Paulding.com

A lady shot her husband on Brownsville Road. I think they said he was shot in the shoulder. She left and the police were looking for her. I just heard on the scanner that she had been threatening to shoot herself and has now done so at Taylor Farm Park.

My scanner is acting up, so I'm having a hard time hearing what's going on.

A lady shot her husband on Brownsville Road. I think they said he was shot in the shoulder. She left and the police were looking for her. I just heard on the scanner that she had been threatening to shoot herself and has now done so at Taylor Farm Park.

My scanner is acting up, so I'm having a hard time hearing what's going on.

Yes that is what they said... have not heard if they have gotten to her yet and if she is still alive.

We're about to go out to dinner so, if anyone else is listening to the scanner, please post. I have no idea how badly the lady is injured.

Prayers said for both her and her husband.

PUBBY is here, maybe he has news.

Nope, no news on this here.

I think the severity of the wound to the husband - i.e. not fatal - has not excited the Atlanta media to their usual "oh this is bad and in Paulding so lets cover it. Further, since it appears to deal with a douglasville couple, my interest was not so great as to unilaterally decide to disturb Deputy Gurley from his off-duty hours and demand an accounting :)

Further, I have confidence that if we did have death on this, that SO would call the Deputy in anticipation of the onslaught of the metro news. So, given that if it is a couple of flesh wounds done by a couple of fine, upstanding citizens who are arguing over what brand of smokes to buy or whether to pay the electric bill and pull cold steel, then it really isn't news.

Bottomline without a body, this domestic is only a little out of the ordinary.

pubby

Pubby I am sorry to tell you but you are wrong in this case... Unfortunately this lady killed her self last night... she was a huge supporter of Douglas County Schools...the last several years. She has two children one girl and one boy... one in high school and one has graduated... I am at loss at what happened to make this lady due such a thing and leave her children...

Edited by myangel107
Pubby I am sorry to tell you but you are wrong in this case... Unfortunately this lady killed her self last night... she was a huge supporter of Douglas County Schools...the last several years. She has two children one girl and one boy... one in high school and one has graduated... I am at loss at what happened to make this lady due such a thing and leave her children...

:( How sad.

I agree that this is sad.

I did not request nor did I get a report from the SO and they did not generate one themselves. Given the elements - husband shot/wounded and car chase - I half-way thought there might be a release but as I'm not 'eager' to put in the work to report these kinds of events - (sorry but I'm getting old and I was tired when this went down)

I expect had the husband died, it would have made the news as a murder-suicide.

But do know as a general rule, the media shies away from covering suicide - particularly the act - as the motivations are not only difficult to fathom but the legacy of the taboo adds to the inclination to let it go unreported.

The story here in the topics on pcom is actually extraordinary. Usually these kinds of deaths are reported as unattended deaths as a line in a blotter report unless it is a prominent person or there is some other truly distinctive element.

pubby

Pubby... thanks for responding... I am really shocked that it took over 24 hours to get out who it was and what had happened... given the fact she was so involved in the schools in Douglas. This really is horrible I can not imagine how her children will get through this as she was their rock and was such a great mom. I have thought about this all night... sad sad sad..

Pubby... thanks for responding... I am really shocked that it took over 24 hours to get out who it was and what had happened... given the fact she was so involved in the schools in Douglas. This really is horrible I can not imagine how her children will get through this as she was their rock and was such a great mom. I have thought about this all night... sad sad sad..

This is such a sad story. I have no idea who the lady is but it touches me because of your description of her. It certainly shows that we never really know people, doesn't it? It should make us look at the people we come into contact with everyday and remember that even the people who look the happiest and healthiest may still need kind word or a little help from all of us.