Paulding.com

OFFICIAL NOTICE: NO PLAN TO CUT OFF WATER (EVER)

Deputy Brandon Gurley, who is the most accessible person in Paulding Government, reports he has spoken with county administrator Mike Jones and that Jones is saying that neither he nor the county water director Michael Carter have ever indicated that the Paulding County water supply as a whole would be cut off.

Deputy Gurley goes on to say there are a few isolated areas where the water service has been interrupted due to water main breaks. "Crews are working to restore water in those areas," he wrote in an email late Tuesday evening.

"There are NO plans at this time to suspend water service county wide," said Gurley trying to quell persistent rumors.

The school system will be closed Wednesday. Staff are instructed to not show up for work according to a notice on the SB website.

ALL county offices except the Water Department, will be open Wednesday at their regular posted time(s). The Paulding County Water Department is closed and will remain closed on Wednesday as the location is in an area where electric service has been interrupted.

pubby

Deputy Brandon Gurley, who is the most accessible person in Paulding Government, reports he has spoken with county administrator Mike Jones and that Jones is saying that neither he nor the county water director Michael Carter have ever indicated that the Paulding County water supply as a whole would be cut off.

Deputy Gurley goes on to say there are a few isolated areas where the water service has been interrupted due to water main breaks. "Crews are working to restore water in those areas," he wrote in an email late Tuesday evening.

"There are NO plans at this time to suspend water service county wide," said Gurley trying to quell persistent rumors.

The school system will be closed Wednesday. Staff are instructed to not show up for work according to a notice on the SB website.

ALL county offices except the Water Department, will be open Wednesday at their regular posted time(s). The Paulding County Water Department is closed and will remain closed on Wednesday as the location is in an area where electric service has been interrupted.

pubby

Like I said....cutting off water intentionally, without good reason, borders on domestic terrorism. ;)

THANKS. Maybe this will calm some of the rumors and mass hysteria. I just had someone tell me her sister-in-law told her the County's water will be cut off tonight at midnight. I could tell her with complete confidence and reassurance that was NOT true - Thanks to p.com!! :)

Can't you behave yourself for 2 seconds,, young lady?

This is an official official public announcement by the nicest and most handsomest Paulding county official :angry: :p :rofl:

I second that, he is a great guy and Deputy.

Thanks Brandon.

ps: I hope you got all the water out of your basement without much or any damage.

None of these busy bodies will listen to me, and my posts keep getting combined with others. I hope the worry wort, butterfly mom, conspiracy theorists will listen to you and Cpl (hehe) Girley. Good luck stopping the rumor mill pubbster.

What busy bodies? no busy bodies on here!

But God forbid don't drop no cracked corn! dem soup chickens will be on their knees peckin in no time flat :rofl:

UH maybe we need to split this topic, I am decompressing after the last 2 days and my sense of humor is in over drive!

Never mind I bet Deputy Gurley could use a chuckle about now too!

So can Tona! I dropped by and you were in bed girl! bless your heart I know you were tired from trying to get the shop dried out.

C'mon people.

"There are a few isolated areas where the water service has been interrupted due to water main breaks. Crews are working to restore water in those areas. There are NO plans at this time to suspend water service county wide."

In other words: some people will temporarily lose water service, while most people will not. What is more important to find out is where are the "few isolated areas".

C'mon people.

"There are a few isolated areas where the water service has been interrupted due to water main breaks. Crews are working to restore water in those areas. There are NO plans at this time to suspend water service county wide."

In other words: some people will temporarily lose water service, while most people will not. What is more important to find out is where are the "few isolated areas".

Well I begged and begged for them to call each and every resident in each section before they temporarily turned the water off , they tried to explain to me it would be off, repaired and on again before they were finished calling, buuuuutttttt!!

They don't listen to me! they just had to do it their way :p

man, I thought LPPT and Pubby would be in bed so I could make a little trouble, nevermind -_- :p

We are unwinding, you would have to have been at grand central to have even begun to get it!

Believe me we would love to be sleeping, we are playing in our favorite playground while trying to decompress.

I am sure that many folks are doing the same, Lawd the weekend can not get here soon enough!

The Pubster only takes one day a week off, if nothing happens,

pubby

Could have fooled me lol.... I woke up with my water cut off! Yay, try telling 3 kids not to flush the toilet!!!! If I had known, I would have saved some so we wouldn't be left without any. Guess I should have paid attention to the rumors lol.

Could have fooled me lol.... I woke up with my water cut off! Yay, try telling 3 kids not to flush the toilet!!!! If I had known, I would have saved some so we wouldn't be left without any. Guess I should have paid attention to the rumors lol.

I filled up my bath tub yesterday in one of the bathrooms just so with 3 kids we would be able to flush the toilet. :lol:

so, we can't even get through to the water department. when i did talk to someone last night, i was told that here (in the south paulding/roses store area) that our tank was depleted probably due to this rumor of water being shut off and that the tank should fill back up overnight. this am - still no water. as of this posting - still no water.

i realize that i'm very lucky for this to be my only problem - but when i don't get a busy signal when trying to call the water department it will ring one time then just disconnect. i'm just a little confused on how to tell the water department that folks along buchanan hwy are starting to smell if i can't get through to them... :)

Per the PAULDING.GOV website:

PAULDING COUNTY WATER DEPARTMENT

Posted : 9/23/2009

The Paulding County Water Department will be closed September 23, 2009.

The Water Department is experiencing a power outage.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, important info:

BOIL WATER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT!!

Posted : 9/23/2009

Due to the severe weather and flooding that we have experienced, several water mains throughout the County have been damaged by the flooding along with the roadways of the County. The Water System has experienced a loss of water pressure and/or very low pressure in several areas of the County.

Therefore, as a precaution, if citizens experience a water supply outage or low water pressure, the Paulding County Water System advises that all water be “boiled” prior to use for drinking, cooking, or preparing baby food in order to protect from a potential health hazard. The water should be boiled for at least one minute after reaching a rolling boil, let it cool, and store it in clean containers with covers. An alternative to boiling would be to use only bottled water for consumption.

If boiling water is not feasible or bottled water is unavailable, then emergency disinfection of drinking water should be considered. Water disinfection procedures can be found on the United States Environmental Protection Agency website at http://www.epa.gov/safewater/faq/emerg.html

This "Boil Water Notice" will remain in effect until the problem has been corrected and a bacteriological survey shows that the water is safe to drink.

Also, residents are requested to reduce water usage inside the home as much as possible until repairs are completed.

If you have any questions you may contact Michael Carter, Paulding County Water System at 770-222-6850 or Christine Santonil, Paulding County Water System at 770-222-6868.

BOIL WATER ADVISORY IN EFFECT

Edited by Goober Pyle

All of this was on the news last night so the rumor must have been pretty big LOL

I think what the water department should have said was * although there are no plans to cut the water off, some residents of paulding are out of water due to water line breaks.

I think that is where the confusion came in, was that people were loosing water, and then this rumor was out there, so some thought that the rumor was true when they started loosing water over different parts of the county so they should have addressed that issue,