an aray of meet and greets...I am sure you will enjoy meeting her and support her

in her quest to help our community...

Paulding.com is just as bad...... :clapping:

Ahh you know that p.com does not contain any gossip :D

Gossip? I see it as a fact finding mission. Which brings me to part B of this post. What was the name of the organization that one of the candidates for state rep headed up for the school bond? Remember the $125 Million school bond that was voted down and then forced on us a second time? I am almost positive that one of the candidates was heavily involved in this. I am wondering about another one as well.

Gossip? I see it as a fact finding mission. Which brings me to part B of this post. What was the name of the organization that one of the candidates for state rep headed up for the school bond? Remember the $125 Million school bond that was voted down and then forced on us a second time? I am almost positive that one of the candidates was heavily involved in this. I am wondering about another one as well.

I believe it was "Support Paulding Schools"

Is this what you are looking for http://www.ethics.georgia.gov/Reports/Campaign/Campaign_ByContributions_RFR.aspx?NameID=2911&FilerID=NC2007000501&CDRID=10572&Name=COMMITTEE%20TO%20SUPPORT%20PAULDING%20SCHOOLS&Year=2007&Report=December%2031st%20-%20County,%20or%20Municipal%20Ballot%20Question

Ouch!

There is also a report for the Committee for Excellence for our Kids, which preceeded the Committee to Support Paulding Schools which financed the 1st Bond Referendum which was defeated.

Excellence for our Kids

But strange thing there......The only financial report shows raising $2000, but the expenditures shows paying back the county [i assume the cost of the referendum ?] $10,408.53 to the BOC.

But it does not show where the other $8400 came from .....

And $10k is all it costs to hold a special referendum separate from any other election ?

Something is fishy with this.....

There is also a report for the Committee for Excellence for our Kids, which preceeded the Committee to Support Paulding Schools which financed the 1st Bond Referendum which was defeated.

Excellence for our Kids

But strange thing there......The only financial report shows raising $2000, but the expenditures shows paying back the county [i assume the cost of the referendum ?] $10,408.53 to the BOC.

But it does not show where the other $8400 came from .....

And $10k is all it costs to hold a special referendum separate from any other election ?

Something is fishy with this.....

That initial report for the group was not 'e-filed' and preceded the report displayed (the report suggests previous contributions reported on an earlier form). That earlier report may even be at the county level in hardcopy and is probably just not available online.

pubby

pubby

That initial report for the group was not 'e-filed' and preceded the report displayed (the report suggests previous contributions reported on an earlier form). That earlier report may even be at the county level in hardcopy and is probably just not available online.

pubby

pubby

I did a search way back at the county level and never did find out who made the initial contributions

The committee was formed for the September 2006 election and was registered in August 2006 And then paid for an election in December 2007?????? That is really strange, But hey I have seen stranger things than this occur in Paulding Politics?

Got me wondering now just who did pay for which election?

Kind of ironic isn't it.

That contributor's list could almost be a "Who's Who" of the local Robber Baron Mega Developers couldn't it ?

Looks as if some of the present day candidates could be on this list?????

Is this what you are looking for http://www.ethics.ge...st%20-%20County,%20or%20Municipal%20Ballot%20Question

Thanks for posting that link...I see Steve Golden was on the bond committee to raise our taxes..Makes sense since he helped raised our taxes so

many times when he was on the school board.. Plus he took his own child out of our school system and sent her to private school. I think I would rather vote for a

candidate that has her kids in our school system. That makes her one of us....Just the facts with my opinion....hope we get the right one to help all of us....!!!

Thanks for posting that link...I see Steve Golden was on the bond committee to raise our taxes..Makes sense since he helped raised our taxes so

many times when he was on the school board.. Plus he took his own child out of our school system and sent her to private school. I think I would rather vote for a

candidate that has her kids in our school system. That makes her one of us....Just the facts with my opinion....hope we get the right one to help all of us....!!!

You mean the candidate that was sitting on the BOE at the time the bond passed? How did she vote on that by the way? Think I know. Sounds like you need to avoid that subject if you don't want your candidate to get painted with the same brush. JMO