Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GEORGIA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Williams

Brenda Gail Williams, age 55, of Dallas, GA passed away on Tuesday, July 31, 2007. She was born on September 23, 1951 in Cartersville, GA. She was an office manager at High Grove Partners Landscape Architect Design and was a member of High Shoals Missionary Baptist Church. She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Jim & Nettie Williams and Curtis & Maggie Hansard.

Survivors include her parents, Thomas Chesley and Wynell Hansard Williams of Dallas, GA; a sister and brother-in-law, Louise and Alton Landrum of Dallas, GA; nephews, Thomas and Melody Landrum of Acworth, GA and Randall and Carla Landrum of Dallas, GA; great nieces and nephews, Blake and Amanda Landrum of Dallas, Ashley Landrum of Dallas, Casey Landrum and his fiancee, Catherine Land of Acworth and Alicia Landrum of Acworth; great-great nephews, Chesley and Mason Landrum of Dallas.

Funeral services will be held on Thursday, August 2, 2007 at 3:00 p.m. from Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA with Rev. Marvin Gunter and Rev. Curtis Hansard officiating. The interment will follow in Paulding Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends on Wednesday from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

Edited by Clark Funeral Home

Brenda is my husband's aunt. She has been battling cancer for a while. She was one hell of a fighter! 11 weeks ago today, she was told she had only 2-3 days left. She made it 11 weeks and has been up and talking most of those.

These last few days have been very hard on her and the family as we watched her fade away. She was holding on as long as she could. I think she was really wanting to see one of her cousins. He had been her best friend growing up. Unfortunately, he never made it to visit. I want him to know how much she loved him. She told me stories of them getting in trouble as young children.

Last night, we stayed until late. We all had a few private moments with her to say our good-byes. This morning at around 8:30 Brenda passed peacefully. Her breathing had slowed down and eventually just stopped. She did not struggle or suffer in her last minutes.

Please remember her and our family in your thoughts and prayers. Especially focus on Chesley and Wynell Willams for losing their youngest daughter, and my mother-in-law Louise for losing her only sister. Louise has dedicated the last several years of her life helping Brenda through this. She will need a lot of prayers to help her get back to her life. She is holding up well now, but she is still busy. When it gets quiet, she will have more difficulty.

Thank you.