Paulding.com

A wrecker has run off the road, hit a power pole (which is down), and hit a tree. The tree was on fire. Life Flight is on standby. They have called for extra extraction equipment.They need a flat bed wrecker to assist with getting the driver out of the vehicle. Needed 10-18, quick.

They didn't give a name of the wrecker. They need another wrecker to come in from 278 because of the power lines being down. They are requesting a wrecker service from Dallas.

well our power at home is off.....

where on Buchanan Hwy is this? Froggy said there was a wrecker behind him on the way back from the Hickory Hut (that was not long ago)....not sure if it was the same wrecker....

prayers for the driver of the wrecker....hope he will be ok....was there another vehicle, or just the wrecker?

where on Buchanan Hwy is this?

in front of 3356

was there another vehicle, or just the wrecker?

only the wrecker

The patient has been extricated.

not sure where 3356 is, but I am guessing it is near Scoggins. I looked up Pumpkinvine Church and it is in the 2000s. I'm guessing 3356 is going further toward Buchanan.

It is somewhere near Scoggins.

Somebody please find out which wrecker service this is!!! I have a very good friend that drives a wrecker. Although--being out that way--it could be a Shelton's wrecker.

Being out that way, it could be a few others as well.

Just the news is on the scene as I type.

The wrecker she said was named Goias.

According to her, eyewitnesses said the wrecker simply went off the highway snapping a power pole and trapping the driver. She reports the driver was injured primarily in the lower extremeties ... legs ... but was conscious and talking to emts before being life-flighted out.

We will have photos and full story later tonight... after the SO BBQ ;)

pubby

The wrecker that was involved was from Roswell and this accident was about 1 mile from Scoggins Road heading inbound towards Dallas. From Scoggins to 278, Buchanon was closed for about 2 1/2 hours and traffic from the Dallas side was backed up for miles. I would urge you to pray for this young man who was alert and talking with his recuers on scene. The damage to the vehicle was severe , especially the driver's compartment and the fire department had a lengthy extrication which they did with expertise. We are very fortunate here in Paulding to have such well trained fire, police and Ems personnel. Pubby will post more on this later with pictures from the scene.

Somebody please find out which wrecker service this is!!! I have a very good friend that drives a wrecker. Although--being out that way--it could be a Shelton's wrecker.

It wasn't Shelton's, I talked to Frankie as soon as I came out Scoggins and was told by a PCSO what had happened. The Shelton's are good friends of ours and I wanted to make sure it wasn't Frankie. He said he was on his way the accident, he was called to bring a rollback and help get the wrecked one to a point where they could get the driver out. prayers for those who are involved.

my wife was there moments after it happened. It was just past (north/west) Scoggins. We drove by a little while ago on the way back and there were about 5 trucks putting up wires, mostly AT&T trucks. There looked to be an axle or 2 wheels left on scene.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for the driver