Paulding.com

Linda Cole Maxwell, age 62, of Dallas, GA went home to be with the Lord on Saturday, November 3, 2007 with the same grace and elegance she demonstrated during her life. She was born on July 2, 1945 in Dallas, GA to Emmett H. and Audine Baker Cole and was a life-long resident of Dallas, graduating from Dallas High School in 1963. Linda attended Kennesaw State University from 1989 to 1992. She spent her working years at Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Georgia, Coats & Clark, Lockheed and , prior to retiring, as an Allstate agent with her husband in Cartersville.

Linda spent most of her adult life involved in church as a dedicated children’s Sunday School teacher. Many of the young people taught by Linda continued to maintain a close relationship with her because of the love and compassion she showed them and the time she invested in their lives. She was a member of Macland Baptist Church.

Survivors include her husband of 38 years, State Representative Howard R. Maxwell; her daughter and son-in-law, Angie & Tony Rodgers of Acworth, GA; her son and daughter-in-law, Jason & Angela Maxwell of Tucker, GA brothers and sisters-in-law, Charles Marion Cole of Dallas, Tim & Dona Cole of Douglasville and Jeff & Debbie Cole of Dallas, Judy Cole of Dallas; her mother-in-law, Minnie Lee Maxwell of Dallas; her beloved grandchildren, Matthew and Nathaniel Rodgers and Catherine and Aaron Maxwell; several nieces and nephews. Her parents and brother David Cole, all formerly of Dallas, preceded Linda in death.

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2007 at 2:00 p.m. from Macland Baptist Church with Dr. Richard Walker, Rev. William Miller and Rev. James Guy officiating. Mrs. Maxwell will lie in state at the church for one hour prior to the service. The interment will follow in Dallas Memory Gardens with Tim Cole Jr., Don Cole, Justin Maxwell, Richard Patrick, Mike Pritchett and J. R. Reddish serving as pallbearers. The family will receive friends on Sunday from 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. and on Monday from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Macland Baptist Church “Forward in Faith” Building Fund, 3732 Macland Rd., Powder Springs, GA 30127or to the Paulding Co. Relay for Life, 280 Merchants Square, Dallas, GA 30132.

Though Linda will be missed, she will be lovingly remembered for her quiet devotion to her family and to God. We are grateful to have been touched by her love and for the memories of her that will remain. “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.” Psalm 116:15 (KJV)

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

Edited by Clark Funeral Home

In high school I dated her daughter Angie for 2 years. In all of the time I was around her she was always a kind and sweet lady. Even though she is at rest now in a far better place I know her family will miss her. Prayers and thoughts are with Angie, Jason, Howard and her extended family. She lived a good life and has left a legacy that will last a long time. God Bless you all as you grieve.

They grew up in the old "Mill Village" in Dallas where I was also raised.

Wonderful family, all of them.

Our sympathy to the family.

Yes, Ellen, I also grew up there, as you know. Linda was such a sweet lady-she will be missed by many.

Our prayers are with Howard and the family.

RIP Linda. The Maxwell family has always been very near and dear to my family's heart and we will miss Linda. She was a wonderful person and always had a kind word to say. She was also a wonderful wife, mother, and grandmother and set a tremendous example for all who knew her. Love and prayers to Howard, Jason & Family and Angie & family. Heaven now has another wonderful person in its midst. The McMichen family.

We first met Mrs. Maxwell at the wedding of a mutual friend. When she learned of the Miracle Book that was being composed for Helping Hands, she suggested the story of her grandsons, Matthew and Nathaniel's miraculous advent into their family. I came to know Tony and Angie and saw what a great influence she was as a Matriarch of her family.

The words 'grace and elegance' describe her very well, but I want to add that she was such a sweet spirit and I'm sure she was surrounded by angels.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Betty (and Frank) Sparti